It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AIRSOFT Conversion to firearm

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

RCWJ.
What he said is possible. But completely and totally hazardous to your health. If you check Wolf's post. The article he brought in to this. Describes a little more what happened but you have to agree 15 rounds does not make a weapon. Having fired several different types of real weapons from handguns to rifles.
Thank you Draco 61

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by draco61

Do yourself a favor and re-read my post.

I'll do us both a favor and disregard the condescending tone of your post.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by draco61
reply to post by gambon

Gambon.

You asked a great question. And one I was hoping someone would finally asked. Cosmetically the guns are one-to-one scale models in fact you may change some of the external parts like the rails and even some sighting systems. But you cannot exchange the internal parts. For a simple reason. Airsoft manufacturers use different size pins to hold the parts in and slightly out of place. And please remember this. These are not heat tempered metal parts that were talking about in Airsoft guns. You're a soda can is higher quality metal. Airsoft weapons are made out of the exact same metal as toy guns were made out of 20 years ago. You know those cheap keychain Guns.

thank you Draco 61

sorry about the miss wording my delexia got the better of me

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

No Mr. Wolf you got my question.
You also got the point quite easily. You could spend over $1500 depend upon location converting an Airsoft AR15 sammy and full automatic fire. And make mere life insurance policy beneficiary. Or you can buy the real AR15 a.m. by the one part necessary for full automatic fire total cost $1000 or less. Not to mention you can also buy an AK-47 around $400. And I'm sure you can find other fully automatic weapons or under $1000 on the black market.
Thank you Draco 61

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Thisguyrighthere..
I must apologize if I was condescending! I was not trying to be I was trying for insulting. When I started this thread. I did not know what type of Airsoft rifle they were talking about exactly. So I say could not be done at all. Then when I found out what type of Airsoft rifle they were talking about. I then did say it was possible to exchange the parts. But that gun would fail within five rounds. I was not that far off. The ATF got 15 rounds off on full automatic before failure. Do not know the exact amount of rounds before failure on semiautomatic. I would not put much past 25. You would have to agree that this would not be a reliable weapon.
I still ast you one question is your health insurance that good mind isn't. And I do not have the money to spend $1500 on a rifle that will fail, if I were purchase for $1000 go to a gun show by one part for a 150 to make the rifle automatic. And there are even cheaper ways to get automatics on the black market.

But I am confused who posted this.
This is complete bull. First they claimed you could turn one into a real gun. Completely bunk. Then they claimed you could pin the airsoft lower to a real upper and have yourself a functioning AR that was less than legitimate because the lower is what is considered the 'gun.' Well, the holes dont line up and if you tried to drill them to line up you'd destroy the fake lower.

And who posted this.
Step by step conversion of Airsoft Ar-15 into functional Ar-15:
Separate upper and lower receivers.
Throw away airsoft upper.
Throw awat airsoft lower.
Purchase real upper and corresponding components.
Purchase real lower.
Purchase lower receiver parts kit.
Assemble.
You have just converted an airsoft Ar-15 into a real working Ar-15.
Now you see why the ATF did what they did. It's just that easy.

The slogan live free or die?, is usually used by people who know the Constitution.. When I started this thread I made damn clear that it is not about the Second Amendment of our Constitution. It was about three things. If you can't guess what they are here we go.
1.The abuse at the ATF agent in question stepping outside his authority box.
2.subject to penalty without trial and you got absolutely nothing wrong.
3.and this is the most important one that stupid moronic US patriot act and how to get rid of it.
Now I have been a little condescending.
Thank you Draco 61

posted on Nov, 9 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
is ther info

posted on Nov, 13 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by draco61
reply to post by stealthyaroura

No stealth. Not a 177 to a 22 caliber. We are talking about converting an air soft AR 15 or an M4 gas powered. To fire live 5.56 NATO rounds.

thank you Draco 61

[edit on 24-3-2010 by draco61]

oh well then i would say it's not gonna happen.5.56 in
some cheap plastic monkey metal construction?
it would be a one shot wonder imo and the shooter
would probably come off worse lots of shrapnel.

as for full auto dont make me laugh it would fall apart
in the process of maiming any one stupid enough to be near the thing.

now what i spoke of, being the brocock,that is a real threat as a conversion.
too easy .22 live 20 mins job done. scary.

why convert in the USA? real guns are there to be bought.
why risk maiming yourself when you can pick up the real deal?

this is an old thread but did a tube vid of the conversion appear?

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

ya that is what the a.t.f was saying

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join