It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The group after 9-11?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Does anyone remember the group of people who came on television and claimed 9-11 was an inside job shortly after it took place. I can not remember the day or who they claimed to be, but I remember a short coverage on them right after 9-11 took place, and I haven't heard anything about them since. It was like they knew from the get go what was really going on. Thanks

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gumerk

Does anyone remember the group of people who came on television and claimed 9-11 was an inside job shortly after it took place.

There were a lot of people saying it on Usenet. Here's some early ones, on Sept 11, 2001:

jeezeus ! mark Sep 11 2001, 1:08 pm
Newsgroups: alt.music.mr-bungle
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 17:11:45 GMT
Local: Tues, Sep 11 2001 1:11 pm
Subject: Re: Turn on your tv's

"those buiding looked imploded to me.......i can see the top
collapsing, but not down to the ground.......there were bombs
inside the buiding.......definately ! this is an inside job, what are
the chances of 4 people getting on 4 planes this moring with
guns or whatever in order to fly them into the buildings, this is
bigger than just some radical towel head group, this is another
Oklahoma City........who stands to gain from this.....? "

/yjmwewj

and:

Maleki Sep 11 2001, 2:01 pm
Newsgroups: soc.culture.iranian
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 13:00:05 -0500
Local: Tues, Sep 11 2001 2:00 pm
Subject: Re: U.S.A Under attack

It's too organized. I don't think anti-American foreigners (Palestinians,
Indonesians, Iraqis, Sudanese, ... ) could arrange such an effective and
organized plan inside USA. This looks like an inside job. Involving
people well-trained (probably military staff) and well equiped and
organized.

I have never doubted this solid fact that the greatest danger to the
Americans come without a doubt from the Americans themselves.
All these gigantic designs of watching and spying that develops and
exist in USA, are for the prime reason of watching Americans, not the
anti-Americans. Only Americans have the means _and_reasons to really
bring some degree of damage the Americans. It is just another form of
shooting tens of people in "McDonalds" and then committing suicide, but
with one level higher in the organization and the skill involved.

/y9ekzfu

and:

alien Sep 11 2001, 5:15 pm
Newsgroups: alt.revisionism
Date: 11 Sep 2001 22:14:53 +0100
Local: Tues, Sep 11 2001 5:14 pm
Subject: Buildings brought down...

"... by shape charges wrapped around steel. This is an inside job bought
to you by your friendly CIA/MOSSAD/FBI connection."

/ycp9zll

Sound familiar?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jthomas

I starred your post, JT, for having access to those messages from long ago. Your post proves that people weren't getting their information from "damned fool conspiracy websites" like "GoodOlDave" likes to constantly claim on almost a daily basis.

Many people were smart enough, educated enough, and recognized that those buildings could not have fallen without explosives, and that 9/11 could not possibly have been created or carried out by any other means than with military precision from the Joint Chiefs of the United States military.

You know, kinda like when the Joint Chiefs concocted just such a similar plan back in the 1960's called "Operation Northwoods"?

[edit on 21-3-2010 by _BoneZ_]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
reply to post by jthomas

I starred your post, JT, for having access to those messages from long ago. Your post proves that people weren't getting their information from "damned fool conspiracy websites" like "GoodOlDave" likes to constantly claim on almost a daily basis.

No, it shows that lots of people can quickly conjure up conspiracy theories only a few hours after the events started, not even knowing if it was over, or what would happen next and without having one bit of evidence at hand with which to draw any conclusions.

Many people were smart enough, educated enough, and recognized that those buildings could not have fallen without explosives, and that 9/11 could not possibly have been created or carried out by any other means than with military precision from the Joint Chiefs of the United States military.

In that case, why do you all need yet another "investigation" when you had all the answers by dinner time on Sept. 11, 2001?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The term "inside job" was used quite extensively on 9/11 by the MSM. For instance:

TIME Exclusive: An Inside Job?
By Sally Donnelly Saturday, Sep. 22, 2001

Read more: www.time.com...

---

HIJACKINGS MAY HAVE BEEN AN INSIDE JOB Airplane cleaners, caters top FBI list

By JOE CALDERONE DAILY NEWS INVESTIGATIONS EDITOR

Tuesday, September 25th 2001, 2:23AM

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Gumerk

The first group I recall, before I became aware of the many 9/11 inconsistencies, were the "Jersey Girls". They were widows of husbands who died on 9/11.

I definitely raised an eyebrow when they were attacked by neocon MSM types like Anne Coulter.

After I "woke up" from the neocon 9/11 dream, I remembered the wholesale character assassination by MSM pundits, esp. Coulter who called them "harpies".

They first came together to complain that the $1.6 million average settlement to be paid to 9/11 victims' families by the government was not large enough... These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities... These self-obsessed women seemed genuinely unaware that 9/11 was an attack on our nation and acted as if the terrorist attacks happened only to them. ... I've never seen people enjoying their husbands' deaths so much ... the Democrat ratpack gals endorsed John Kerry for president ... cutting campaign commercials... how do we know their husbands weren't planning to divorce these harpies? Now that their shelf life is dwindling, they'd better hurry up and appear in Playboy."[9]

Source: Wikipedia

No respect for the families of the dead there, like OS believers always throw out these days toward those calling for a new 9/11 investigation.

