It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning Declaration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It has become a time in this nation’s history for a new chapter to be written. It has been shown that the government of the United States of America is no longer ‘by the people and for the people’. It has become necessary to once again dissolve the political bands that are holding the people of this great nation powerless. It is time for us once again to establish a government that is truly for the people and by the people. Over 200 years later we still hold these truths to be self-evident. All people are created equal. There is no room for inequality any longer. No matter race, sexual preference, religion or gender we will all be equal. We believe that the current government has become destructive to the given rights of our founding. We understand that government is a living entity that can change over time and it is our understanding that the changes that have been made recently are no longer supporting our citizens.

It has become time for us to institute a government based on our founding documents with freedom at its core. When a long train of abuses and ignorance to the constituents is shown, it is the right - it is their duty of the people - to throw off such government and to provide new guards for their future security.

It has been shown by their own example that the government will do what they wish, no longer concerning themselves with our society; seen most recently by passing a law that a majority of citizens do not approve of and taxation that continues to grow with no stop in sight alongside a debt that will bury us for generations to come. We are no longer represented by our elected officials. The time has come for the removal of all people in power whose only concern is staying in office - no longer concerned for the people they were chosen to represent. Taxing its citizens twice on the money we make and purchases on items that are needed for our daily life. We can no longer stand by while the government takes more of our money to support a program no one wants. With spending out of control, our reliance on outside counties and with no concern for long term planning, money that should be for its citizens may not even be there when we, or our children, need the funding.

For fundamentally disregarding the laws of the land.
For depriving us of trials by a jury of our peers.
Imposing Taxes without the majority consent.
For sending our troops out to war without majority consent.
For no longer allowing the public votes for major elections by using the electoral college.

This is a warning to our standing government that changes must be made to correct the wrongs that have been done to the people of this great country. We are strong, we are brave and we can no longer be held captive and have more and more freedoms taken from us without standing up against this tyranny.

This warning comes before we truly stand and draft a new Declaration of our Independence from this tyranny - taking back our country from a government that has failed us.

Just looking for thoughts and opinions on this.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
We are missing a "Yawn" icon.

You guys missed the boat.

Your choice wasn't between winning the health care or losing it.

People want it. Your choice was HOW it was going to happen.

And you missed it. Being too busy thinking you could dictate that HEALTH isn't a communal issue important to the citizenry.

Now, get off your rumps and realize that you now have the option of making it work sensibly or being stupid.

The issue won't go away because you tear yourself apart in an attempt to force your vision of American Peopleness.

While you attempt that, you're going to give away your international place and then wonder why no one saved your rightful place for you.

Smarten up. You already missed the target once, twice, don't make it thrice.

[edit on 2010/3/23 by Aeons]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
What is it? A letter your going to send to your congressmen or something? While Im happy with my government and happy about the steps toward Universal HC I do believe that if you think your being oppressed that you need to stand up for yourself and be your own advocate.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Yes I am hoping to get input and send it to as many address I can come up with. It has less to do with just the health care change I am for fixing health care I think they way they went about it was slightly unlawful and I know I will not change it.

I truly believe that it is a time for a revolution as I was looking at the Declaration of Independence today I feel that our government is doing the same things that caused the revolutionary war. And I feel that it is time to do anything in our power to start a somewhat peaceful change that needs to be coming. But thank you for your replies.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Thanks for posting op.

These comments are meant for the slew of posts coming out from the old guard today and are not specifically pointed at your comments.

"too many words and not enough action"

Whenever a major accomplishment occurs within our country, the other party spends too much time crying about the injustice done to them/ party.

Suck it up, look out the window at your neighbors and realize that together you are people first and Americans second. The party affiliation is a rough boundary of ideals and not necessarily a social survival mandate.

We still live in the best country on earth (and will be for the foreseeable next hundred years or so).

Instead focus on where our energy will come from when the oil is gone (sooner than you think).

