It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does Fox and People like Glenn Beck get there talking points?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
And to answer your other question NO I don't care if they use my ideas I Have shared here on ATS as talking points. I care about one thing having a America to raise my kids in that is free prosperous. That is it. All the rest is filler.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Okay, I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Like I said, I would only want a nod not even acknowledging who I was. Just that I am someone.

As for something like the cure for cancer or for say free energy, I would definitely try to copyright it so NO ONE else could and then I would distribute it free.

That is one thing wrong with the deviant form of capitalism now, if someone was to try to give an idea out for free, the gov would patent it and lock it away in some warehouse deep in a desert.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by elcapitano75

I know it first pissed me off and then it made me a little proud, but then it pissed me off again.

Hell, when I used the idea in my thread, I gave Tom Clancy the credit for the term.

I would have liked at least a little nod of credit. You know, something like "someone on the net likened the American People to the Tom Clancy Novel".

You know, SOMETHING. Oh well.

If I had a nickel for every great idea I had that I later saw somewhere on TV or on the internet, I'd be rich. Don't be so quick to think that you're the only one drawing some unique conclusion or comparisons. It's kind of arrogant on your part.

I mean no disrespect, but that happens to me all the time.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by AwakeinNM]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

You don't need him or anyone else to tell you that you are someone. Your words are strong and come from a mighty heart that wants good and truth. You know in you heart what the truth is why do you care if someone else needs to use your words to find it. This is about one thing my friend and that is why you are wrong.

I have alot of respect for you and your ideas. And maybe so does Glen he has a national stage to share them. Let him it is for the greater good and this issue is bigger than you but you are refusing to see that and that is why you are wrong.

The truth is subjective yes but some truth is bigger then subjectivity.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Alright everyone, I have changed my mind, I guess I shall set aside my PRIDE. Which is a deadly sin.

Thanks for setting me straight.

Peace and God Bless. Especially you ST.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Well usually it was that other way around - (Becks ideas being threaded here as original
contemplations)

although I think you might be right, good theory...

What many did not notice is BECKS change in "strategy" the very day after the election.
Meaning he seemed to make a sharp divert from his past high horse mainstream stance
to a more theoretical, conspiracy based narrative. Being that I am some what immune from some of his rhetoric, the change was rather prominent at the time.

I recall thinking how brilliant and seamless the transformation was at the time, from one day to the next.

I was watching Beck everyday so that I could have a fix on Daves debate strategy for the day, since it became apparent where the base of discourse was sourced from, it helped me with my ATSing.

But once again, an outside observer could clearing distill what and where Becks writers and producers were getting their target sentiment from. HERE and other rightish sources are great way to gain insight into popular right sentiment.
At the time this relationship appeared somewhat symbiotic...

Dunno???

nice theory

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Thanks, did you happen to look at the video in question? I thought is was so closely related to what I had written in that thread of mine, it would almost be impossible to be from something else.

I tried googling other possible sources for what my thread was about and what he was talking about, I did not find any.

Anyway, I just thought the correlations to 2 other threads and mine, that I was revisiting ATS when watching the video.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by Janky Red

Thanks, did you happen to look at the video in question? I thought is was so closely related to what I had written in that thread of mine, it would almost be impossible to be from something else.

I tried googling other possible sources for what my thread was about and what he was talking about, I did not find any.

Anyway, I just thought the correlations to 2 other threads and mine, that I was revisiting ATS when watching the video.

Ya - seems fishy

You should ask Dave if he got his thread idea from Beck, if it was before a certain period that might be the case. More recently - NO

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The quote was actually coined by Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. It is a common phrase when Americans wake to a profound truth.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Thanks projectvxn. I did not know that.

Okay, I thought Tom Clancy developed it. One must learn history or we are doomed to be ijuts.

Now I can see Clancy using it in that novel.

Thanks again.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
The quote was actually coined by Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. It is a common phrase when Americans wake to a profound truth.

Ya, I actually knew that, but forget...

It is the sentimental realm that seem to lifted from the thread, the perspective...

However it COULD be chalked up to universal ideological tenets

Impossible to prove I guess

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

But oh, I thought you didn't watch the MSM.

You only said it a few days ago on this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But I can't say it any better then Jon Stewart:

Jon Stewart does Glen Beck

Funniest thing ever.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by nixie_nox]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

No problem. We're all here to get an education we couldn't get anywhere else.
Aside from that. Don't be too angry if people repeat what you have to say, that just means you're getting through to them.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Hey nixie, show me where I said I do not watch the MSM. Of course I watch the MSM. I watch all of it, that is why I know where to look for the things they do not cover or that they obfuscate.

The thread you linked is a long one, I will read it again and see if I can find where you mean.

Yes, I have seen that episode. I watch him also. I still am a Libertarian Idealist. The less power the gov has, the better off is mankind.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Second page. I would quote it for you but I think it is against the T&C.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Sorry, you have me mistaken for someone that used a Fox News video as an argument against me.

I quote anyone that I get my info from if it is not my own opinion.

That thread you accused me of referencing Fox News. Sorry, that does not work as a good source. Accusing me of using Fox as a source and then using that as evidence is like saying that because the bible states that God is all powerful means that God exists.

Please do not lump me in with Fox. I am not a right wing listener of Fox. I have stated in the past that they are the equivalent of the Dem/Repub to MSNBC/Fox paradigm. Quit following YOUR programming.

It does not work with me.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

There is a little confusion. I am not referring to a video. But whatever. YOu don't watch the msm but you do watch the msm. Apparently you think your important enough to think the msm is watching you.

yea....

*backs out of thread slowly*

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Show me where I stated that I do not watch the MSM. U2U me the link if you have a problem of T&C possible conflict.

Everyone gets a little MSM exposure. Even if they hear it 2nd 3rd 4th 5th etc person.

I just do not get your jist on what you are espousing. You have accused me on another thread of having an agenda. Well DUUUHHH. You damn right I do. It is called FREEDOM.

Explain to everyone else YOUR agenda, or would you like to keep that hidden?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
well idk if you guys know but the nsa is in deep # because they took down servers in Texas and in the middle east.

Apparently apart of the cia apparatus is to corner middle eastern terrorists by giving them a venue to communicate. However the nsa found out that terrorist activities were being coordinated through he website and destroyed the servers.
The cia is angry ! lol

The best way to control the enemy is to lead them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join