It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six thousand trees felled to stop strangers meeting for sexual intercourse

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

6000 Trees Felled UK, With Preventing Sex In The Woods A Major Reason

www.dailytelegraph.com.au

SIX thousand trees have been removed from a beauty spot, in part to try and stop people meeting for sex in the woods.

The conifers were felled on the 12 hectare site on the outskirts of Darwen, Lancashire, England, after a "health and safety survey."

Police and councillors said that the cull - some of trees planted after World War II were in danger of falling down - was also ordered to discourage strangers from meeting for sexual intercourse at the known "dogging" hotspot - dogging is a British euphemism for engaging in public sex.

Jean Rigby, a local councillor, told the Lancashi
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.newkerala.com

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
They mentioned that there were older trees, some since WW2 era, however, conifers live for hundreds of years, and I can't help but wonder, what kind of dictatorial controllers think they have any jurisdiction over human consenting behavior, and decimate forests and nature at their whims.

England has a very high population per square mile density, and is losing much of its natural habitat. This decision would have never been allowed in Canada, and we have lots of forrests, the enviromentalists, citizens and First Nations People would have stopped this.

Carefully selectively removing very dangerous trees might be management, but clear cutting them is beyond comprehension. I feel that this was done in with some other political motivation behind it.

As with all things that they are attempting to karmically transfer onto us, it takes citizens standing up. Awareness, becoming unglued from apathy, and speaking out.

The second link mentions the 666HWY, and to me this clinches a bigger agenda, and NWO.

www.dailytelegraph.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Read about this the other day.

Can't help but wonder "who" is going to now ask to build "what" on the decimated site.

Housing estate...superstore....stadium....car park.

What a pathetic excuse to cut down something natural and beautiful....there's more to this than we are being told I'm sure and I hope there is some kind of in depth investigation, not to mention all the activists who are going to do their thing.

*******!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Now people will have to have sex more openly

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

The same thing came to mind. Who knows, that could come out of it as a desireable side-effect if it was not planned ahead of time.

It's a blantant disregard not only for life, but adult decisions in general. There isn't any difference in performing that action for the "offical" reason given and taking away something from a child that one considers them not responsible enough to handle.

It is just a weird way to think to think of something like this as a solution to any "problem". Just weird and very, very backwards.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
WTF has my home country come too, I really am glad I don't live there any longer - I never thought I'd say that, how times have changed.

How about policing the area instead of sterilizing it? Do we have to clear all land and coat it in concrete so that everyone complys with the governments pre-conceived notion of what is acceptable behavior. (I'm not advocating whats going on here but come on, chopping down the trees to prevent it?) Its as idiotic as clamping a car thats causing an obstruction - causing the obstruction that offended to remain an obstruction longer.

The control, fear and surveillance of the UK is totally out of hand yet it just seems to be accepted by the masses.

Why has England plummeted over the last 25-30 years?

The proverbial wrapping of society in cotton wool and the politicaly correct BS that infected society. That's why. teachers can't teach or reprimand for fear of repercussions, parents can't discipline their own kids for fear of government melding and possible removal of their kids and the police can't police because the CPS (Crown Presecution Service) send offenders on holidays and trips. Punishment is no longer a deterrent.

England has become the benefit state of the world where young adults and teenagers have children in return for financial reward and housing. This leads in turn to more of the same attitude in their children and cycle repeats, you end up with a large portion of society that is un-educated and doesn't care about anything, least of all a few trees.

How to fix England? Untie the hands of Police, Teachers and Parents. Kids need to be told off, disciplined and taught respect. Sometimes that requires a smack or a kick up the backside. So be it.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Sense. this makes none.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
They should have left it alone and advertised it as a tourist hot spot.

Sounds fun to me, I know, cause I've got my own woods.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
ok - a few facts , as this is right on my doorstep

1- this was a commercial plantaition just 50m wide and a couple of kilometers long - it was planted soley to produce timber

2 - nothing will be built on it - as its just a narrow strip alongside a road over moorland

3 - a replanting scheeme has alkready been drawn up , approved and budgeted for [ why do none of the news reports mention this ???? ] it will be replanted with broadleef varieties at a much lower planting density

4 it was not a ` beauty spot `- it was a drak dismal forrestry plantation - little light reached the ground and nothing grew at ground level

5 yes it was dangerous - there were many leaning trees

now having got that out the way -

i actually disagree with the total removal of the plantation - it could have been radically thinned which would have removed all dagerous trees , opened up the plantaition floor allowing greater diversity of both plant and animal life and improved the health of remaining trees

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
hahaha, why does it seem so many people in the UK engage in illicit sexual practices. .....

true story, ....the only girl I ever knew in the UK painted quite a disturbing picture of life there, .... and her, herself was a testament to that, ... not only was she molested by her stepfather as a girl, ... bit I found out he was having his way with her again from time to time to pay the rent, as well as give her extra money.

she lives in a rathole, wore ratty clothing, .... and what does she do with the 600 pounds he gave her ??? she bought a 600 pound pair of designer shoes !!!

something is seriously wrong over there.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Then this article proves it whoever is controlling the world and our earth aren't humans but simply aliens, you dont believe me? i mean if i was a leader why would i care on how or where you are having sex? that is not the leaders business thats your business.

