It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Enlightened Ones?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
+Who are they?
They are people, like you and me-

+Where are they?
They are everywhere.

+What do they do?
They preach lies like a virus.
They discriminate people based on whether they believe the same things they do.

+How to recognize them?
A false sense of superiority based on their "awoken" self.

Well- what triggered this thread IS a message I received on facebook- saying I need to "open up my eyez"- LOL!! from a random dude who seems to be a blind follower of David Icke.
*eek*

These pepole, who think they had been enligthened and "awake" based ONLY on the words of Icke (Wilcock, or the rest of those charlatans) are as blind and aslept as the "sheep" they warmly refer to in their speaches.

They preach about evil turtles- emm, sorry, snakes?, manipulating the world- "Illuminatti, etc. etc. because their super guru said it. So it must be true.
Right?

So, I'd like to say something to these people- the Illuminati or (insert any name here) is not your real enemy. YOU are your own worst enemy- imprisoning yourself in the belief of being a superior spiritual thing SENT to "enlighten" and "open up the eyes" of others.
A spiritual journey stars with a discerning/questioning mind and heart. Introspective spirit, - never buying into the words of "x" guru - and it's serious investigation of YOUR own.
But that's another thread.

That guy who sent me the message- is an example of people who live to preach and force a pack of ideas ((which are not even an original product of their own imagination)) but a pack someone else sold them. $$$ - And in which the fundamentalism and rigidity is as scary AND dangerous as the dogmatism they want so "badly" to fight against.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Aw, snap! S+F!

And you know what? A virus has, in all my life's experience, been one of the most honest things I've encountered. It just does its thing and doesn't know otherwise. Money-grubbing charlatans, on the other hand, replicate much faster these days by stealing the mind of the host, not just the DNA-replication machinery-- much more pernicious I'd say, say indeed.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by plutoxgirl

+What do they do?
They preach lies like a virus.
They discriminate people based on whether they believe the same things they do.

+How to recognize them?
A false sense of superiority based on their "awoken" self.

These pepole, who think they had been enligthened and "awake" based ONLY on the words of Icke (Wilcock, or the rest of those charlatans) are as blind and aslept as the "sheep" they warmly refer to in their speaches.

They preach about evil turtles- emm, sorry, snakes?, manipulating the world- "Illuminatti, etc. etc. because their super guru said it. So it must be true.
Right?

so when you say enlightened one's you are refering to people who just think they 'know' what's going on with icke or something

because i originally thought this thread was talking about the buddhist line of enlightened buddhas, but apparently not hahaha

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl

This dude Chunyi Lin is enlightened:

springforestqigong.com...

John Chang is enlightened:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 18-3-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish
because i originally thought this thread was talking about the buddhist line of enlightened buddhas, but apparently not hahaha

As I see it, it's about that kind of enlightenment and the beginner fool's journey where you just accept any sort of crap that comes your way because it isn't part of mainstream thought, just to stick it to the status quo. It's part of the process of letting go and shaking one's self free of subconscious indoctrinations but not an end in itself.

Edit: At first I too expected something about The Great White Brotherhood or something along those lines. The Buddhas don't worry me at all but it's become clear their heathen ways are a source of anxiety for some.

[edit on 3/18/2010 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Yeah, there's a lot of people who feel the need to proclaim how enlightened they are on ATS and how much wisdom they can offer you. I was turned off by this when I first joined, because I was amazed at how a site that is against ignorance has so many putting themselves on the pedestal of enlightenment. I don't know, I try to ignore it, but it really irks me. Of course sometimes I feel like I've experienced things that make me see the world in a way that is different from how some people see it, but I don't think that gives me any wisdom worth preaching to anyone else.

