It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok, live webcam from Antarctica, NEW UPDATE

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duke_Nukem
Has anyone contacted the guy at Mawson with reference to the pictures so he could take a look at them?

Yes
, I sent them an email about 3 days ago with all the attached pictures, and i also sent them the animated gif file SkepticOverlord Kindly did for us , just waiting to hear back, I haven't heard anything as yet, but they are probably busy with the storm and all. Good to see people are still taking an interest in this, muppet , i downloaded the large movie but my quicktime player says Components missing to play this file and the updates unavailable on this server??/ dont know what that means ah well , thanks for posting all the jpg links though muppet

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Yeah Duke_Nukem's flagged the problem as well.. It's a pain since I'm using a mac and can create every type of quicktime know to man, but I'm stumped when it comes to WMV files.

I'm adressing the issue now.. I'll have a new version out in a few minutes..

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Ok... I've maded this one with what should be a far more common codec.. still quicktime though.. sorry, sometimes I wish I hadn't thrown the PC out!

just to check.. everyone's on quicktime 6.5 oui?

here's a shortish movie, pic every 20 minutes, showing the object.. 10 meg

[no longer up]

if this works, there's another one being uploaded right now..due in 6 minutes according to my ftp client..
(link to come)
EDIT : these DO work properly so I'm told. Thanks Nukem!.. Wheew!!

[edit on 9-6-2004 by muppet]

[edit on 16-6-2004 by muppet]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Wow fantastic muppet, You get my Applause for the hassle you put yourself through :-) , gonna d/l again thanks

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I'm thinking maybe a satilite, there's 2, they both seem to follow the same arc, the higher one goes through what looks like an iridium flare.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
cheers MindSmog..

No trouble really.. I was playing around with Applescript and realised it's pretty easy to grab pictures of webcams like that.. I'm just running scripts and pushing buttons at this end (for the most part!). It's part of a web based imaging tool I'm making, which will let people process images in various ways you can't do in photoshop.. watch this space!!

btw

There is a second PC compatible quicktime, 35 megs up now as well at.

mawsonPC_twonights.mov

it shows two nights of footage and a full day, so might help find the camera direction etc..

enjoy!!

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duke_Nukem
I'm thinking maybe a satilite, there's 2, they both seem to follow the same arc, the higher one goes through what looks like an iridium flare.

What's an iridium flare?

I thought satellite as well.. although it looks quite big, or bright.. I thought it might be the ISS?

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Hmm..I've just read a bit about Iridium Flares

wouldn't the flare be shorter lived? it the object seems to have a fairly consistent brightness... not that I'd know!

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by muppet
wouldn't the flare be shorter lived? it the object seems to have a fairly consistent brightness... not that I'd know!

I'm talking about the first one that shows up at the beginning of the clip after the sun goes down, it's very low in intensity then gets bright and then dies down and leaves the screen before the lower one comes on screen. I used Iridium as an example of a satellite flare, I don't know if it is an Iridium satellite.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Ahh. yes I see.

If you look on the two night clip there's a few more of them as well.. it looks like the're going round every 24 hours (ish).. but then again wouldn't that mean they're geostationary? which would mean they're too far away to be so bright?

curiouser and curiouser...

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Textaslwww.cr.usgs.gov...

Seismic activity way up generally across the board

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeshayahu2004
Textaslwww.cr.usgs.gov...
Seismic activity way up generally across the board

Those chart's only show a day's activity.. do you know of any that show a longer time range to compare? Earthquakes happen every day..
EDIT : having said that...it IS a pretty big spike, to my untrained eyes..

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
earthquakes are definatly a common occurence around the globe,
but you have to wonder how healthy a 6+ shake is to the planet??

want more info....

neic.usgs.gov...

[edit on 9-6-2004 by quadricle]

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Ok things are not going as planned, I have sent 3 emails now with attached images and no response, this is unusual because they replied pretty quickly to my last emails and cmdrkeenkid got a response too, they also haven't moved the webcam back to the sky even though they said they would, quote " even if HQ wants it we will move the webcam back to investigate" That hasn't happened and the storm is over now ..i am puzzled by this, because they seemed helpful , but now nothing, not even a reply! has anyone else tried emailing them??

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   
hi Mindsmog

I've just fired off an email myself... You're right... it's about a week since it moved so hopefully they're finished looking at the dome now (pretty though it is!).

Finger's crossed.

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I had also sent them an email a few days back, but no response.

maybe their just too busy? could not be bothered?

strange none the less....

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Any word from Mawson, Gents?

I'm tired of staring at Antarctic Disney.

--J1M

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Still looking down at the stupid dome. What gives? First they seem responsive and now nothing but dome to look at. I wonder what we may have stumbled upon here. It certainly smacks of more than just a errant light in the sky.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Well I have to say, when we first approached them they were very helpful, and then HO got in touch with them, and they have Zipped tight, or so it seems anyway, maybe I am seeing too much into this, but its kind of strange how one minute, they say " yeah we will move the cam for you" then no contact whatsoever!! strange, and we still don't know what it was/is in the sky!

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Frustrating isn't it.

I emailed them a few days ago, and even offered to donate 20 quid to a favorite charity if the reset the cam, but still no luck!

Not sure where to go from here, other than to try to find another webcam in a similar location (or along the same path as the mystery object.. if we can figure that out)

I'd wonder if we HAVE stumbled into something.. not to do with the object in the sky but to do with some other activity at the station or in the bay behind it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join