It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people waste thier lives believeing in religion?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
First of all iam not a religious person, i prefer logic over religion!I just dont understand why people believe in something that doesnt exist. The only conclusion that i can come up with, is that people have to have a thought of a afterlife! What is your opinion Ats?

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Why do you waste your life not believing in religion? Prove to me that God doesn't exist.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Well, could it be that there is also a part of our brains that enjoys using creativity and not logic??? Logic isn't everything. Albert Einstein didn't develop the theory of relativity by only using logic...

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Rogue, All iam trying to say while your worry about, "iam i doing right by my "god"" you could be living your life worry free!

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Ill give you my opinion. First of all, What is logic?. Ill tell you what it is, it is nothing, it is a series of equations that humans made up. It still only exists, because it hasn't been disproven. God defies logic, God does not need logic. Your human knowledge cannot comprehend God. It is beyond your wildest dreams and past the bounds of imagination to even understand God. You cannot apply logic to God. In every sense, God is beyond human logic.

Hopefully this answers your question.

O yea, and I forgot to mention, Religion gives us morals. It gives us an excuse to follow a good way to live. So even from your "logical" perspective it makes perfect sense.

Hopefully this answers your question even better.

But now I have one for you, Why do you waste your life not believing in Religion? I can go to church once a week, and still party.

It only makes my life better.

peace

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
There is actually more reason to believe that a creator exists than not...

link   

Originally posted by Warhappy
What is your opinion Ats?
A lot of people believe a lot of things. My opinion is that religion gives someone a sense of meaning in their lives. There are a wide number of reasons why people believe what they believe. I think that just as long as what one believes doesn't interfere with somebody else, the person can believe whatever they want.

link   
Why do people waste their lives...

In dead end jobs,
on video games,
on books,
on roleplaying,
on money,
on ATS,
etc...

Do what is right for YOU. It is only a waste if you don't want to be doing it.

I am a logic based athiest.

Religion not only plays its role in society, but a lot of people like it. Time on it isn't a waste. Besides...I don't need any more competition in the work place, i'm more than happy they are doing what they like and it is different from me.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I do live my life worry free. I know that I am saved and can live my life without fearing death. Can you say the same?

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
But Omega, isnt that agianest your "gods" doing?

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
People do not waste time with religion, to a truly devoted believing in his salvation throught religion and worship of god is real.
To them this is a way of life or part of their life and for that they deserve respect.
My father is a seventh day adventist and just because I don't believe in what he preaches I am not going to disrespect his beliefs.
But I will argue about religion.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
ummm partying? dang last time i checked it wasnt against anything in the bible. I dont know what bible you are reading.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
ok, what kinda partying are ya doin omega?

(post by omega1 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Can i come over? iam bored!

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
A belief in god has nothing to do with religion. There are so many, and in the long run, out for themselves. I'm not about to point fingers at any, that is not the point, but a belief in god gives many a strength that cannot be matched.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I agree with omega1. No where in the Bible does it say "Thou shalt not party" He wants us to be happy, and you can be happy without sinning. He didn't give us life so that we could sit at home all day.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Rogue is right...

and you can all come over to my house and party, anytime for my ATS buds

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Warhappy, could you tell me logicly why a god doesn't exist?

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
because then your lives wouldnt be sooo boring....you can use your time going to church or uh....you get holidays off from school thats all i care...and uh..........religion gives you something to believe in....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join