Maybe if the majority of these people practiced such conviction in their personal lives and not just on message boards it wouldn't be so irritating. I'll be the first to admit that there are many things I dislike about this world, but I never exclude myself from the probelm, and I'll never make myself part of the solution unless I'm really doing something pro-active about it.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
good post OP, I'm sick of hearing about how I'm not going to ascend in 2012 unless I can phase shift my vibrational frequency by taking healing crystal suppositories and giving some new age con man/ guru my money.
The reality of the situation is that all these morons hand over their money in exchange for 'enlightenment' and a vague feeling of superiority while anonymous new age guru X is probably laughing his ass off at them while he sniffs coke off a prostitutes tits on a luxury yacht in Brazil.
SPiritual enlightenment does not cost money - FACT. If somebody actually has the book / DVD/ members only website/ CD that is going to completely change the world and usher in a new enlightened era for man they ARE NOT GOING TO TRY AND CHARGE YOU FOR IT.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by plutoxgirl

I think these is are very good questions, Especially how to tell who the enlightened ones are. Yes there is a lot of charlatans out there, Which makes it hard for the true enlighten ones to do there work. I believe the true enlighten ones, are the ones that have lived a very solitude life, without the deceptions of media, TV, radio, basically any technology, and have had time to think for them selves, and figure everything out for them selves without outside help. I believe once they get out side help, their mind then becomes corrupt, by false information, if they chose to listen to it of course.

Like I said though it is still very hard to spot the true enlightened ones because of these people running around the place claiming to have there eyes open, just because they listen to someones speech. I have met a couple of Buddhist in my time, and they also told me this. So there must be some truth in it, if they told me this also. Only message here, is for people to believe what you believe in, and never try to preach it unless you really know what you are talking about. Because people will always figure out the lies eventually.
Peace

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
To my understanding "enlightenment" is simply a state of being.
One cannot go and get it at Borders, Walmart or 7 Eleven. And someone who proselytizes for it it is simply deluding themselves and wasting their time.
Because people come to their own level and understanding of enlightenment in there own moment of time and place no matter what they are whether they be atheist, agnostic, religious, monotheist, polytheist, animist or a spiritualist etc.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Watch this local news coverage of an enlightened one -- he heals a Mayo Clinic patient of a rare lung disease so transplant is not necessary.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
Money-grubbing charlatans, on the other hand, replicate much faster these days by stealing the mind of the host, not just the DNA-replication machinery-- much more pernicious I'd say, say indeed.

Oh yes... Absolutely.

It's frustrating talking to anyone who's mind is completely shut only to their "absolute" truth (ex- some religious people).
When you are so damn certain about something it's when you are beginning to fail- and I'm not saying- one should live in uncertainty. People should have the capacity to DOUBT of any idea given as an undeniable fact or truth.

And I think everyone is free to believe whatever they please-
I'm not trying to convince anyone otherwise; I don't really mind what they choose to devote themselves to.... as long as they don't try to force it up on others..

What really upset me is the crazy extremism of some of them. The big irony of how they think they are so "awake and aware" - ' when it's the other way around.

Oh, "the indigo children" mentality -

And, EnlightenUP, I don't remember if I told you, but LOVE your avatar- one of my favs out there

[edit on 19/3/10 by plutoxgirl]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
People find what they seek. If you are looking for an external force of some kind to come save/enlighten/fix you then you'll find them and they'll tell you what you want to hear. I honestly think the most 'enlightened' people will never be seen on TV or write a ton of books. Not to say that those who do sell books and run websites are all charlatans, but a lot are. Look inside for answers and then see where they reflect in the external world.

To me the most enlightened people can be identified by the true inner peace they have. It's just something they project into the world whether they know it or not.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by plutoxgirl
It's frustrating talking to anyone who's mind is completely shut only to their "absolute" truth (ex- some religious people).

When you are so damn certain about something it's when you are beginning to fail- and I'm not saying- one should live in uncertainty. People should have the capacity to DOUBT of any idea given as an undeniable fact or truth.

Living in "uncertainty" as you put it, is simply a gradution from seeking answers to seeking truth. Anyone can give you answers and while plenty enjoy fat incomes through their enterprising efforts in the answer industry, only you can garner truth. With an honest passion for truth comes a tolerance for ambiguity, passion for mystery, a love of cognitive dissonance thus a willingness to forego definitive answers for an indefinite period.