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
It seems that there are a lot of Threads started on ATS today that are as Uninteresting as this one.

Oh well, I think I'll take a Nap. Maybe the Angry Anti-Healthcare Reform People will come back and start uo their Angry Threads again.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hey nice thought, as there is no doubt that what you are saying is right on target. Here is the problem....how do you expect to do this? I'm sure the PTB will willingly just give up their NWO and grant us true freedom....lolol....If it is put in our court to take, I'm extremely doubtful because we are a nation of ignorant sheeple. Now I'm not talking about us...but we are the minority. When most people I talk to could care less about these subjects, I don't like putting my eggs in that basket. There are just too many ignorant sheep to wake up, and that's assuming they want to be woken up up!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Well I for one do believe it is time for something like this. We are due for another revolutionary war. For all of you who claim peace is the the only way, I say you can't have peace when the other side is hell bent on violence. Sometimes you have to defend your self. Say you are a woman like I am, if some one breaks into your home and tries to rape you, are you going to hold up a sign with some witty statement about why rape is wrong and peacefully try to talk him out of it, or are you going to fight like mad to defend yourself? Well guess what, our government has been raping us for a while now, while we just lie on the ground and take it. Lets see here, what do they call a woman who repeated lets men violate her body for a little bit of comfort, oh yea, they are called prostitutes. So go on keep prostituting yourself out to the government, I for one am sick of feeling violated. I am ready to take action, I just can't do it alone.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Lincoln pretty much destroyed the America you are talking about when he destroyed the Idea of States Rights over the Republic.

The Real problem is where you get your information and who you listen too. I have a problem with people who reject intelligence as elitist who then turn around and think they know what is best. Sorry, but ignorance is not > intelligence.

I hear the same empty talking points like "death panels" and the like. Outright lies held up as truth, and no one corrects themselves. So why should I listen to such people when they lack integrity and honesty?

And I am tired of the posturing and threats of civil unrest and violence. Bring it you cowards! Enough talk! You have the weapons and ammo, stop talking and start revolting! I would like to see some rednecks go against an Apache Helicopter.

But I agree with the Anti-Welfare stance... Lets start with subsidies for those farmers in Oklahoma who steal 4 billion a year to NOT grow crops. There are hundreds of billions given away to farms annually and some of those are millionaires. Why do they need handouts? Many of them hire Illegal Aliens to work for them.

Then we should stop the corporate welfare and stop privatizing everything. Privatization is just a nice way of saying steal from the public.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Oh, and 25% of those who do not like it feel tht way because it doesn't go far enough!

That Anti-Bill crowd are not all teabaggers, not even close.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Where was this sense of moral outrage when we were invading Iraq? When our rights were being shredded by the "Patriot" act? When US-friggin-citizens were left stranded in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina? When America decided to turn a blind eye to our own government detaining people indefinitely and torturing people?

Yet somehow, access to health care for all is the issue that sends the Right over the edge. The hypocrisy is unbelievable.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
First I would like to say thank you to all the replies. This is what I was looking for was the feeling of people here. I have to say I was very much just on of the sheeple for a long time. And then on a search I happened across a little site out there called ATS and it got me thinking. And so here I am now. It was not the health care bill that started this thought I was having it was just more the final straw on how they could just do it when the American people are against it. I am not sure if some type of peaceful type of coup would work in America. It is what I see as a good option. If we just all opened fire it would turn out very bad very everyone like the other poster said lets see someone try and take out an Apache. And that truly does turn us against each other and that is not what needs to happen. We need to band together and fight as one. We do out number them. Some may not like my post or find it boring or just more talk. But for me it is truly a start. I may not know how it will end but I am looking at more actions to take. So if anyone truly has an idea and may not think it will work for whatever reason I say bring it to this post tell us your idea yes there will be trolls and flamers but there is a lot of intelligence on this site. Let us make a change because "We the people" did it once before and it is time to do it again.

new topics

top topics

join