It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. will undergo human rights scrutiny

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

U.S. will undergo human rights scrutiny

www.washingtonpost.com

Rolling out the State Department's latest human rights report, Secretary Hillary Rodham Clinton announced that, for the first time, the United States will submit itself to a process in which its record might be judged by some of the world's worst human rights abusers.

"universal periodic review" process, run by the U.N. Human Rights Council.

Critics say the 47-member council, which was established in March 2006 to replace the U.N. Commission on Human Rights, has been hijacked since its i
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Critics say the 47-member council, which was established in March 2006 to replace the U.N. Commission on Human Rights, has been hijacked since its inception by human rights violators such as Cuba, China and Egypt. George W. Bush's administration refused to join, citing the council's nondemocratic makeup and its frequent criticisms of Israel, but the Obama administration reversed that decision last spring.

So U.S. never wanted to join because of itself and because of it's frequent criticism of israel?

Ok so, initially I thought the entire shift was nothing but a facade, but is this initiative occuring because of that alleged shift?
If so then why did Obama give Israel 30Bn dollars?

I must say we are in confusing times right now, there's definately something happening usually I am able to come up with a few conspiracy theories but now I cannot.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join