It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, live webcam from Antarctica, NEW UPDATE

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Ok check the davis cam also

the same bright light in the sky???

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 05:42 AM
link   
WoooHooo we got another mystery dot!!!

I'll keep an eye on it, and grab a movie later today when I get the chance.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I am gonna email davis, If they move the cam then we know for definite that something is going on

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
How come it's always dark in the pictures??

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Is this thing still there? It's probably nothing guys, you're getting all worked up. Maybe its a spot on the camera

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   
kaoscreator have you read the entire thread from the beginning??? If we thought the same thing then we wouldn't have such a serious discussion about it, seriously though the same spot is on the mawson cam too and the spot moves and this spot is extremely bright in comparison to the dark, please take a moment to update yourself , you never know it may interest you

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Well well.... First I thought it might be a star. But then other recent image showed that it hasn't moved.
www.aad.gov.au...

An image from yesterday seems to clear up the mystery, as it appears to be a light at another station or outpost on the other side of the bay..
www.aad.gov.au...

The next image shows that it's bright enough to be a seen across the bay at night, and of course, still in the same place.
www.aad.gov.au...

So.. mystery solved... or is it?
The next to photos show the cam has been moved.. look at the new building position. But the Spot hasn't moved at all!!!!

www.aad.gov.au...
www.aad.gov.au...

The mystery deepens once more!!

---
denying ignorance... one pixel at a time!

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
BREAKING : (spotted my sanctum)

MAWSON WEBCAM REALIGNED !!
This just in. The Mawson webcam as been moved, but, to the disappointment of webcam astronomers around the globe, it's still not pointing at the sky...
. Are they listening to us? to they care? do they just want us to bu**er off so they can get on with measuring penguins?.... *cue ominious mysterious music* ...

only time an the persistence will tell. 100 km/h winds though.. check the camera shake!

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The Mawson cam' was looking at the sky earlier...

[edit on 17-6-2004 by sanctum]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Heres the images sanctum was referring to.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   

if that's the dot i circled in red you were referring to, then i'm betting on that one being a spot on the camera. you can see it faintly in the second picture.

Originally posted by AgentSmith
How come it's always dark in the pictures??

because teh southern hemisphere is entering the winter season, which means anything within the antartic circle isn't going to see much sunlight for a while.

[edit on 6/16/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Oh.. another camera spot..

oh well. deny ignorance I suppose..

cmdrkeenkid, did you have a look at those movies I put up from mawson. I don't know if they match anything in your anstronomy software..

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by muppet
cmdrkeenkid, did you have a look at those movies I put up from mawson. I don't know if they match anything in your anstronomy software..

sadly i'm on that ancient technology known as dial-up, and i could never be online for long enough all at once to download them.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
So still no reply to any of the emails? Whatever the reason it seems that we got the attention of HQ and hopefully did not get the cam guy in trouble. Seems it would have been easier if they had just said "Yeah, it's just a satellite, nothing to see, move along."

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Good eye cmdrkeenkid
I have a question. Do you think the dot from the 6/16 davis cam jpegs that is in a different spot, is another spot on the camera lense? BTW, you are still on dial-up?

[edit on 6-17-2004 by nyarlathotep]

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duke_Nukem
So still no reply to any of the emails? Whatever the reason it seems that we got the attention of HQ and hopefully did not get the cam guy in trouble. Seems it would have been easier if they had just said "Yeah, it's just a satellite, nothing to see, move along."

actually, in the email i got (which is posted deeper in the thread) the guy said it was just the moon. using my starry night software and what he said about it rising and setting that may have been it... but the light didn't seem bright enough, much less large enough, to be the moon.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
actually, in the email i got (which is posted deeper in the thread) the guy said it was just the moon. using my starry night software and what he said about it rising and setting that may have been it... but the light didn't seem bright enough, much less large enough, to be the moon.

That just did not look like the moon at all, I still lean toward the satellite as a possible explanation, but the moon....not.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

Originally posted by muppet

sadly i'm on that ancient technology known as dial-up, and i could never be online for long enough all at once to download them.

If it's any help - I'm on dial-up too and when I want to download anything large that I might time out on, I use integrated download software like 'Star Downloader' or 'Download Accelerator Plus'. These allow for download recovery - you can pause the download, come off line and reinstate it hours/weeks/months later! (if it's still there of course!)

Hopefully that might help!

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
the only flaw in the spot on the camera theory is 1. The same spot is on another webcam...and 2. The spot appears to move across the sky, that wouldn't happen if it were just a spot on the camera it would be stationary, unless someone was slowly moving the camera. The other question is why would they say it's the moon when it clearly ISN'T, Either they can't be bothered , or they are trying to deflect attention.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 09:01 AM
link   
ok, i just checked Mawson (7.26pm) and the cams' still pointed at the Base.
Good eye, cmdrkeenkid the dot is still there. What i want to know is what is
the dot... the less bright one closer to centre of pic. see Kano' post above.
And how come Mawson wont point the cam' toward the sky lately?
Sanc'.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join