I am right?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Breaking news - please fix your headline as it's incorrect from the original article...

It reads

Sydney news alerts
Six thousand trees felled to stop strangers meeting for sexual intercourse

As for the practice of cutting trees because of this?
Absolutely disgusting.

peace

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
oh - and as i am in a pithy mood :

bravo to all the ATS members who have clearly fallen hook line and sinker for the journalistic sensationalism of " trees feeled to prevent sex "

i have already laid out some of the facts of this case that have been curiously lacking

now to quote the local comic , who ACTUALY talked to the officials involved and got quotes

the felling programme would have the added benefit of discouraging strangers from meeting up for sex at the known 'dogging' hotspot.

now thats a rather different stance than the " major reason " presented by other sources

but meh - why let the mere facts stand in the way of sensationalism ?????????

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Jesus, i know this is a conspiracy site, but some things just aren't a conspiracy.

All it took was a 2 minute google search -

www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...#

Notice their headline:

"6,000 trees felled on outskirts of Darwen."

No mention of sex being a major reason. That was a later twist by other newspaper editors to justify why such a boring story could get into their international newspaper.

"And police and councillors said the felling programme would have the added benefit of discouraging strangers from meeting up for sex at the known 'dogging' hotspot."

The ADDED benefit. Not the main benefit. Not even a major benefit. The added benefit.

Seriously, don't be so sensationalist.

“Following a health and safety survey, a license was applied for and granted through the Forestry Commission to fell them.

“We are re-planting the area with natural broad leaf trees."

Conspiracy over.

It's not like this was some ancient woodland, as that would be green-belt land and so untouchable. Despite the OPs original point that England is losing much of its natural habitat ; we lost our natural habitat 2000 years ago when the Romans deforested the place. Since then, we've inherited a lovely patchwork of mostly medieval fields and pastures, and they're not going anywhere, as they are protected by law.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Its very late, so Im feeling fuzzy right now, but the title is from the first link, where the quote is taken, and it was copied and pasted from the title at the top of the page. I just clicked in again, and its the same title, they havn't changed it. In that spot in the form, are we not supposed to put the actual title of the article on the top of the page?

Nevermind, I do understand now what you mean, I wrote something similar, I just fixed it.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

" trees feeled to prevent sex "

Fraudian slippage
(though it should be felt to be grammatically correct, at this time in the morning it'll do!)

If this as IA said, then it's a bit of a non story. They're doing something simular near me, a local "cruising" area has been semi cleared. But again, it's an area of woodland grown for produce. Not for nookey

Oh, and the article failed on it's headline too. It missed a vital oppertunity to insert a "got wood?" or "doggers fail to keep wood" type pun

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by CRB86
Jesus, i know this is a conspiracy site, but some things just aren't a conspiracy.

All it took was a 2 minute google search -

www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...#

Notice their headline:

"6,000 trees felled on outskirts of Darwen."

No mention of sex being a major reason. That was a later twist by other newspaper editors to justify why such a boring story could get into their international newspaper.

"And police and councillors said the felling programme would have the added benefit of discouraging strangers from meeting up for sex at the known 'dogging' hotspot." etc

Yes but you know the Telegraph. It is well written but highly in terested in pruirient deviancies. The mail and express are no better.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

That is far from normal and I don't think that kind of thing is exclusive to the UK. How did you meet her?

"Something is seriously wrong there" - yeah, because I'm guessing America never has any of these problems. Good grief, the anti-English (which is what you mean by UK, really) sentiment is still alive and well on these forums.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Goathief]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I guess I will have to stick to the car and my favourite bus shelter then lol

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

hahaha, why does it seem so many people in the UK engage in illicit sexual practices. .....

true story, ....the only girl I ever knew in the UK painted quite a disturbing picture of life there, .... and her, herself was a testament to that, ... not only was she molested by her stepfather as a girl, ... bit I found out he was having his way with her again from time to time to pay the rent, as well as give her extra money.

she lives in a rathole, wore ratty clothing, .... and what does she do with the 600 pounds he gave her ??? she bought a 600 pound pair of designer shoes !!!

something is seriously wrong over there.

Wow, way to generalise an entire nation based on the experiences of one, less than fortunate Brit. This is by no means normal for the UK and I'm sure incidents like this happen all over the world.

As previously stated, this work was done for safety reasons and it's just incidental that people use the area for dogging, which BTW is illegal in the UK and classed as public indecency.

Also, can I just point out that dogging is the act of having sex in public with the knowledge that other people are watching, not just having sex in public, which I'm sure a great deal of us have done at one time or another.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join