It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Thought Process. What is it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
What is the thought process? Is it just chemical reactions in the brain? To me this just sounds stupid. The reason I say this is because there has to be some external influence to make us think that thought. Just randomly think of the most randomness thought. Now where did that thought come from? How does it arise from our brain/consciousness? Is it external or internal? What does ATS think?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I'd like to know where all the thoughts and memeories are that cause you to Dream things that you have never seen or come across.

I've had dreams that I wish I had never woken from because some of the dreams have been so much better than my real life. I often find myself trying to get back to the place in my dream after I've woken up from it.

Anyhow, I know what you mean about Random Thoughts Popping Up. I think the Random Thoughts that come up, could be like a Crossfire somewhere in the brain. Maybe a glitch. It happens to me quite often. I'll be thinking of something and suddenly I start thinking about something that's completely unrelated. Something like Camping by the Lake while I was thinking about a new Mobile Phone I'd like to get.

Weird, isn't it?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
That is an interesting question. Not sure there are any right answers.

For me, this was a good starting point:

Eckhart Tolle

Some great concepts on your query.

I especially enjoyed realizing that there is a part of our brain function that we are totally unaware of at work all the time keeping us alive. (Autonomic: keeps us breathing while sleeping, eye blinks etc.) And then the more"aware" thinking we do. Not all of which is so constuctive.

So many here are much more well versed on such matters. I look forward to their replies.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
You are not your brain.

Remember that fact.

The human body is what I like to call a meat suit. Your soul is the driver.

There is something more, that we as humans cannot see or quantify which provides us with this amazing ability to "think" to view our actions from the past and to remember what has happened.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I would like to think that, but there are just so many ideas going against having a soul. I like to think I do, but when i see the evidence it just makes me wonder if there is nothing after death. But who knows.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

in certain perspective of truth i guess we are with animals more the subjective truth while gods are more the objective truth representant

the subjective truth is of course superior to objective one because the subject is the truth itself free always life

but since truth is before as beyond over us, and since gods are not true subjects and mean to abuse true subjects for their objective life in knowing absolute truth use, we must find the way out of them to be true in truth reality life

we cant do this but to accept us with our limited objective ability that cant compete with gods one of course, and take from gods offer to our objective expressions only what we can built upon ourselves alone as true

we should not suffer from any inferiority complex regarding gods, they are not true while we always are at conception true and them not never, they are at conception only aware static ones, but we are the living reality truth that is why truth knowledge to do from is not at reach for us because the access is to ourselves to be in truth

new topics

top topics

join