It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Auschwitz Sign Stolen: Jewish Furore!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Hi ATSers,
the Auschwitz Sign was stolen. And then recovered.
perpetrators sentenced!

Why the big deal?
Why so touchy about defacing this shameful relic?
It has been announced that one of the ''Big-time'' thieves had Neo-nazi connections!
Gee-wiz!!
I suppose the Auschwitz Camp makes some people a lot of money!!
The price of reality?

Link 1

Link 2

[edit on 3/24/2010 by KRISKALI777]

Mod Edit: Fixed BB code. Please use URL tags instead of image tags.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Gemwolf]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Well, I live in a country with a great deal of history and I abhor acts of vandalism and theft against that history.

Auschwitz is an historical site, so no real difference and the sign did play an important cynical twist in the camp.

Maybe you should go to Auschwitz and perhaps you would appreciate why this particular act carries such poignancy. If you are unable to claw your way through your cynicism and see that the theft would be highly emotional, then shame on you.

I should add that like all Nazi extermination camps, the Jews did not hold a monopoly on the suffering. In Auschwitz, well over a million Jews (estimates vary 1m-3m) met their untimely ends alongside over 150,000 local Poles and countless Gypsies and other nationals deemed worthy of extermination by the Nazi State. Auschwitz is a monument to all who suffered and met their end there, regardless of their nationality or religion.

Regards

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
The people who stole that sign didn't realize how important it was for history. Despite it is silly that someone didn't realize here in Poland how important that sign is the brain of that operation live in Sweden, He organize that operation and as it was agreed he planed to soled that monument to the eccentric collector in Great Britain. Both of them are related to neonazi organizations. Now Polish prosecutors trays for extradition of that man from Sweden because Swedish police already caught him.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by odyseusz]

join