It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bumping your own threads?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Well, I am located in Australia, and so am in a rather different time zone to many of you guys.

Sometimes after many hours of very much needed beauty sleep, I discover maybe up to five pages have been added to a thread I was deeply involved in.

So I wade through it all, and respond to some direct issues raised by other posters, as I read through all five pages of the thread.
When I get to the very end, I find all my posts one after the other, but maybe all posted within an hour or so.

It is not thread bumping, but it may look a bit odd to someone seeing several consecutive posts all by the same poster.

So before you just assume thread bumping, check the times of any consecutive posts by the same poster. There may be a reasonable explanation.

But on the other hand, malicious or mischievous thread bumping should be actively discouraged by the mods.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Thanks for the responses.

Dont want to create another thread, but why did I just lose 30 ats points

(at least I believe I lost 30 ATS points,)
I dont know what rules I broke and I dont believe ive posted any short responses.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by FoxMulder91]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

If you did lose the points, I don't see why you would have lost them in here. You haven't committed a violation that I see, but then I'm just a lowly member like yourself, so what do I really know about it.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

None of your posts have been removed, and no points have been removed from you. I checked, and no one has given you any one-liner warnings either.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
However, all warnings and point deductions (like one-liners) always come with a u2u. I'm sure that you've not received any warnings though.

[edit on 20 Mar 2010 by Hellmutt]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Thank you very much Hellmutt.
I dont know why I thought I had more, but its all good now.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
On occasion, a good story comes along on Friday evening or over the weekend...it seems that traffic on ATS is slower at that time and due to that, many great topics go unnoticed and get buried. It is in those instances that I see no problem with a simple bump, so that it gets the higher traffic on Mondays. However, I have seen posters bump their thread back to the front page because no one replied within the first hour...now that is shameless and I would not look favorably upon that tactic. But hey, I'm not a MOD, so my opinion on the matter is of little relevance.

You can always find additional sources/information to support your thread...use that opportunity to "bump" your thread.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by Aggie Man]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Well that is true.....

It's best not to be bumping one's junk.....

As the Larry the Cable Guy would say, "that's funny right there"
I'm sorry but this quote just can't go without some acknowledgment of it's levity. Very good stuff, Maybe...maybe not.
I laughed. But then, I'm easy. (But I'm not cheap!
)

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by The Soothsayer

Old threads however may contain info left out of newer threads as information and or facts fade with time.

posted on Jun, 11 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Bump

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join