It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unfair to keep Army soldiers beyound voluntary enlistment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I find it totaly unnacceptable that our nation is holding on to soldiers who have served out there volunteer service. If they must do this to keep the soldier numbers up then it is time for a draft. It is LESS fair to hold onto these guys who have served, than it would be to force people who have not served volunatarily into service to defend our nation (that is what we are doing right)? This is atrocious and I hope someone whith money and power will start a movement to stop this.

These guys have done there part and if our country is so desperate for soldiers then its time to draft the rich and pampered before forceing the volunteers who have already fought and been in harms way to stay beyound what they voulnteered to do. I find this extreemly troubleing in my mind, heart and soul.

www.washingtonpost.com...

This makes my blood boil. 18 years active duty and I choose to continue, but I do not belive anyone should forced to stay before drafting those who have not served their country.

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by Xeven]

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
yea! it's called "stop-loss", and it's a BUNCH OF BULL#!!
here's another article
No wonder so many of the military people are headed to Canada!
===================================================

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I would imagine that the arguement is that enforcing stop loss will stave off a draft. The DoD is probably contending that forcing soldiers to stay past their initial commitment period is not as bad as drafting those who never volunteered in the first place. I don't necessarily agree with their logic, but it helps to understand the rationale for this decision.

Bottom line...if you hate the policy, hate Rumsfeld. It's his restructuring of the military that has put us in such dire need of available troops.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Erased post, didn't read your link until after, which of course we pretty stupid on my part.

This is the first time I've ever head of stuff like that. Although I do think in times of war we can not afford to lose men and woman to their end of service. I spent 8 years in the Marine Corps, and would never have expected to leave, or be allowed to leave, during a time like this.

[Edited on 2-6-2004 by Darktalon]

new topics

top topics

join