It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does Fox and People like Glenn Beck get there talking points?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Everyone knows I am way right on the totalitarian/anarchy scale. So I do watch and listen many different programs that lean right. I know they skew things and I know they leave a lot of things out.

But I have noticed a very disconcerting trend lately. I was watching last nights Glenn Beck show and I saw 3 different references to threads here on ATS.

Now, I have mentioned this before to David1976 when I saw a piece on what you could build with the bailout money. David had a thread that was almost exactly the same.

Now, in regards to one of my threads, I likened the anger and awareness of the corruption the American People are waking to, to the Waking of the Sleeping Giant in the Tom Clancy novel, referring to the KGB.

He said EXACTLY that last night on his show. I DO NOT appreciate someone using my words without my permission!

Keep an eye out for anyone using your ideas and words. If we can prove they are using our material WITHOUT directly giving us credit, we could have a suit for copyright infringement.

Just letting you know.

edit to add-here is my thread-Have they woken the spleeping GIANT?

At the 17:14 point of his March 22 show. Here is a link with his show. Glenn Beck Show

He was going on about waking the ones that are asleep and then state they have woken the sleeping giant.

Alright, anyone can use anything that I have stated here. The peeps are right, spread MY truth for it is the word. LOL. Really, I just like to get a pat on the back once and awhile. We all need confirmation of our efforts. Anyway, Peace and God Bless.

[edit on 3/23/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me one bit. Isn't ATS like a central hub now for dissidence?

Although i do disagree with one thing, about lawyers and suing and all that. Personally i feel, that would make us just as bad as the powers we are against... at least for suing over talking points. My own feeling is, if they steal my opinions and use it on their talking points, hell i'm pretty flattered
Ah that's just me though.

Gave u a star and flag though cause it is damn interesting.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by elcapitano75]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I don't think it's organized. I see them slip up too much for it to be. In fact occasionally there will be a low hanging, almost a trap and a few will fall for it and jump on it. Rush has done it quite a few times. It enhances the plausable denialbility if it isn't organized from the top. But heck Rush thinks he's the top, McCain thinks he's the top, Palin thinks she's the top, Steele thinks he's the top and really they are all bottoms

link   
not sure you can sue for copyright if its not copywrited and just posted on a public forum.
I could be wrong, but I think the only ones whom could possibly have a case against the glen beck enterprise would be the actual owners of ATS itself. Might have to read the fine print on the terms.

As far as GB using your threads, and others of course around here..that would be fairly reasonable...they got a staff that crawls through places like this and other fringe places for scary stuff to yack about...the guy has to fill up 4 hours a day with subjects.

Hopefully nobody got fooled into thinking he does his own research...

link   
reply to post by elcapitano75

I know it first pissed me off and then it made me a little proud, but then it pissed me off again.

Hell, when I used the idea in my thread, I gave Tom Clancy the credit for the term.

I would have liked at least a little nod of credit. You know, something like "someone on the net likened the American People to the Tom Clancy Novel".

You know, SOMETHING. Oh well.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

You referring them to the bottom kind of makes me laugh.

We get information here and other places on the net, quicker then the NSA or the CIA. Remember hearing a few years ago how those agencies were using CNN for information? Now CNN and the other shows are using us as information gatherers.

Kind of funny really.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
They have a huge staff that pull stories from a wide array of sites and sources. Many of the same sources that provide the fodder for ATS threads.

No denying that there is some good talent on ATS though. Nothing like taking a quick spin around the world in less than twenty minutes.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
not sure you can sue for copyright if its not copywrited and just posted on a public forum.
I could be wrong, but I think the only ones whom could possibly have a case against the glen beck enterprise would be the actual owners of ATS itself. Might have to read the fine print on the terms.

As far as GB using your threads, and others of course around here..that would be fairly reasonable...they got a staff that crawls through places like this and other fringe places for scary stuff to yack about...the guy has to fill up 4 hours a day with subjects.

Hopefully nobody got fooled into thinking he does his own research...

Yeah, I do not know the copywrite laws in regards to what we post here either. Maybe I should look at that a little. Hell, why should I be working for Beck if I am not paid for it.
Capitalism and all.

