It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast food, frighteningly slow decay: Mother keeps McDonald's Happy Meal for a whole year... and it

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by highlyoriginal

G'day highlyoriginal

Like I said in the other thread.....

I think it's actually a hoax.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

I too believe it is a hoax. My fiancee worked for a McDonalds for years and was the Assistant Manager his last year there. The food definitely decomposes as was evident every morning when he checked the Waste Bin and found the food already smelling of rot and decomposition. Remember, the majority of the food in a McDonalds is fried which is akin to petrifying the food. Obviously, if the purchased meal was kept in a climate controlled environment, it would definitely decompose differently, but if left to sit out in the air: it would decompose as it should. The photo labeled 2010 shows a meal as it would normally look 2 hours after being cooked.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I'm also leaning toward hoax. What proof is there that those photos are a year apart? If you are going to make that claim, wouldn't you provide the dates the pictures were taken and not just the year the photo was taken? They don't even look like the same burger and fries to me.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissCrissi

I too believe it is a hoax. My fiancee worked for a McDonalds for years and was the Assistant Manager his last year there. The food definitely decomposes as was evident every morning when he checked the Waste Bin and found the food already smelling of rot and decomposition. Remember, the majority of the food in a McDonalds is fried which is akin to petrifying the food. Obviously, if the purchased meal was kept in a climate controlled environment, it would definitely decompose differently, but if left to sit out in the air: it would decompose as it should. The photo labeled 2010 shows a meal as it would normally look 2 hours after being cooked.

I concur with this. I worked at McDonald's at 16. The food does indeed mold, decay and such. Found moldy chicken nuggets when I was cleaning once. Talk about gagging...I think the dry air is what attributed to this "non-decay". There should have been timestamps on the pictures.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

I also doubt the truth of this article.

However what else was in that bin? Salads, tomatoes, those apple pies. All of which could kick start decomposition. This is just a happy meal.

Hell if this is true: if mould won't eat it, I won't.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
this thread was already started www.abovetopsecret.com... and it too got front page of ATS. What exactly is to "top secret" that this story gets front page of ATS two times in the same day with the same story?

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I'm feeling hungry now after loking at those photos. I could demolish a Big Mac Meal now...mmmmmm.

As a side note I used to work for MAFF and the cleanliest slaughterhouses were the McDonalds ones. The Head Honcho would only take his kids to eat McDonalds as he saw what happened to the meat going into the expensive restaurants.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kingsnake

I've seen moldy buns and beef too. I think it's an issue of moisture in the air.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I have to say, I am not thinking hoax. This type of experiment has been done before. Not sure if anyone remembers the Documentary "Supersize Me" by Morgan Spurlock, but it was the documentary that started off his series on Fox FX called 30 days.

In Supersize Me, the film maker Morgan Spurlock, puts himself on a McDonald's diet for 30 days straight. Complete with weekly visits to the doctor to monitor his health and see how fast food does affect his body, weight, mood, etc etc. It really is an amazing documentary that will change the way you view fast food.

Getting more closer to topic, this experiment was also done in the documentary and you can view his results for yourself.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

If mold mycelium doesn't or can't get any nutrients from that "food", then neither can we. If it is not good enough for old, then it shouldn't be good enough for us.

I have kept my family off all processed foods and believe it or not, we feel great and hardly ever get sick. I actually noticed a huge difference after about six months of cutting out not only fast food, but also all processed foods and I now feel like a million bucks, as far as health and energy goes. My children have had the good fortune of never eating processed foods, with the exception of a treat here and there. That means no fast food, no boxed or "instant" foods or even most packaged foods and ingredients.

It's not as expensive as one would think because you don't necessarily have buy organic. Even with it costing a little more, the price difference is more than justified. Would you buy poisoned water, simply because it was cheaper? Sewer water? How about a plane ticket with an airline company that didn't have trained pilots, simply because it is cheaper? Items that we put into our body are the last thing we should skimp on. If it's about saving money, as I hear all too often, then you should cut costs in other areas, such as entertainment or clothing.

In our day and age where our liberties and freedoms are becoming ever more encroached upon, the one thing that you do have some-what control over is your health, even though they are obviously trying to trick us out of even that, so the last thing we should ever want to do is hand over our health, along with everything else.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
... and look almosty equally tempting almost 12 months on.

To whom? A hungry drunk? My Mickey D fries are no good after 5 minutes. What do they have against McDonald's? Not saying it's fine dining, but jeez, is this really news?

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Excellent video.

But I think this may still be showing us some correlation between the moisture content and the decomposition rate. Look at the fries that decomposed, they are very thick and will retain moisture after cooking. The McDonalds fries are very skinny, skinny enough that the moisture in them can largely be boiled off and replaced with the grease they are fried in, though that probably does have some preservatives added to it, which helps.

You can also see the moisture sweating inside the other jars so it's more or less sealed in. Again if the moisture was removed by a dry environment instead of in sealed jars, I believe the sandwiches could be made to dry out like beef jerky. But few places are that dry year round, so unless it's a really dry place, in most places it will mold eventually.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Apologies for the delay in reacting. But this is a topic which has been covered and you may want to review the material there for additional input - please continue to contribute your thoughts at the original thread here:

Mother keeps McDonald's Happy Meal for a whole year... and it STILL hasn't gone bad!

Thank you for your understanding...

Thread Closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join