It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shell and China's CNPC sign 30-year gas discovery deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Shell and China's CNPC sign 30-year gas discovery deal

news.bbc.co.uk

The Anglo-Dutch energy giant will partner China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) in the project.

The deal follow's this week's joint bid with PetroChina, owned by CNPC, for Australia's Arrow Energy gas company.

Shell has been expanding its search for gas assets rapidly, and the deal secures the company a strong presence in resource-hungry China.

Under the agreement, which still needs clearance from the Beijing government, Shell and CNPC will initially search for gas in a 4,000 s
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Believe it or not this is kind of illegal, but that's debatable.
Illegal in the sense that Sanctions on Iran dictates not to do business with any entity that does buisiness with such things as petrochemicals with Iran, as China does.

But whatever man... moving on....

China is the world's second-largest oil and gas consumer after America, and has agreed a string of deals around the world to import resources.

That is interesting, however I wonder if Africa has anything to do with the SHELL and China partnership

Top companies like Shell has declared interest to reduce investment in Nigeria while China's energy companies have announced plans to spend at least $16 billion on oil and gas fields on the continent.
allafrica.com...

This is interesting, it seems like something is definately going on.

See this:
Nigeria: U.S.$50 Billion Investment - China Plans For The Nation's Oil, Electricity
allafrica.com...

China in huge Venezuela oil deal
news.bbc.co.uk...

China oil demand is 'astonishing'
news.bbc.co.uk...

China's crude oil imports up 59.6% in Feb
www.chinaknowledge.com...

I find this all quite fascinating!!!
There is an Oil race going on it seems way more than there ever was before.

Thoughts ATS?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Interesting news. So does this make SHELL as evil as exxonmobile? Sounds to me like china is trying to take over the world markets to me.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
S and F

Nice post. What the heck is te Dutch Royal Family doing partnering with China? It's like there is this whole other level of decision making that has nothing to do with the people of its nation at all. Huh sounds familiar.

This world will not change unless we find a different energy source. We are going to kill eachother.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
It was once told that china would rule the world. Maybe the bible ain't so far off afterall.

join