Well, some talking heads do come up with their own material. I think Beck is one of those. Like you said, with his amount of hours on air per day. He has to be using at least 50-75% of his own thoughts. I do not think they could put together teleprompter literature for everything he espouses day in and day out.

Thanks for the comment.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I love you guys!!! So please do not be offended by what I am going to say in the least. Because you know me and I know you and we share many commonalities. Who cares as long as the message is good and the truth we are holding on by a thread and we should not be upset about these kinds of things. I wish he would take all of his viewpoints from the side of truth and liberty.

I have to say one thing about Glen I wish he was more serious he is a clown and we are truly hurting in this country. I also have some other issues but this thread is not about that.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Here is the Copyright info for this thread.

Creative Commons Deed

Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5
The Above Network, LLC, 1997 - 2009

You are free:

* to copy, distribute, display, and perform the material

Under the following conditions:
by
Attribution. You must attribute authorship of the work to "endisnighe; a member of AboveTopSecret.com", and include the title of the message thread, Where does Fox and People like Glenn Beck get there talking points?; and this full link URL to the post: www.abovetopsecret.com... (Unless otherwise noted, photography and other artwork linked within member posts are subject to the usage rights of the individual owners of the linked artwork.)
nc
Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes. This includes display on any website that contains advertising, accepts member donations, or any other form of monetary compensation. Display must be open to the general web browsing public with no access restrictions.
nd
No Derivative Works. You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.

* For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work.
* Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission from The Above Network, LLC.

Your fair use and other rights are in no way affected by the above.

This is a human-readable summary of the Legal Code (the full license).
Disclaimer disclaimer

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
thats easy -- two places, one here at ATS and the other CIA...
notice both have 3 letters... conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

I know where you are coming from, I am here to spread "My Agenda" as someone accused me of just yesterday.

Of course my agenda is to put my viewpoint out there for people to see.

But, for people to be using OUR ideas and words for their agenda, kind of pisses me off.

ST, you are pretty damn close to my viewpoint.

What I am getting at is that Glenn does not have the exact same stand as we do. He believes that America needs to be the police of the world. That is ONE HUGE difference between him and I.

Just saying.

Thanks for the comment.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
I have to say one thing about Glen I wish he was more serious he is a clown and we are truly hurting in this country. I also have some other issues but this thread is not about that.
[edit on 23-3-2010 by Subjective Truth]

You took the words out of what i was about to post.

I have to wonder if the clowny-ness is some sort of agenda.... like get these viewpoints out there but by a jester to make us all look like kooks?

I have to wonder

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

See, AE has the idea. We are a think tank that work for nothing!

AE, hmmmmm? Is that After Earth?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Why do you hold a patent on the truth? Free words and ideas are just that and what you are doing right now lowers you to there level. They want to keep speech and ideas under there thumb so do you.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Exactly everyone. Our ideas put out in someone like Glenn can actually make it a detriment to what we are actually trying to do.

I am a staunch non-interventionalist. Probably even more so than my fiscal conservatism.

Of course if we were not hampered with a 1-2 Trillion dollar defense budget, we could actually do some of what the left would like to do. And it would not even take any of our DAMN labor.

Defense budget, that is a damn oxymoron. When was the last time we needed a DAMN defense?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

ST, I would like a nod to my ideas. You can read it in other comments I have given on this thread.

As for patent, no, just as I reference quotes to their authors, I would like my and your ideas or quotes referenced also.

I do not feel that is much to ask, do you?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I think only ATS itself could sue for using content without compliance. The way I understand it, what you and I post on here becomes ATS property, so to speak.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

ST, I would like a nod to my ideas. You can read it in other comments I have given on this thread.

As for patent, no, just as I reference quotes to their authors, I would like my and your ideas or quotes referenced also.

I do not feel that is much to ask, do you?

If you invented the cure for cancer but the only way to get it to the people would be to remain unseen would you?

Think about this you are 100% wrong on this one. Good ideas should be shared who cares who gets the credit as long as the truth is heard. You are so very wrong on this.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Have you ever looked at the copyright and usage tab.

Anything we create here is copyrighted. I posted the one for the thread a few comments up.

The main part is giving credit for the content.

<<   2 >>

join