It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikipedia down after server meltdown.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
scitech.blogs.cnn.com...

"Wikipedia was offline Wednesday afternoon after an overheating problem at the online encyclopedia's European data center.

Wikipedia's technical blog said the site's servers shut themselves down to avoid damage from the heat."

You don't suppose it was heat they were getting from TPTB. I'd dare say there was some very ugly information floating around the world of wiki regarding the Constitution and such. Health care perhaps?

Just thought the date was pretty interesting.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I wonder if it has anything to do with the WikiLeaks and the CIA visit?

I may be wrong, but I'm assuming Wikipedia and WikiLeaks are related.
Related post here re: WikiLeaks:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ghr54321

wiki is too smart to associate themselves with wikileaks. Wikileaks is a hotspot for conspiracy info and also under the gun so to speak. I think a better assumption would be that there is a ton of people out there looking for information on everything right now because people are starting to wake up. I don't doubt wiki crashed bc of overload. Sounds very logical.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghr54321
I may be wrong, but I'm assuming Wikipedia and WikiLeaks are related.
You're wrong. Wikis have been around since the mid-90's and any number of software implementations have been done since then. Wikipedia and Wikileaks are just two of the most visible organizations using "wiki" in their name, but they're not related in any way.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
i guess it was just offline in europe because i was wiki'ing my ass off yesterday in good 'ol MERICA.

My guess is technical problem or too many users. Wiki is going to be as big as google.

There could have been a buch of people in Europe trying to update pages all at the same time, or there could have been a hack attack, who knows.

top topics

join