It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC TV license and treason.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Just stumbled across this - wondering if anybody can legally confirm it for me.

www.tpuc.org...

Basically if you are PAYING for a TV LICENSE from this PRIVATE COMPANY you are being DECEIVED and if you REFUSE to PAY they will use a STATEMENT (CONTRACT) so you can PUNISH yourself by your own ACTions. Without DECEIVING you into this, there is nothing they can do and this is quite EVIDENT by their own DOCUMENTATION. Pleas click the image above for more information.

Please read the whole page, including correspondance and suggested legal activity before replying.

Personally i think this is brilliant - but before i make any action, i'd like more info.

--

Below is a snippet of the suggested letter to the BBC

Re: The Royal Charter of the BBC, & the Treason & Felony Act, 1848
Notice Before Action.

It has been brought to my attention that the Corporation has received and is now receiving substantial amounts of funding from the European Union, in breach of Charter Provisions, and that in consequence of this very suspect arrangement the BBC is now reduced to the function of providing both broadcasting & propaganda facilities to a form of alien authority that fails to acknowledge the Supreme Authority of the British Crown.

I must advise you that all such conduct serves to breach the provisions of the Treason Act, 1351 with the further provisions of the Treason & Felony Act, 1848.

In addition, I must advise that the Treason & Felony Act of 1848 provides that it is a Criminal Offence for Subjects of the Crown to give aid or comfort to Traitors, and that this offence is punishable by imprisonment for life.

I am concerned for my own position and I must ask you to cease and desist from all treacherous conduct & financial arrangements, without delay.

Unless I receive your written assurance that the Corporation will issue an immediate public apology for all Treason committed thus far, with your further guarantee that the Corporation will cease and desist from all and any conduct that fails to maintain the Supremacy of the British Crown, then I must give fair warning of my intention to discontinue the payment of all such moneys as are now being applied to the financial support of the BBC.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Looks kosher as far as I can see, it seems this group are on to something and I have to take my hat off to them for having such balls.

What was most startling for me was the revelation that in UK law a "Person" is defined as a "Fiction"

Her's John Harris doing his magic -

( I still don't know what to make of the guy)

Oh by the way, by all accounts should the TV licensing creeps stick a detector van outside your house to monitor what you may or may not be doing with "your" TV. They are in breach of your human rights in relation to you having the right to privacy (apparently).

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I'd always been under the impression that the BBC was to provide a fair, unbiased service for the people of the country.
And thats why everybody was asked to chip in, in the form of the TV License.

However - if, as the article states, the BBC has been accepting money from political institutions/bodies, then they will have some sort of bias towards (which is presumably moving away from the PEOPLE)..

my understanding is simply, they aren't holding up their end of the deal, so neither should we.

I don't pay a TV License - but thats because I don't watch TV. Games and DVD players etc are exempt so long as you don't actually use your tv to "watch or record tv programmes as they are being broadcast" - their words, not mine.

I simply rang them up and told them that I don't watch TV ever, and haven't been bothered since. Its a slightly easier way of going about it

The letter in that article however does seem genuine and mumbo-jumbo-y enough to be legal IMO... but it also sounds a bit smartarseish, could end up not being worth the hassle if ya get me....

edit to fix random missing words - si

[edit on 23/3/10 by selfisolated]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

ahh john harris is the guy behind this letter. ! i watched a video of his awhile ago, clever chap. good on him the bbc is a waste of space, eastenders i can live without, top gears pretty good, but i resent being forced to pay for the usual drivel.
and their bloated wages! radio 1 arrrggh!! full of overpaid smug berks with vastly inflated wages and opinions of themselves.
the bbc didnt even bother putting on every series of the wire! and dancing on wheels!? were they really serious?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by yodagod

You should have a look at this very interesting.
I havent laughed so much i ages watch part 2 aswell

[edit on 23-3-2010 by badvok123]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
just noticed my link doesn't work soz still new too all this but if you go on youtube and type in english freeman standing in court council tax the take down begins 1 you wont be disappointed

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

The BBC gets a lot of negative criticism from some quarters. Daily Express and Daily Mail editorial policy are good examples of this IMO.

I listen to BBC radio every day (1Xtra, R4 and 5live) and haven't found an alternative that can compete with their overall quality. The websites for history, nature, science, tech and news are without equal (as a mainstream media) and, in my opinion, are less biased than others. If there is a less biased equivalent, let me know...

I say that to make my opinion of BBC clear.

Regarding the links and the possibility of 'opting out' out of paying the license fee...not a chance. I resent the legal compulsion to pay the fee. They have legal rights to enter property and seize goods. A large proportion of female inmates are there as an outcome of not paying the license fee. You can check it out...it's fact.

If a person in the UK owns a device capable of receiving radio, TV or playing DVD, video, images etc...they are required to pay the fee.

John Harris talks a good fight. I saw him in Oxford a couple of years ago and share some of his ideas...not all. Other detractors of the BBC have bigger agendas...much bigger resources too. If there was a simple way to avoid paying, the competition would have publicised it so many times we wouldn't be discussing it here.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
BBC5.tv

The cockney carpenter (JH) can be found here in some real eye opening videos. One will show you exactly how they trick you in order for you to convict yourself if your ever visited by the TV licence enforcement officer.

The Brian Gerrish talk on common Purpose is also worth viewing.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies and links - i shall watch them when i return home to my computer with speakers.

Anyone else know the legality of this??

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by badvok123
just noticed my link doesn't work soz still new too all this but if you go on youtube and type in english freeman standing in court council tax the take down begins 1 you wont be disappointed

Yup I seen it dude thanks anyhoo. Check out "No contract return to sender " at the the TPUC tpuc.org...

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I discovered a great website that lets you watch all Uk free to air channels, www.tvcatchup.com, they play about 1 min behind, but an amazing site which you can also use on your iphone, will be great for the world cup

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by yodagod

cheers I'll check that out later.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Licence fee is a charge for services. If you connect a TV or other device to your aerial, you've used those services and are legally required to pay. Most people are duped into believing that the 'enforcement officers' have power by law. They don't. They have no right to be on your property, much less inspect your house. Legal proceedings can only be made against you if the enforcement officer collects evidence which is then submitted to court. If there is no aerial on your roof, and you refuse him entry to your house, there is nothing they can do.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
Licence fee is a charge for services. If you connect a TV or other device to your aerial, you've used those services and are legally required to pay.

Exactly. If you don't use/have an aerial, you're not using the services.
Seeing as old-fashioned analogue terrestrial isn't being broadcast anymore (at least where I live), I simply rang up TV Licensing and informed them that I don't have any equipment capable of decoding the digital signal..

therefore CAN'T watch TV!

This is genuine! After months of letters asking me to buy a TV License, all it took was one quick phone call, nobodys been round to check - not that they would find me watching TV, of course....

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
1848???? seriously?

this is just old laws made by the baby boomers to hold us techies back in the modern age!

CHEERS to PROGESS!

new topics

top topics

join