It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robots To Give Hubble Another Chance.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The proposals would allow Hubble to have a controled landing so that it could be reused in the future.

Nasa's chief, Sean O'Keefe, has taken a step toward a robotic repair mission to save the Hubble Space Telescope.
In January, he said there would be no more space shuttle visits to service Hubble because it was too dangerous.

He has now said the US space agency would ask for proposals regarding the feasibility of a robotic servicing mission. It could take place in 2007.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
i think they should just allow people to go and service it... sending robots just gives one more thing to break. and what happens if the robots actually do break? i doubt there would be another robot repair mission, and that would definitely be the end of hubble (and no doubt hundreds of millions of dollars wasted on the robots).

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
the robot should be used to push the orbit into one that a shuttle can get to and still fall back on getting to the ISS if something goes wrong. Then People not a robot can fix Hubble.

Michael

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I'm just glad there's some attempt to do SOMETHING with Hubble rather than junking it. I don't know why, but I have this feeling that we may need Hubble.

new topics

top topics

join