It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Whip Warns Pelosi: Deem & Pass Will Hurt House Credibility

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Even Nasty Nancy Pelosi's own House Democrats are warning that the use of an obscure procedural maneuver to pass ObamaCare without an up-or-down vote will seriously hurt the credibility of the U.S. House of Representatives...

Dem. Floor Whip Stephen Lynch Warns Procedural Move Will Hurt Congress

Stephen Lynch Warns Procedural Move Will Hurt Congress

In a sign of how tough it’s been for Pelosi to round up votes for the massive bill, Stephen Lynch - a South Boston Democrat who supported a House reform package last year - said he’ll probably vote against a key Senate version of the legislation, unless unexpected major changes are made soon.

Lynch, who serves as one of Pelosi’s key vote counters, said he also can’t support a proposed “deem and pass” procedure that would allow Democrats to vote to strip out controversial portions of the Senate bill and then “deem” that the entire package has passed without a second, direct vote. “It’s disingenuous,” said Lynch, who considers unfair a Senate provision to tack a surcharge on higher-end health plans. “It would really call into question the credibility of the House.”

“It is absolutely astonishing that Speaker Pelosi would consider advancing a multitrillion-dollar piece of legislation that would completely overhaul one-sixth of our nation’s economy without even holding a vote in the House of Representatives,” said U.S. Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.), who vowed during his campaign in January to be the “41st vote” against President Obama’s push for health reform.

I'm betting that this ridiculous "ObamaCare" package is scrapped before the end of the month, and high time — Not that it's going to help Congressional Democrats in the mid-term elections this November. They've already sealed their fates by pursuing this insane legislation against the will of the overwhelming majority of the American People.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I don't think Pelosi cares about the image of the house, or herself for that matter. She is like a kamakize pilot with healthcare as her target, and the American people as victims.

-E-

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
i think the house's credibility is gone as it is. they dont represent me thats for sure...

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
i think the house's credibility is gone as it is. they dont represent me thats for sure...

My sentiments exactly. Congress as a whole has gone rogue.

new topics

top topics

join