And I think everyone is free to believe whatever they please-

Yes, they can believe whatever their innate capacities allow them to assimilate. It says nothing about whether or not it is correct.

Hmmmm...I'm pleasing to believe that.

I'm not trying to convince anyone otherwise; I don't really mind what they choose to devote themselves to.... as long as they don't try to force it up on others..

Show me evidence, not pseudorationalism! I have noticed a common reaction is to mistake discussion of beliefs, say, when I voice aspects of my mind that I know to be beliefs rather than testable theories, to be tacitly suggesting the person adopt them over his or her own worldview. While in some cases it may factually exist in the intent of one or more parties. It is not necessarily the case and I find it distasteful to be accused, even by connotation, of trying to convert someone from their cherished beliefs into accepting my ostensibly inferior, desultory ramblings and hypermaniacal philippics.

More simply put by example, a discussion between a theist and an atheist there is often at the very least an undercurrent, taken by both sides, to be proselytizing on the part of the other which results in erection of a protective defense perimeter, precluding civil discussion.

What really upset me is the crazy extremism of some of them. The big irony of how they think they are so "awake and aware" - ' when it's the other way around.

Could it be that assigning any importance to being awake and aware is a step in the right direction, even if one is initially misled? The likes of the charalatans are there to capitalize on and take advantage of the naivete of those just beginning to open their minds to reality beyond the humdrum workaday world. Sooner or later those that have been hoodwinked will learn the lessons by experience and be better for it, even if they ruined their own lives in the process. In the next one, the might not make the same mistakes. If they do, the rest of us are provided free entertainment by the karmically-bound jesters' juvenile antics.

Oh, "the indigo children" mentality -

I love that mentality. It is quite a source of inspiration at times.

And, EnlightenUP, I don't remember if I told you, but LOVE your avatar- one of my favs out there

I do not recall you mentioning anything, so, since this is the first time, thank you very much!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Oh my

Sorry I didn't noticed it was a new reply here!! - how I wished I could give you more than 1 star Enligthenup!!!

Will come back later to comment further, but I agree with all your remarks.

[edit on 1/4/10 by plutoxgirl]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dredge
I honestly think the most 'enlightened' people will never be seen on TV or write a ton of books. Not to say that those who do sell books and run websites are all charlatans, but a lot are.

To me the most enlightened people can be identified by the true inner peace they have. It's just something they project into the world whether they know it or not.

Absolutely agree

Plus wisdom comes in hand with humbleness.

A spiritual master does not even reffer to themselves as that.

They teach without effort, by example. They inspire to better oneself- alas the world.

Never an impossition, "do as I say". Always encouraging the cultivation of a mind of your own.

Sadly, the world is overloaded by fake gurus/shamans,etc. -regular people trying to portray themselves as "spiritual advisors" in need of a good number of sheeps (in their words) to educate.

[edit on 1/4/10 by plutoxgirl]

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
It's quite funny, really. You've got these people who think their "awake" yet undoubtedly believe in people, like David Ike, just because it goes against the mainstream.

Then, they tell you you need to be come "awake" and "open your eyes". Open my eyes to some invisible lizard race running the world, right.... They aren't any better than the "asleep sheep" devout religion followers they say are "blind".

It cracks me up. Now, I try to have some patience with them because I've been there. Born and raised a christian, then went athiest, then read most of David Ike's books believing it just like, they say (these are their words) the "blind" and "asleep sheep" believe in the bible.

I really think people need to start coming up with their own beliefs instead of blindly clinging on to some other guy's theory just because it "makes sense" or "rings true".

Wanna know what I believe? The only thing I believe in, is myself. I know I'm alive and breathing right now. Everything else is just a theory, an idea, or a belief.

So now the question is, what are you going to do with this life? Are you going to have faith, in some other guy's theory, that you have infinite lives and you'll just reincarnate and use it as an excuse to not do something because it might take too much work? Well how does that guy know? Well guess what, he doesn't.

