It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people waste thier lives believeing in religion?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
In conclusion, Religion and God are awesome.

peace out

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Omega1, you got it. As I recall Jesus even helped a wedding to party. So why not "party for the Lord?" I'm in.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
as someone told me before, life is what YOU make of it. if you spend your lfe the way you wanted, then it is defnitely not a waste. as for "God" stuff, alot of my friends believe in God, and it only make them happier

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Do you speak for EVERYONE who is not directly affiliated with some form of faith that makes them maybe secure or comfortable. Whether you want a beer after work or someone else wants to lean on God, (however they conceive him, it, they them, her, to be) so be it. Comfort is comfort, it is democracy live with it. What I want to know is why so many people are so bored they speak for other people or point, point, blame, blame. Who is watching pretel that people always point the finger. Who cares anyway what another believes how does it affect another. All conflict is caused by people not words. A billion people, a billion single interpretations of ANY ONE phrase or word. Peace.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Even if God does not exist, is it a waist of your life to to follow the comandments of your religion? if everyone followed the (for example) 10 comandments the world would be a lot better to live in would it not?

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Even if God does not exist, is it a waist of your life to to follow the comandments of your religion? if everyone followed the (for example) 10 comandments the world would be a lot better to live in would it not?
Exactly. Is it so bad to love one another? Treat those as you would have them treat you. Respect your parents. Don't murder. Don't rape. Don't steal. Are these hard ideals to live by? The basis of Christianity (I speak for it only because it's my religion) are these things. It always gets construed, and pulled into politics and personal agendas. But the underlying meaning of Christianity and most religions is to be a good person. Why is that so bad?

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Whats wrong with being a good person because you know what others and yourself would like.
Why do it because a god, or a pedophile-sodomite serving god, tells you so.
It's admiting you can't think for yourself and only furthering the stereotype of religious people being non-thinkers.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
well the real reason to believe in religion is to get out of school holidays no work blah blah blah more days off......presents....money....lazyness thats about it about religions

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
There is no need to believe in a God/Godess to be spiritual. There is no need to believe in religion to be a moral person and know the difference between right and wrong and doing the right thing. All this depends on the person itself.

At the end it is up to the individual whether to believe in the spiritual world without religion, or believing in one religion, or being atheist. Its up to the individual, althou there are many energies we can't see that exist. This does not prove in itself that the God of the bible exists, but that energy manifest itself in many forms. Energy and matter can never be truly destroyed or created, but there is a transformation from one form to another.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
A lot of what is in organized religion is a waste and dumbs people down.
Some of what is in organized religion is good (like hospitals and outreaches to the poor).
A lot of the writings of the mystics are excellent (Buddha ... St. John of the Cross .. etc)
and get people to think outside the box.

Religion can give people a sense of purpose and help to get people through life.
But yes .. a lot of what is in organized religion makes people waste their lives and resources.

Kind of a mixed bag.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join