It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The overthrow of the US: Is it possible?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I'm sure by now all of you know that the health care bill has been passed, requiring ALL LEGAL Americans to buy health care, or pay hefty fines. Ironically, it was passed on the same day that the "stamp act" was passed in 1775.

There seems to be predominantly outrage over this. I'm curious, do you guys think this could be the beginning of the end for the USA? I doubt the gov't would last long when people are refusing to pay and being charged fines. I like to take a neutral stance, but how long until other people strike back through terrorist attacks or riots?

Is an overthrow of the gov't possible with all the modern weaponry they have?

I heard through channels that Obama was a subconscious lightworker. How is this possible? Does he truly believe this absurd health care is the right thing?

I'm asking this from the perspective of someone who has researching history as an interest & hobby...

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
To answer your basic question, yes. The people are more than able to overthrow the gov't by force or other means at any time they wish to do so.

And there is the catch, getting the people to agree to do so.

By the numbers, there are about 100 million privately owned guns. If 10% of those gun owners wishing to out gun the military have a 10 million to 1.5 million numbers advantage.

By other means, there are roughly 230 million voting aged people in the US. The State governments can be stormed by again just 10%...Roughly 500,000 in every state (more or less) demanding the immediate recall of federal representatives.

By gov't means, the Members of the House that voted no *could* call for the removal from office all 219 that voted yes on the grounds of violating their oath of office.

Lots of ways for it to be done.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

What do you mean the gov't could be stormed by voting age people? if you mean we could vote them out of office, i can't see that happening. Who would we vote in their place? It would probably be another corrupt politician promising change just to get elected and then not doing diddly squat.

I think those who voted no should call for the removal from office. it won't be pretty, but this is violating the basic principals of the constitution, going right back to what we were trying to avoid from the british. The People are not truly being represented. A clear majority now is against health care reform, but the Dems pass it anyway.

But regardless, so many politicians are corrupted and broken beyond fixing. I just have this feeling, maybe the USA will implode from the inside with a Democrat VS Republican very public fight. Democrats would defend the bill and Republicans would say it violates the constitution.

This is about to get ugly... fast...

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Inform your State gov't (governor, legislation) that they are to immediately recall the Federal Representatives or that they themselves will be recalled from their office.

The principal is that it is easy to tell someone "no" over the phone. Much harder face to face, especially when they have the numbers to physically drag you kicking and screaming to the street for a less gentle removal from office.

The federal gov't cannot decline a recall from the state. Doing so is tantamount to refusing a lawful order.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
There are several ways to do this:
1) And it would take 6 years to get the government to listen, but it would be effective. Every 2 years there are elections, so to get real change, you would have to get everyone that you know to vote out the encumbents from office, no matter how good of an elected official and not vote them back in. Doing this for 6 years straight would send a clear cut message to not get too comy in your seat, cause next election you will not be there.
2) If it is am immoral law, and I am more in favor of this one, committ an act of civil disobedience. If everyone who disagreed with a law walked up to the enforcing agency and stated, No we are not going to do it, and we demand that you enforce the full effect of the law, it would cause a stoppage in that part of the country if not the state and they would have to rethink about what they were doing.
Take the current health care bill that just got passed, what do you think the result would be if millions of people showed up at the IRS and stated that We are not going to have insurance, we will not pay the fines and you will enforce the law, and demand that they do such, by peacefully sitting and making them react, then you would see real change happen as the legal and court systems could not handle that mass of a civil disobedience happen.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
HAHAHAHAHA....... Americans are too lazy to overthrow the govt. and that would mean no more free hand outs. but that's just my 2 cents

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
yes it is possible !!!
2nd line

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by crash override
HAHAHAHAHA....... Americans are too lazy to overthrow the govt. and that would mean no more free hand outs. but that's just my 2 cents

If I could Star you over and Over again I would, You speak the truth Most Americans get mad at the government but it ends with words, because the know deep down inside there Gummint monies would run out, then they'd actually have to *GASP* Find a Job.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

the govt. is a big boys club and they make sure they get elected because they have the money to get the people in the want. so ....years of elections wouldnt help...hell look at what years of elections have done for us so far. but i do admire your optimism and hope!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by crash override

if thats your two cents your a poor human being

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

your serious? what gives you the right to say? and obviously the largest most successful country ever is your scapegoat makes sense

what sad little land are you from?

most americans have jobs work hard and do their best but you small stick throwers always need to hate on some one or thing.
maybe you have a size complex sorry our country is so big and successful and yours is small and weak?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

ohio...... i am just being realistic. look around you and watch people....they are oblivious to whats going on around them. they are just worried about getting their nails done and getting little Jonny to soccer and drinking beer with their buddies. and then there is the ones that are aware but dont want to see it and act like its not there. your telling me that all of those welfare people are going to bite the hand that feeds them ....come on.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
oh and by the way i served in the United Sates Air Force for 4 years and love this country but it does need a makeover.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

yeah getting their nails done and taking their kids to practice sounds like a good peaceful honest life you know wat americans strive for and others come to our country to experience you would rather they riot in the streets to what end??

your vision is clouded by anger towards social society its good to get out and have a soacial day now and then it helps to appreciate all we have here in america we do not live in fear or reppression and what is labeled as such by some is mere hysteria or worse yet genuine paranoia..

