It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama hung in effigy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I disagree with the title "Obama hung in Effigy" because well, when I first read it, I thought something else totally different. After coming inside after shooting my guns in celebration and grabbing a cold beer, I sat back down and read on and wondered where the city of Effigy was so I could see where it happened. I began wondering why the radio had no mention of Obama being hung in Effigy. I wondered if the Secret Service had failed him or helped. Anyway I wanted to know what was going on.

I started looking and found some cities on Map Quest with similar names but no Effigy. My friend told me is was near Suffragette City and well by the time I figured out it was "Obama hung in effigy"and not Effigy, well to say the least I told myself I have to keep my glasses on more often cause I really felt like for moment that I was back in the third grade trying to learn how to spell encyclopedia after being whacked by a Nun for not getting it right the first time. I felt like "Duh" and was really startled by the loud whack which stung like crazy when she smacked me many years ago.

Anyway after going back to this posting and reading on, I read where the doll that was hung in effigy was hung upside down by its feet. This is when I realized that whomever hung that doll has an exposure to some Caribbean Voodoo or Santeria practices and by hanging their nemesis upside down by the feet is supposedly helps to disorient their enemy and makes them unable to think clearly or act rationally. Suppose to cause marital problems as well.

Anyway, it's not for demanding death as much as giving something back as good as they got. An eye for an eye kind of hanging in effigy where someone is wanting to give back to Obama what they feel they got that was worthy of some tit for tat kind of conduct payback. Maybe losing their job was the basis for this action. I think so.

Anyway, thanks for the posting and I really did think for little while that Obama was hung in Effigy so all I can say is that it could happen to anyone. At least that's the story I'm sticking to.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Someone hung a doll by it's feet. SO WHAT!!!!!!

I think a far more effective form of free speech would be to make flags with the Obama symbol, stomp on them, burn them, and post the videos.

<< 1   >>

join