It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What really happens if/once the USD collapses?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Some of the stuff sounds plausible, some not so much.

I think the markets would be shut down, before trading really got out of hand.

I highly doubt US Special Forces would be used to protect the Federal Reserve. I can see private military contractors and just maybe units from 101st and 82nd Airborne divisions. More than likely any federal troops would just be on alert or standby and not actually deploy to the sites. There should be one or more Federal Reserve bunkers, that replaced the original Mount Pony bunker. These sites, which will house various computers and electronic records, will have priority over any physical bank.

When these "6900 protocols" would have been created it would have been in the 1960s or 1970s. Many many things have changed since then, especially since 9-11.

An entirely new system is in place.

Food, gas and water would be rationed in the worst areas. This is to prevent panic buying. Contractors and/or National Guard would protect the food, gas, and water. They would also maintain order at any distribution sites. People would be issued a card, like a credit card, but it would function as a ration card. You go through the line, get your rations and go home. Curfews would keep people from wondering around when they shouldn't be.

We, I personally was involved in it, already tested this type of operation after Hurricanes Ike and Gustav.

It won't be martial law. Martial law implies military governors, military tribunals, UCMJ- Uniform code of military justice, etc.

What we are looking at is a State of National Emergency. The State Governors would still be in control and would coordinate with the National Command Authority to maintain order.

Only if a State government collapses, which could happen in California, then Congress would have to declare martial law in that state. A provisional military governor and military tribunals would then set up in that state to restore order.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

You may be correct. These protocols were put in place late seventies, so much could have changed since then. I'm still doing research to figure out exactly how this goes down.

Thanks for your perspective.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LOLZebra

I agree

If the dollar collapsed, the U.S. government would pretend like nothing happened and keep rolling along. Though, I think our government wouldn't be as powerful, and would close many military bases around the world. They would still be a superpower.

They would probably freeze prices on commodities/food grown in the homeland and start using up our resource reserves.

Our corporations would bring everything back to the U.S. and we would go into isolationism again because our dollars would mean nothing to the rest of the world. We could keep prices the same in our country and not trade with other countries unless absolutely necessary. Our technology would dig us out of the collapse or would be moved overseas for more money.

Inflation would probably set big time like in Japan, as one dollar is equal to ninety Japanese notes.

It wouldn’t be the end of the world that is for sure, but the average person would feel the effects, as we would all no longer be living way above our means.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by tooo many pills]

<< 1   >>

join