It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tofino aims to ban the likes of Starbucks, Tim Hortons, McDonalds

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Good for them. I applaud their efforts and hope they are successful.

Tofino is now on my list of places to visit just because of this. It's tough to not respect revolutionary ideas such as this. They will be gaining another tourist because of it.

Good job, Tofino. But for the love of God... FOLLOW THROUGH! Talk is cheap. Lets see results.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

For homegrown garlic, you need to get down to that swath of Mennonite country that stretches from Kitchener/Waterloo all the way NW to Lake Huron.

Funny thing masqua is that i know about all that ( i go frequently around the area), but never found time to check out one of these places. A few years back i've bought meat from one of these farmers and it was great.

Down in Midland by the lake, i found another local farmers market, and now i buy my organic meat from one of the farmers that way. It is hard for them,because their price is not "in line" with the imported beef, but they have some loyal customers (myself among them).

I think it all boils down to price and quality.Specially price nowadays with so many people barely afloat financially. That's where the big box comes in with their cut throat prices.And in all fairness, if i am poor, as much as i want to help the local community, i need to get food at the cheapest price possible.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join