It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Street view- UFO over Suffolk Castle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
IT has captured images of swearing Suffolk folk, picturesque county beauty spots, a giant invading bug - and now Google Street View appears to have snapped a UFO hovering over Orford Castle.

The image, spotted by reader Adrian Chambers, show what looks to be a dark circular shape suspended in the air near the famous landmark.

It can also be spotted hovering above the village as one takes a virtual wander down Castle Hill road.

Street View went live for most of the country last week after a year of work to capture 360-degree images using car-mounted cameras across the UK.

www.eadt.co.uk...:1 7:38:850

First link does not seem to work... here's another one:

www.freerepublic.com...

[edit on 18-3-2010 by expat2368]

[edit on 18-3-2010 by expat2368]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Could be anything, A blimp A rock a car and plane, lost luggage off a plane. Excuse my spelling damn keyboard won't work that well.
And last but not least it could be a UFO.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Another apparent ufo from google earth was imaged in Western Australia a couple of years ago, see video.google.com...#

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Wormholez

Surely the fact that it could be any of those things means that it is indeed an Unidentified Flying Object, untill it's identified...

Having said that, I agree that its too blurry to fuss over. Just another fuzzy blob really!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wormholez
Could be anything, A blimp A rock a car and plane, lost luggage off a plane. Excuse my spelling damn keyboard won't work that well.
And last but not least it could be a UFO.

And as long as we DONT KNOW!! what it is, its a UFO..LOL
To clear things up...An object that is or seem to be flying
that you cant identyfi is a UFO...PERIOD

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
It's almost definitely a piece of dirt or debris on the lens of the camera. Go to Google Maps and look for yourself....

...If you follow Gedgrave Road and Broad Street away from the castle on Google Street View, you will see that the "object" shows up in every picture -- dozens and dozens of pictures (I stopped counting after 50) -- always in the exact same part of the image. This indicates to me that it is something associated with the camera, and not a "real" object in the sky.

I suppose it could be that the UFO was following the Google Maps car down Gedgrave Road and Broad Street, always staying in the same position relative to the car and matching its speed exactly
, but it is far, far more likely that it is simply a spot on the lens.

[edit on 3/18/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Can I just say that Google maps isn't that reliable and if you look here you will see why...

Looks like God (if that's your thing left his cutter out)

Pliers

[Mclaneinc]

[edit on 18-3-2010 by Mclaneinc]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
A lot of these recent UFO reports are getting REALLY far fetched. People are grasping at straws to find evidence it seems. I'm not saying to stop trying, but it's starting to get to the point where UFO posts are more of a joke than anything else.

Sorry, but there's nothing worse than looking at a thread claiming a UFO has been seen when the OP didn't take more than 5 minutes to examine the situation and just posted what he found on another website.

In the words of Tom Jackson of ESPN "C'MON MAN!"

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Found this on another site link below
Click Me

"So frame 1 shows the UFO and frame 2 doesn't. But if you follow Castle Hill Road to the south as far as the first intersection, you'll see that frames 3 through 12 DO show the object, except for one frame in which the UFO is obscured by a tree. "If this isn't a hoax on the part of Google, I think it's a pretty interesting find."

A quote from other site
But for me this does look like dirt on the lens IMHO

[edit on 19-3-2010 by k3rm1t]

[edit on 19-3-2010 by k3rm1t]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by k3rm1t

The information in that link is not exactly true.

As they say in the article, if you follow Castle Hill Road south you will see the object in some of the frames up to the next intersection.

However, like I said in my post above, if you then go to Broad street and Gedgrave Road, you will see the object in many, many frames (I stopped counting after 50 frames). The object is in every frame down Gedgrave Road until the "streetview" images from that road stop.

As I said in my previous post, the "object" is in the exact same part of the image in every frame. This indicates to be that it is something associated with the camera (a spot on the lens perhaps?) rather than being a "real" object in the sky.

It is true that the object does not appear in the frames north of the castle on Castle Hill Road, but perhaps that's because those photos were taken at a different time -- a time when the "spot" on the lens was not there.

I doubt it's a deliberate "hoax" on the part of Google. I think it's simply something on the lens.

[edit on 3/19/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People
reply to post by k3rm1t

The information in that link is not exactly true.

As they say in the article, if you follow Castle Hill Road south you will see the object in some of the frames up to the next intersection.

However, like I said in my post above, if you then go to Broad street and Gedgrave Road, you will see the object in many, many frames (I stopped counting after 50 frames). The object is in every frame down Gedgrave Road until the "streetview" images from that road stop.

As I said in my previous post, the "object" is in the exact same part of the image in every frame. This indicates to be that it is something associated with the camera (a spot on the lens perhaps?) rather than being a "real" object in the sky.

It is true that the object does not appear in the frames north of the castle on Castle Hill Road, but perhaps that's because those photos were taken at a different time -- a time when the "spot" on the lens was not there.

I doubt it's a deliberate "hoax" on the part of Google. I think it's simply something on the lens.

[edit on 3/19/2010 by Soylent Green Is People]

Thanks this is what I love but I will still keep open mind more and more photos are being put on forums/sites/web in general as technology progress end day this all new to me when will we know the truth is what I personally seek like others.
Sorry Friday night and rambling will learn to look into it more before posting anything sorry

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo__
Another apparent ufo from google earth was imaged in Western Australia a couple of years ago, see
google.com

I really wish people would stop dragging this up, a search would put you on the right track.
see here..
www.abovetopsecret.com

I'ts just a fenced off area around an antenna, I live about 200 miles from it.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by PennyQ

Originally posted by Neo__
Another apparent ufo from google earth was imaged in Western Australia a couple of years ago, see
google.com

I really wish people would stop dragging this up, a search would put you on the right track.
see here..
www.abovetopsecret.com

I'ts just a fenced off area around an antenna, I live about 200 miles from it.

PennyQ, with all due respect, I didn't see much "evidence" of a this being a wind farm within a fenced off area. There was an eye witness account of it but still no aerial images from an airplane. Since you live you so close by can you direct me to any images that show the same triangle, but closer?

Neo

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo__

I'm sorry, I wish I could but there doesn't seem to be any other pictures of it.

It has been thoroughly debated though and people have been there, I assure you that it is an antenna, nothing to do with the wind farm, that came later.
The markings in the triangle are concrete foundations for the antenna's support cables, and the lines around it are livestock tracks.

Next time I travel down that way I am going to go there myself and take some pics, however don't hold your breath as that could be years away

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
To be honest, i don't think Google Street view can be considered as reliable proof. The 360 camera is a bit unreliable

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It probably is something on the camera.
Like this image:
Google Maps captures flying pliers

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by PennyQ
reply to post by Neo__

I'm sorry, I wish I could but there doesn't seem to be any other pictures of it.

It has been thoroughly debated though and people have been there, I assure you that it is an antenna, nothing to do with the wind farm, that came later.
The markings in the triangle are concrete foundations for the antenna's support cables, and the lines around it are livestock tracks.

Next time I travel down that way I am going to go there myself and take some pics, however don't hold your breath as that could be years away

Thanks PennyQ, I'll be waiting.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Sweet.
That will have to be retaken.
The CIA's Google uber lord will have to put their foot down.
Job security.
Keep on putting saucers in Google Street photos.
Never put any sky in your photos.
The saucers are 24/7 in observation mode.
They are always watching.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I'm more concerned about the yellow man on the intersection.

top topics

join