It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Healthcare, Uniform for all Government Employees?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Healthcare, Do as I say and not as I do.

A few questions I would like answered, since I am for equality, savings, rights of all citizens and democracy.

Will the Government that passed this bill surrender their current Healthcare Plan, paid by you and I, for this new wonderful package they believe in?

They talk about how much they will save in the next ten years, Does this included making this new HC reform uniform throughout the entire government?

Example, all politicians, Judges, police, firemen, postal workers, teachers, social workers, anyone who gets a paycheck from Uncle Sam, or are some above this HC plan?

How much would the country save if every government worker including all politicians received this HCR as their policy?

Here is the coverage Federal Employees get.

Will they now get the new HCR package?

www.opm.gov...

www.opm.gov...

[edit on 22-3-2010 by Realtruth]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
They tried to give the public an option of letting them have the same health care as Congress but No, the republicans wouldn't have any of that. They stalled the bill and tried to kill even after it passed last night and they will try to damage it now. The health care bill is not a package of healthcare that you can switch to. It is rules that will govern the existing health care companies.

The new health care reform will apply to whatever plan the Congress has because the reform applies to all health care.

Does that answer your questions?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Hmm, well I agree it is a slimey double-standard kind of thing, but isn't the health care plan that the government gets basically a Employer-Sponsored health care plan? It may be good, but that doesn't make it any better or worse than the health care plan I pay for from my employer, does it? Do government workers have to pay premiums for their coverage?

I'll admit, I don't know a lot about it. Just asking some questions on the matter.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Here s what concerns me. I always follow the money trail and in this instance no large insurance companies opposed this bill, no doctors groups did, the major lobbyists didn't say a thing. And so many US Citizens were against it.

When the majority of the politicians, large corporations and politicians are for something I am thinking something stinks.

top topics

join