It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The group after 9-11?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joey Canoli
The problem with these kinds of "predictions" or "advance knowledge" is that they're a lot like Nostradamus' predictions. Or those of any carnival fortune tellers'.

Really?

Someone in the spring of 2001 claiming "sources" have warned him of a false-flag attack on American soil before the end of the summer of that year?

It's not a "prediction," it appears to be a reliable source.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Also, the cryptic figure "Dove of Oneness" was posting on a Yahoo group during the summer of 2001.

WOW - I had NEVER heard of this before.

Are you aware of anyone at anytime attemtping to track this individual to at least a general location?

I know back in 2001 there was a software widgit named TracEr I think, designed to track YAHOO users by IP address.

I am just amazed by this, and even more so by the fact I had never heard anythng about this.

There may be a few things I need to rethink.........

Dorian

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dorian Soran
Are you aware of anyone at anytime attemtping to track this individual to at least a general location?

Several people (independently) concluded a location in Washinton, DC. Based on the IP of actual emails received (which can be spoofed), typical time-of-day of their posts, and several references to obscure locations in the capital. A few tracked down the identity to someone named "Shaini Goodwin," who was a conspiracy theorist and NESARA proponent.

However, many think that several people have played the role of "dove" over the years, and that the persona was no longer reliable after early 2003... and likely not "played" by Goodwin any more. While others have speculated that the dove postings were designed to create a cult-like atmosphere as a money-making scheme for Goodwin.

The late August posting from "Dove of Oneness" went something like this:

The expected prosperity packages will be delayed as we feared as the forces against us will erase their mistakes very soon. We fear for their violent effort to disrupt the financial machine very soon and stop NESARA.

Or something, very close.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

In April of 2001, Stew Webb claimed to have sources with advance knowledge of an impending false flag attack on American soil, by the end of summer. He further claimed that it was planned by our government and that the goal was to foster a police-state in the US, and expand the "war culture" into countries that harbor terrorism.

The problem with these kinds of "predictions" or "advance knowledge" is that they're a lot like Nostradamus' predictions. Or those of any carnival fortune tellers'.

Be vague enough, and there will be some way to connect a whole bunch of imaginary dots to make the conspiracy minded actually believe that this person had some foreknowledge.

Of course, what's always lost in the chatter is the multitude of such "predictions" that never amount to a hill of beans.

It's like a friend of a friend that went to Hollywood to make "B" movies. The goal was to make a campy flick - like the rocky horror picture show - that gained a cult following, and strike it rich. The failures are numerous, but all it takes is one, and the person that makes such movies strikes it rich with royalties. Or in the case of all the various conspiracy theories, strike it rich on the lecture circuit, giving out the lunacy that others seek.......

Canoli,

You stole my thunder, even down to the Nostradamus comment!

The only improvement I can add is this "Stew Webb" character might have worked for the National Enquirer New Year's predictions edition where you always get someone predicting a big earthquake somewhere, a horrific plane crash somewhere, some sort of disaster here or there and general specific-but-not-really predictions of calamity and sorrow.

Having conspiracy nuts "predict" the US will do something on its own soil to further some crazy conspiracy theory is no surprise to me. Bush Derangement Syndrome began early in the last decade and I am convinced that is what was at work.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Really?

Someone in the spring of 2001 claiming "sources" have warned him of a false-flag attack on American soil before the end of the summer of that year?

It's not a "prediction," it appears to be a reliable source.

Yes. Really.

Anyone with any common sense would say that DC and/or NYC could be the spot of a terrorist attack. If there are other areas hit also, well that will then be brushed aside, something of little consequence to the charlatan that made the prediction.

What about all the predictions that haven't come true?

Martial law.
Fema camps.
Etc.

It's an easy formula, and your next post about "the money machine" outlines WHY it's put out there in the first place: throw the recycled through a male bovine stuff against a wall and see what sticks.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

What about all the predictions that haven't come true?

Martial law.
Fema camps.
Etc.

I'd be curious to see what this "Stew Webb" person got *wrong*. I'd be willing to bet it was by a significantly large order of magnitude more than the thing/s he got right.

Twice a day a dead clock will show the right time.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by trebor451
I'd be willing to bet it was by a significantly large order of magnitude more than the thing/s he got right.

He's not one given to clairvoyant predictions... but a long-term, hardcore, old-school conspiracy theorist: www.stewwebb.com...

Edit to add...

In his bio: www.stewwebb.com... he has been involved in exposing government corruption since the early 1990's and was an FBI whistle-blower and informant.

[edit on 3-23-2010 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by trebor451

Wasn't hard to find a "Wiki" article mentioning "Stew Webb". He was affiliated with the guy from the Wiki article below.

It needs citations --- any takers?

Sherman Skolnick (July 13, 1930 – May 21, 2006) was a Chicago-based activist and "conspiracy theorist".

At the age of six, Skolnick was paralyzed by polio, and he used a wheelchair for the rest of his life.

Skolnick was founder and chairman of the Citizens Committee to Clean Up the Courts, which he started in 1963.

Skip to:

Skolnick's final written works include an 81-part series entitled "The Overthrow of the American Republic," and a 16-part series entitled "Coca-Cola, the CIA, and the Courts." On radio podcast with Lenny Bloom, much commentary was devoted to CIA drug dealing, the "9-11 Truth Movement," and also a belief that the Jesuit Order, through co-optation of the Vatican, controls world events. His material is generally un-copyrighted. Other major collaborators with Skolnick and Bloom include Webster Tarpley, Stew Webb, Tom Heneghan, Eric Jon Phelps, and Ralph Schoenman.

en.wikipedia.org...

And this:

He was, in his own words (usually attributed by Skolnick towards his radio guests), "a treasury of wisdom and knowledge." However, a critism would be that he often made extraordinary claims without citing a source or reference.

[edit on 23 March 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I also found this:

Yep. Tom Heneghan and Stew Webb are both FBI. Tom is like a female Sibel Edmonds if you want to use an analogy.

www.rumormillnews.com...

Not sure how credible this is.

AND, I see that "Stew Web" has at least once hitched his wagon to "Tom Flocco"....Mr. "Flocco" is one of the more 'out there' crackpots, IMO. He is constantly promoting (or at least was at one time, since anything put onto the Web never goes away) the "A-3" old Navy fighter theory at the Pentagon. Total garbage, competely unsubstantiated and just plain wrong (or "plane" wrong...)

Here is one example of those two collaborating:

www.tomflocco.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

I couldn't have written it better myself!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join