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
To answer your basic question, yes. The people are more than able to overthrow the gov't by force or other means at any time they wish to do so.

Have you seen America lately? Maybe start with overthrowing McDonalds and conquering a gym for a few months.

I'm not even being sarcastic, look at the footage of any of the tea party protests. Can you imagine thousands of obese retirees storming congress in their sun hats? Then there's the tiny number of red-neck militia men with AK47s which would be culled in a matter of hours.

Yes, the revolt is imminent.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

so the people need a once over how does that make any sense i appreciate your service very much it is an honor that so many serve to protect this country but there is to much hysteria at ATS and in the sub social society why the need for upheavel it will only bring chaos.

you should no this better then anyone.. with our training oops now you know me to wish for an upheavel will not lead to any benifit

Be Well

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
To answer your question, yes, American not only CAN be overthrown IT HAS BEEN overthrown. That's why the Constitution is ignored as well as the people. When it happened is a matter of debate - some will say it was when the Federal Reserve was created, some the civil war, some will say when FDR declared the country bankrupt. I suppose it doesn;t really matter when or how, the real question is can the American people regain control?
While that may have been the intent of your question they way it was worded left it's actual meaning somewhat loose. If you meant CAN THE PEOPLE OVERTHROW the current government then yes, we can do that however truly unlikely that may be. We have the guns and the numbers but no will to do so, yet. If things get bad enough that may change though.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I hate the state of the union myself but Im not sure a violent takeover would be good. Any government seems better then anarchy. Anyways the US government in its current form would survive in some way or part of the country. Maybe a state would manange to secede peacefully or with war but who knows. With an increasing welfare state , we will continue to weaken economically. With less money , the US may be less able to control individual states. Many people will simply leave the country or go into tax exiles. Many really cant fathom the almighty US in a severly weakend state but inflation will catch up with us..For those who dont understand basic economics, consider this. Why wouldnt the US just give a million dollars to everyone in the country? Our troubles are over right? No ,because that money would be virtually worthless with mega hyper inflation. Everything would cost more; much more. I believe we are have been experiencing hyperinflation since world war II anyway but nothing like we will see. In fact it is the reason everyone working man doesnt own a house and new car. Its just too expensive. Wellspending more is what we will increasingly continue to do as a 200 year old democracy. As we do everything loses its value. One battle that will be fought against this spending will be with the IRS and other taxing agencies. Many working people will decide to simply not pay taxes and many will get away with it. For the most part the IRS will not jail you for not paying taxes or failing to file. They will simply continue to tack on interest and penalties on top of thier fines. Also the IRS will take anything that isnt nailed down that you might own. But many crafty people will still be able to hide cash and properties and will find the hassle worthwhile.. In fact it may be the only way some will survive as overwhelming taxes cripple us. Some people will continue to crack and take violent action against the IRS. but what good does that really do. They will never stop no matter how many planes are crashed or suicide shootouts happen. Either way in the end the us will be weaker and we will likely splinter. Wasnt greece a 200 year old democracy before its collapse? Before everyone decided to rob the till and simply give to themselves? Well give us another century and we will most likely be a shell of out former selves.Which might not be a bad thing anyway. We have reached a level of technology where even the poor are comfortable anyway.
Another option besides violent overthrow is voting referendums on a national level which can be acheived through the internet. Any tax increase can be voted on by the people and special interest is less likely to influence outcomes. In fact in the end we can vote on ecological matters that may very save the world. In the gand scheme of things our earth may be the most important matter anyway. Our implementing as national referendum would likely spread throughout the world and help bring us all together. Then we could all make decisions without undue influence on matters of money and nature. Of course I will keep my gun just in case

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I don't believe a physical takeover is actually possible. Yeah, we out number them, both in people and guns. However, we don't have nukes.....and yes I think in the end they would use them on us. The only way is the vote, and changing the laws.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

If you were look up the definition to "Overthrow" you would find among the term, "by use of force", and in that regard Yes, it is possible, but it is not probable.

The conventional use of force or a massing of like minded citizen troops called a Force to go and do some action or to engage in direct combat is something that could work as it did in historical past, but with modern technology on the side of the devil, not until the insiders in the enemies camp begins to work against the enemy from within, it would be most unlikely that any citizen force is going to force the modern day military to do anything, except to give them target practice at killing American resisters with great impunity.

While some say yes, I say no. Not no in the typical no way type of response, just no because to "Overthrow" requires an army and to have an army you have to have some hierarchy or organization of many and many like minded citizen volunteers and in any attempt to organize, it is immediately subject to infiltration and if ever organized, it would be defeated from within.

This is why the answer to overthrowing the federal government is from within and therein lies the beast's weak spot because once the insiders begin to work on the whole, there comes a point where combined with outside forces that there comes a point whereby success is possible.

Once a point of no return has been reached, you either win or you die trying. Success or death. While there are those that favor the saying, "Luck favors the bold" I tend to ignore such sayings, because in today's modern warfare capabilities of the federal government, only by insiders and outsiders working together could an overthrow ever become possible.

Thanks for the posting.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join