It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal Navy sends nuclear sub with cruise missiles to Falkland Islands

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Oil and Britain.. Not a good combination these days..

Even finding its way to sport: www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Nice one Fang.

The credit and apology to Michael Caine, that is.

Funny how Retseh has fallen silent. Methinks he and Kord must be plotting
somefing nasty!

If so...................................

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Is that why Retseh always starts threads on the news board quoting ridiculous press stories from the UK tabloids and saying 'LOOK, LOOK! This is how bad the UK is!'. I have wondered for ages what his problem is. Now I know, He just REALLY wants to be American so much it hurts. Quite sad really.

He even started a thread on the British Bobby being 'banned' from saying 'Evening all' (as if anyone has said it since about 1972). At least the replies all seemed to be taking the piss.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Fang

How do we know this?

If true I must say it makes his anti-UK vitriol all the more suprising.

A plastic yank.

Why?

[edit on 15/6/10 by Freeborn]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fang
Cheshire folk! Always found them a stroppy bunch.

AHEM....

Hailing from Crewe originally, I take exception to that.

And, on this issue - ATS discusses POSTS. Not posters...remember?

This thread has a topic. Lets stick to it please?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Awwww, spoilsport

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
That's BRITISH Land. Its ours. So if Argentina want to keep this up after all these years.....then they deserve what they get.

Maggie Thatcher started something that was in our interest. So this gov best MAN up and defend that interest.

All countries need to protect their land.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore[/url]

OK point taken.

Now. Hands up everybody who wants to start a thread about Retseh?

ME! MYSELF and I!

That's 3 for a start.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fang reply to post by Neformore:

Well sort of.In the same way as Croydon is in Surrey. It's not Alderly Edge is it? ('
')

Regarding Retseh, I take your point about staying on topic but bearing in mind the puss spite and bile he has thrown around on this site over the years, I'm sure you quietly appreciate his 'outing' too

Here! Here!

Have a nice shiny blue star for this and your other outstanding posts.

Your knowledge of this subject is second to none and your articulation and the way you expound your theories are like a breath of fresh air.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I see Argentina has started the rumblings again about the Falklands and also burning the Union Jack. Also, America as usual want nothing to do with it just like the last time...... 99% of the islanders are British and they want nothing to do with Argentina.
Only snag is this time if there was a war again , UK would be hard pressed to defend it with the cut backs within our defence and I noticed another 4000 servicemen are to be put on the scrap heap to save money!
Maybe they should half the MP,s wages and all the freebies they get would help...
edit on 21-1-2012 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627

Originally posted by fritz

The only difference between the US and the UK is that we won't involve half the world in an illegal war!

I beg your pardon, but I can guarantee that if the UK went to war with anybody, the first call would be to our POTUS saying: Now is pay back time.... We scratched your back, now scratch ours....

We asked for his support a while back and he refused to weigh in in our favour.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sozen94
We aren't bullying no one. These are OUR islands and it is OUR oil.

I would beg to differ.

It's the Falklander's islands, and the Falklander's oil

But they choose to remain an British protectorate. So long as they do so, we protect them. Simple.

I'm actually more concerned that the Falklander's may not benefit as much as they should from the oil found in their waters. But so long as they want to remain under British protection - as opposed to declaring independence (which I suppose they could do) then I will support whatever it takes to protect them.

And an analogy would be if the USA decided that Bermuda should belong to them. I would hope we would act the same.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
We Yanks are getting ready to put much of our military on the scrap heap. We are following the UK template ...not only in our military but also our Social spending...meaning spending is going through the roof.

I have been saying for some years now that someone here wants us to follow the UK template and become Englishmen. Our politics are following suit as well...becoming very tabloid like.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sozen94

Originally posted by crazyinthemiddle
Just read up a little bit on the history of the Falklands. Sounds like that could be a powder keg unto itself. So a dominant country bullies a smaller country over oil...say it ain't so!

We aren't bullying no one. These are OUR islands and it is OUR oil.

Why do some people find that hard to understand? If it was your country you'd think the same. I gaurantee it.

Yes and if oil was discovered between the coast of Ireland and Wales and the Irish rushed to develop it the Red Coats would be OK with that?

Of course not. Heck if a large oil field was discovered off the Atlantic coast of Ireland the Red Coat rapist's would threaten Ireland with war or economic war if they didn't give the Red Coats access.

Red Coats don't belong on this side of the Atlantic. And if Reagan wasn't a traitor and refused to uphold the Monroe Doctrine, London by all rights should be a crater today.

Red Coats don't belong in the Western Hemisphere.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Rascism, Ill informed opinion and no facts. But ignore all of that and your post is great.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by duality90

Originally posted by lpowell0627

Originally posted by fritz

The only difference between the US and the UK is that we won't involve half the world in an illegal war!

I beg your pardon, but I can guarantee that if the UK went to war with anybody, the first call would be to our POTUS saying: Now is pay back time.... We scratched your back, now scratch ours....

We asked for his support a while back and he refused to weigh in in our favour.

Be grateful the USA didn't go to war against the Red Coats for all the BS garbage the psychopathic Red Coats got the USA into during the 20th Century. From WW1(thanks for the Intel mfr) to Iran, relations with the Red Coats has only caused one headache after another for the USA.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by korathin

Rascism, Ill informed opinion and no facts. But ignore all of that and your post is great.

No. I firmly believe in the Monroe Doctrine and believe that every nation in the Western hemisphere should eventually join the Union(thus what is Argentina's today is America's tomorrow). I view Red Coat imperialism in the Western Hemisphere as an intolerable state of affairs. As any loyal American ought to.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join