It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

starwars defence shoots at ufo (vid)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
sorry if this has been posted before but i did some searching and couldnt find it on ATS. i was watching a show call "ufo:the nest evidence" and saw this video and thought it was very interesting. its clearly shows a ufo flying a steady pace over the earth then at 0:07 you see a flash of light and the ufo changes course and takes off quickly, then you see some type of laser fire straight up from earth....just though id share he video and get ATSers opinion

again sorry if this has been posted before

starwars defence shoots at ufo

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
One of the strangest space vids ever . Ive seen this before but its never been explained . Whatever it is , theres no way it could move like that in space . But there it is.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
my question is 'Where the heck did this video footage come from?'
The POV of the capture suggests a REALY distant satellite of some sort, but all OUR satellites are in orbit around the earth aren't they? wound't they capture a much closer look at this "space craft".
I conclude...... probably fake

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
thats what im sayin! i cant believe i saw this first on fox reality...that show i mentioned acutaly had some other really good videos ive never seen. im not sure where you could find it online but the title is "UFOs: The Best Evidence Ever Caught on Tape" if you wanted to check it out sometime

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
And what are those other objects? Like the one at the bottom left area? It looks completely stationary until the other object changes direction quickly, then the bottom-left object starts to move. Do we even know for sure this is a shot from space, and not like some microbes under a microscope or something? It's so grainy and undefined, there's no way to know what anything is in the footage.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
im not saying i believe it to be 100% real, im not video expert what so ever, but i just dont see that to be fake..heres another one i just found

HAARP shooting at ufo

its basically the same thing, you see a flash of light and the object takes off, but it seems to be a different occurrence

[edit on 23-3-2010 by dowhatyoufear3]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
This video was supposedly captured from the shuttle. I forget if it was Endeavor or Discovery. NASA's explanation was its all debris and ice particles being moved around by positioning thrusters on board the shuttle!

The thrusters themselves supposedly caused the flash thats seen!

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Prof. Skrewloose]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
that is awesome... couldn't explain it myself.
i doubt its real but who am i too say!
S&F...

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
What caused that little bubble over the earth to change directions and fly into space? That's just an optical illusion?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dowhatyoufear3

That is the (in)famous footage from the STS-48 Space Shuttle mission.

It definitely has nothing to do with the Star Wars program.

There is so much material out there on this footage ... Hours of entertainment for you

Here is a version of the original:
www.youtube.com...

Definitely not fake but the debate still rages as to what the object making the abrupt change in direction actually is.

A extra terrestrial space craft or a piece of space debris/ice particle being effected by thrusters from the space shuttle.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
This is from STS-48 and has been discussed many times.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And many more.
Here's a Larry King discussion of it from way back.
www.ufoseek.org...

[edit on 3/23/2010 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

could you sum up the outcome for us? like what was established?
just to save everyone a little heart ache.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

Established? That's a good one. That's why I linked some "options".

But it's ice particles close to the shuttle being affected by the RCS thrusters.

[edit on 3/23/2010 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
This lil video speaks for it self . Its not ice . Its not striking more ice and ricocheting. Its changing directions insanely fast.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

Its not ice . Its not striking more ice and ricocheting
It doesn't need to strike other ice...the shuttle thrusters, as Phage said, could potentially explain the flash of light and the objects sudden change in direction...but I'm still unsure about this footage...I haven't looked at it in detail yet...

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
From memory, there was a discussion going as to why the camera wasn't affected when the thruster fired - have they established why?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I met a man at a social event who claimed to have first hand knowledge of this exact event. I was told that these installations were constructed under SAC 'Strategic Air Command' in the 70's-80's and were designed to intercept Soviet and Non-Terrestrial objects from the base airspace. Mind you the airspace extends into space and does not conclude after a certain altitude. Supposedly these are electo-magnetic weapons developed by Raytheon if I remember right. I am not sure if the projectile dissipates after a certain velocity, time or distance. I was under the impression after our discussion that the 'bases' are now under ACC or AFSPC. The only place I think these might be tested is of course *sigh* Area 51. Here is a pic of dreamland I took but no evidence of anything of source as I was outside 'the box' which is the base restricted zone. [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aa6760cbd2d9.jpg[/atsimg]

This new tower may or may not be related to ground to space based weapons testing. I assume this is a type of laser based com tower.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/51ee7d326a08.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Blood Eagle]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Blood Eagle

wow, you said you took those pics your self? were you flying over area 51? i would think a weapon like this, that is if they wanted to keep it undercover, would be kept under better cover. those are really neat pics. when was this "social event"?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
This is from STS-48 and has been discussed many times.

And many more.
Here's a Larry King discussion of it from way back.
www.ufoseek.org...

As noted above there are several existing threads on the topic.

Please add further comments to an ongoing discussion.

Thank you

-thread closed-

new topics

top topics

join