It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report claims GM crops cause liver and kidney damage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Complaints about genetically modified foods have been around for awhile. Many have suspected that playing with mother nature could be detrimental to the health of the people who eat foods that were designed by man.

A new report has shown that these concerns have merit and that GMO foods cause kidney and liver damage in animals in as few as 3 months.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d7f159c07101.jpg[/atsimg]

GM crops cause liver and kidney damage

(NaturalNews) A report published in the International Journal of Microbiology has verified once again that Monsanto's genetically modified (GM) crops are causing severe health problems. A legal challenge issued against Monsanto forced the multi-national agriculture giant to release raw data revealing that animals fed its patented GM corn suffered liver and kidney damage within just three months.

Adding to the mounting evidence that GM crops are dangerous all around, this information provides a damning indictment against Monsanto which continually insists that its GM products are safe. Not only are GM crops proving disastrous for the environment, but study after study, including those conducted by Monsanto itself, is showing that GM foods are detrimental to health.

Monsanto's data indicated that the company had conducted tests on three varieties of its GM corn, two of which contain the dangerous Bt protein, and one designed specifically to resist Monsanto's Roundup herbicide. All three are widely grown in the United States while only one is currently grown in Europe.

Dr. Gilles-Eric Seralini, a French researcher from the University of Caen, was tasked with examining the data and providing a review. While stopping short of declaring GM crops to be toxic, he did emphasize that chronic negative effects were apparent and that there were "statistically significant" indications of kidney and liver damage.

Read more: Natural News

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
NaturalNews...

Okay, that's generally considered a bit of a fringe website. I do happen to agree with most of what Mike Adams aka "The Health Ranger" says, and I am even a part of his newsletter, but a piece of advice - if you don't want the skeptics to scoff at this thread, I suggest linking to the actual source, and just leave out the NaturalNews article.

The OP mentions a report, but what you have linked is just one guy's analysis of the report.
It's also in the Daily Mail www.dailymail.co.uk... A lot of repetition but a couple new tidbits of info in there.

I'm still trying to find the actual study...

Found it, here. It was a bit hard to find, because it is not the International Journal of Microbiology as the source link mentions, but rather the International Journal of Biological Sciences. I'm 90% sure that's what is being talked about.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by Son of Will]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Son of Will

Thanks for digging that up.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
it just prooves that we are not god and should not be messing with his creations

new topics

top topics

join