Now go out there, kick some a$$, and get done what you want to get done. If you don't like something, quit whining and change it how you want it to be. After all, it's YOUR life, you aren't predetermined to some destiny, that's an excuse. YOU make your destiny. There are no invisible lizard people out to get you and stopping you from doing what you want to do.

Enough with the excuses (2012, lizard people, etc etc.) The only thing stopping you, is you.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Enlightened ones are simply aware of their place in the universe.

I believe the truly enlightened don't preach or impress their beliefs on others. They live in service so that the fruit of their actions speaks for itself.

There is no lecture, book, movie, song, philosophy, religion or person that can "enlighten" someone.

Enlightenment is a personal experience that results from complete and utter destruction of the ego. By very definition an "enlightened one" could not seek to influence others because it would go against everything he or she knows and feels.

Each of us is on a journey and there are many paths. For most humans the journey never ends while we are here on Earth, no matter how many books we read, seminars or churches we attend.

The only absolute truth in this universe is personal experience. No matter what dogma, statistics, laws or "facts" someone can cite. Personal experience trumps science, religion and law.

An example (unlikely but just an example). We call gravity a "law". In other words it is an undisputable scientific fact.

We believe this law because all we are told and experience supports it. But, if you happen to float one day without the influence of gravity then all the scientific facts you have ever learned would be turned upside down. Gravity is no longer the law, but your personal experience is.

Granted -- that will never happen.

So, I guess my point is that you should take what others preach with a grain of salt and experience life yourself.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

heh hehhehhe heheh heh.. you said.. .hehehe... erection...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
With an honest passion for truth comes a tolerance for ambiguity, passion for mystery, a love of cognitive dissonance thus a willingness to forego definitive answers for an indefinite period.

Absolutely

Yes, they can believe whatever their innate capacities allow them to assimilate. It says nothing about whether or not it is correct.

Yes, to each, their own

Could it be that assigning any importance to being awake and aware is a step in the right direction, even if one is initially misled?
The likes of the charalatans are there to capitalize on and take advantage of the naivete of those just beginning to open their minds to reality beyond the humdrum workaday world. Sooner or later those that have been hoodwinked will learn the lessons by experience and be better for it, even if they ruined their own lives in the process. In the next one, the might not make the same mistakes. If they do, the rest of us are provided free entertainment by the karmically-bound jesters' juvenile antics.

Well channeling my positive spirit, I'd say, YES! there's hope -INITIALLY. Like always, it all depends on the person and the capacity to separate good seeds from the TRANSGENIC ones.

It is quite a source of inspiration at times.

LOL- shed some light here buddy. What kind of inspiration are you exactly looking for at those times?

Just curious!. hahah

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
Enlightened ones are simply aware of their place in the universe.

I believe the truly enlightened don't preach or impress their beliefs on others. They live in service so that the fruit of their actions speaks for itself.

There is no lecture, book, movie, song, philosophy, religion or person that can "enlighten" someone.

Enlightenment is a personal experience that results from complete and utter destruction of the ego. By very definition an "enlightened one" could not seek to influence others because it would go against everything he or she knows and feels.

Each of us is on a journey and there are many paths. For most humans the journey never ends while we are here on Earth, no matter how many books we read, seminars or churches we attend.

The only absolute truth in this universe is personal experience. No matter what dogma, statistics, laws or "facts" someone can cite. Personal experience trumps science, religion and law.

An example (unlikely but just an example). We call gravity a "law". In other words it is an undisputable scientific fact.

We believe this law because all we are told and experience supports it. But, if you happen to float one day without the influence of gravity then all the scientific facts you have ever learned would be turned upside down. Gravity is no longer the law, but your personal experience is.

Granted -- that will never happen.

So, I guess my point is that you should take what others preach with a grain of salt and experience life yourself.

I loved what you wrote
and I agree.

I appreciate everyone's contribution to this thread-

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join