[edit on 21-3-2010 by 1SawSomeThings]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
"No, it shows that lots of people can quickly conjure up conspiracy theories only a few hours after the events started, not even knowing if it was over, or what would happen next and without having one bit of evidence at hand with which to draw any conclusions."

Yep, just like the Government and the Media blaming the attacks on Muslim terrorists on the same day, several hours later, "without having one bit of evidence at hand".

"In that case, why do you all need yet another "investigation" when you had all the answers by dinner time on Sept. 11, 2001?"

Come to think of it, you're right. After all, the Government and Media had all the answers by dinner time and they obviously didn't need any investigation. In addition, they didn't need an investigation to invade Afghanistan or pass the Patriot Act, did they now?

And if you call the 911 Commission Report, NIST and all that other "official nonsense" related to 911, an investigation, you obviously do not know the difference between propaganda used as a distraction and a real investigation. Also, all those reports were completed well after Afghanistan was invaded and the passing of the Patriot Act.

And you know who else didn't need an investigation? The insurance carriers for the WTC. They just gladly dished out loads of cash to Larry Pull It, almost as if he was being rewarded for his efforts.

Hey, maybe the next time I decide to torch my car and dump it at the bottom of the river, I'll tell these same insurance companies that my vehicle was stolen by terrorists so they can send my a nice big fat check without giving me the Third Degree.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
"No respect for the families of the dead there, like OS believers always throw out these days toward those calling for a new 9/11 investigation."

The ridicule strategy used by debunkers has been the same since the day of the attacks. At first, it seemed to work, but now people are seeing through the layers of crap and not falling for it.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

I was getting ready to type some of the exact same things out. Well said, Sphinx.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
"I was getting ready to type some of the exact same things out. Well said, Sphinx."

Thank you BoneZ - it's my pleasure actually. I know there are a few issues about 9/11 where we may have differing opinions, but I think we're both on the same page when it comes to one of the most important aspects: the need for a thorough, competent and objective investigation.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
"No, it shows that lots of people can quickly conjure up conspiracy theories only a few hours after the events started, not even knowing if it was over, or what would happen next and without having one bit of evidence at hand with which to draw any conclusions."

Yep, just like the Government and the Media blaming the attacks on Muslim terrorists on the same day, several hours later, "without having one bit of evidence at hand".

Come to think of it, you're right. After all, the Government and Media had all the answers by dinner time and they obviously didn't need any investigation. In addition, they didn't need an investigation to invade Afghanistan or pass the Patriot Act, did they now?

Perhaps you forgot that some had doubts:

A DAY OF TERROR: INTELLIGENCE AGENCIES; Officials Say They Saw No Signs of Increased Terrorist Activity
By JAMES RISEN and DAVID JOHNSTON
Published: September 12, 2001

Intelligence officials said they had collected fresh information after the aircraft crashed into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. After a briefing session at the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Senator Orrin G. Hatch, Republican of Utah, said that bin Laden associates had been overheard by American intelligence discussing an attack.

''We happened to know just today that we have information that indicates representatives that are affiliated with Osama bin Laden were actually saying over the airwaves, private airwaves that they had hit two targets,'' Mr. Hatch told reporters.

But one intelligence official said the information was not as clear-cut as Senator Hatch had suggested.

''It is not definitive, but there certainly are a lot of indicators pointing at bin Laden,'' the official said, referring to the Saudi exile living in Afghanistan whom the authorities have long identified as the chief architect of anti-American terror.

''There is information developed after the crashes that strongly suggests bin Laden,'' the official added. ''I wouldn't be surprised if there were other, surrogate groups used by his organization as well, since this clearly required large-scale planning.''

/yeotyrb

and some didn't expect the technique

A Trend Toward Attacks That Emphasize Deaths
By JOSEPH KAHN
Published: September 12, 2001

Many experts said they foresaw a growing likelihood of large-scale terrorist events. But they said that was based on the fear that well-organized and well-financed groups were increasingly close to obtaining weapons of mass destruction, including biological and nuclear weapons.

''Most people in counterterrorism were talking about the likelihood of a doomsday scenario involving germ warfare or nuclear weapons,'' said Juliette Kayyem, an expert on terrorism at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government who served on the National Commission on Terrorism.

''We feared that something could happen on a terrifying scale, but not that it would be done with conventional tactics -- hijacking -- that is reminiscent of the 1970's,'' she said.

/y9xnooq

And if you call the 911 Commission Report, NIST and all that other "official nonsense" related to 911, an investigation, you obviously do not know the difference between propaganda used as a distraction and a real investigation.

I and others have been waiting 8 1/2 years for you to show us.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a new investigation would be nice, but let's at least have a new cover up!
the current cover up attempts fall flat on almost every talking point.

oh yeah, and, i should add that i was one of the people who watched the news at noon on 9/11, and said to myself, "oh my god, the CIA is trying to start world war three!"

[edit on 21-3-2010 by billybob]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
"I was getting ready to type some of the exact same things out. Well said, Sphinx."

