It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland [VIC, Aus] dog attack victim may lose arm

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by KOGDOG

It seems you have trained your dogs well and should be commended. It's just a shame that many people who own potentially dangerous dogs aren't as thorough or conscientious as you. I doubt anyone could accuse a responsible dog owner such as yourself as being part of the problem.

Beautiful dog btw!

IRM

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by KOGDOG

'Submit to me'

' My 110lb dobe '

Do you think you might be using your dogs as an extension of your ego ?

Hope you have the foresight to muzzle your 'dobes' when outside your yard ? Be the responsible thing to do, wouldn't it ?

I've met a lot like you, with their ' Oh, he'll lick you to death. He's never harmed a flea in his life. He's as docile as a kitten' etc.

Same people always act amazed when their trophy-dog takes a chunk out of someone, forcing their owners to hand over several years wages to the person bitten by their dog/s

Actually, hope you muzzle your 'dobes' AND restrain them on a very strong, short leash anytime you're outside your own property

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

"Muzzle" my Dobe....

Snow balls chance in hell that will ever happen.

I first purchased a Dobe when my wife who is a runner was accosted by a human male dog who exposed himself to her in a nearby park.

Needless to say that has never again happened since my wife began running with Dobes.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan
reply to post by Merriman Weir

pitbuls are small. i have yet to see a purebred exceed 100 pounds.

perhaps poeple in your area like them because they are cheap moderately trainable working/guard dogs that are good with the kids. low maintence and easily obtainable.

You honestly think that? That the real reason that a lot of people - at least the ones I'm talking about - have them for "working/guard" dogs? You're not really familiar with where I live, sorry. The only thing most of these people are guarding are knock-off gear and drugs.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
looks like a very nice dog. I've got a retriever not as full as life as he used to be (10 years old coming up to 11) but he is a big sloppy thing. Funny thing is my parents have a harness for his lead cause he pulls and people always come up to them and ask if he is vicious cause they think he has a muzzle on

only time he has ever been aggressive towards someone is once when my mum was walking him. Someone went to pet him and he was growling and baring his teeth. It goes to show even the nicest dog can be violent. We still have no idea why he did it but he must have thought there was something bad about this guy, hell we can walk him past anyone and he makes no fuss but it was just this one man. Luckily he has too much self control to do anything unless it is needed. That is the only time he has ever done that. (ok he does growl at most other dogs) He is usually by the dining room table begging food when we have dinner
and those big brown eyes we can't resist them

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Luke.S]

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Luke.S]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by KOGDOG

Originally posted by bkaust
CUT...
While i love dogs, people seem to give them too much credit - they are still an animal, Don't go near it while it's eating, walk it with a muzzle, TRAIN IT, keep it away from your (and any) small children, all the basic things that make sense! I've seen so many people go 'oh my dog would never bite someone' and then - bam, bitten. It happens.
CUT...

Yeah, I ain't buyin' that shiznizzle.

My Dobes are trained from pups to submit to me, the kids, or anyone that I indicate to my dogs are "friends". In fact... I have had infants crawl over to my dogs and remove a bone from their mouth without a hint of aggression.

Strangers often come over to my 110 lbs. male Dobe and pet him. Often said "strangers" are attempting to provoke an incident with my dog hoping for a "lawsuit". "They" never win.

The "problem" is with the "owner".... not the dog.

Thanks for sharing your story with you and agree mostly with what you have said. I would still caution you to be careful when letting him interact with strangers. It can happen and don't think your dog "could never do that".

Those people that purposely provoke in the hope that can land a lawsuit are scum! Reminds me of that scene from the movie Beethoven where the dog is framed for having attacked that guy who provoked him before.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Dad kills dog after girl's jaw ripped off

A BRAVE dad in South London stabbed his crazed pet dog to death after it savaged his two-year-old daughter ripping her jaw off.

The tiny tot was recovering overnight in an area hospital after the brutal attack at the family home, The Sun reported.

The devastated father watched in horror as the dangerous animal, believed to be a bull mastiff, mauled at his little girl's face.

He seized a knife and stabbed the dog to death.

Police and paramedics were called to the house in Eltham, South London, after the attack yesterday.

The girl, who hasn't been named yet, is on a ventilator and in a stable condition after suffering serious facial wounds.

Source

Another attack!

IRM :shk:

[edit on 24/3/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Dad kills dog after girl's jaw ripped off

A BRAVE dad in South London stabbed his crazed pet dog to death after it savaged his two-year-old daughter ripping her jaw off.

The tiny tot was recovering overnight in an area hospital after the brutal attack at the family home, The Sun reported.

The devastated father watched in horror as the dangerous animal, believed to be a bull mastiff, mauled at his little girl's face.

He seized a knife and stabbed the dog to death.

Police and paramedics were called to the house in Eltham, South London, after the attack yesterday.

The girl, who hasn't been named yet, is on a ventilator and in a stable condition after suffering serious facial wounds.

Source

Another attack!

IRM :shk:

[edit on 24/3/10 by InfaRedMan]

What kind of father has a dangerous breed dog as a pet when he has an infant daughter? Why on earth would he take the risk of leaving them close together where he is not in a position to intervene? Seems more like poor parenting to me.

[edit on 24/3/2010 by Dark Ghost]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join