...but I think we're both on the same page when it comes to one of the most important aspects: the need for a thorough, competent and objective investigation.

First, you have to solid reasons, irrefutable evidence that covers every aspect of the attacks, and be able to demonstrate it compellingly.

I and many other skeptics have never seen that happening and wonder when and if it ever will.

How do you propose to get yet another investigation?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Milt Bearden didn't mention the word inside job, but he doubted the official story right from the beginning. Here he is interviewed by Dan Rather. Bearden also doubted the whole Bin Laden myth. He is the former CIA Station Chief in Pakistan, Germany, Nigeria, and Sudan.
www.brasschecktv.com...

Ann Coulter is not the only person, who has attacked the Jersey girls. Here Glenn Beck attacks the families of 9/11 victims (he means the Jersey girls). He also attacks the people hit by Hurricane Katrina.

Glenn Beck: I hate 9/11 victims families for asking questions

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Maleki Sep 11 2001, 2:01 pm

Maybe this was it? It does seem like it was said on the same day. Initially it was frowned upon by the media, and they didn't show it anymore. Do you all think this source knows more than the average man/woman, or was it something else?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jthomas

''We happened to know just today that we have information that indicates representatives that are affiliated with Osama bin Laden were actually saying over the airwaves, private airwaves that they had hit two targets,'' Mr. Hatch told reporters.

Oh oh. So what happened to this story? It disappeared since it never took place anyway. Strange that you do not see the planted character of this snippet, the only purpose of which was to blame Osama bin Laden for the attacks.

Many experts said they foresaw a growing likelihood of large-scale terrorist events. But they said that was based on the fear that well-organized and well-financed groups were increasingly close to obtaining weapons of mass destruction, including biological and nuclear weapons.

''Most people in counterterrorism were talking about the likelihood of a doomsday scenario involving germ warfare or nuclear weapons,'' said Juliette Kayyem, an expert on terrorism at Harvard's Kennedy School of Government who served on the National Commission on Terrorism.

In other words, within 24h of 9/11, not only had the media as well as "experts on terrorism" settled on Osama Bin Laden without a shred of evidence, they had also managed to mention "weapons of mass destruction" and "germ warfare". The latter quickly evolved into the great Anthrax scare wild goose chase, maintaining a state of panic and blocking rational analysis of 9/11 events for several months, ultimately ending up in total futility (or was it reaching the homegrown US perpetrators of the Anthrax letter scare that caused the sudden silence?).
The mantra of WMD's was later to become the fake reason to invade Iraq, by courtesy of Colin Powell's hoaxed WMD report speech to the UN.

Why do you not see how the media was performing preplanned mental conditioning of the masses right from day one?

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Tussilago]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I'll refer you to the group before 9/11.

Prior to September of 2001, the online conspiracy theory culture was a very different place... quiet, with just a few people... some of whom were very serious.

In April of 2001, Stew Webb claimed to have sources with advance knowledge of an impending false flag attack on American soil, by the end of summer. He further claimed that it was planned by our government and that the goal was to foster a police-state in the US, and expand the "war culture" into countries that harbor terrorism.

He had a lot of material on SciZone (now defunct: www.scizone.com...) and occasional posts on Rumor Mill News. He never took credit for a "prediction," only that he had reliable sources.

Also, the cryptic figure "Dove of Oneness" was posting on a Yahoo group during the summer of 2001. His/Her posts warned that a grave event was nearing that would harm the financial markets... and that the event would be violent in nature, not financial. Some interpreted the pre-9/11/2001 "Dove" posts as a "white knight" government insider doing their best to reveal information without being discovered. Also, many speculated Dove had even more direct awareness of 9/11 events as there were no posts for the two weeks (may have been 10 days, can't recall) leading up to 9/11, which was highly unusual given there we usually more than a dozen every week.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Amazing. Could some of this material possibly be retrieved in any way?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tussilago
Amazing. Could some of this material possibly be retrieved in any way?

This is all I can find...
web.archive.org
...though the mention of militias isn't in sync with the material I was reading at the time.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

In April of 2001, Stew Webb claimed to have sources with advance knowledge of an impending false flag attack on American soil, by the end of summer. He further claimed that it was planned by our government and that the goal was to foster a police-state in the US, and expand the "war culture" into countries that harbor terrorism.

The problem with these kinds of "predictions" or "advance knowledge" is that they're a lot like Nostradamus' predictions. Or those of any carnival fortune tellers'.

Be vague enough, and there will be some way to connect a whole bunch of imaginary dots to make the conspiracy minded actually believe that this person had some foreknowledge.

Of course, what's always lost in the chatter is the multitude of such "predictions" that never amount to a hill of beans.

It's like a friend of a friend that went to Hollywood to make "B" movies. The goal was to make a campy flick - like the rocky horror picture show - that gained a cult following, and strike it rich. The failures are numerous, but all it takes is one, and the person that makes such movies strikes it rich with royalties. Or in the case of all the various conspiracy theories, strike it rich on the lecture circuit, giving out the lunacy that others seek.......

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Joey Canoli]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join