It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HR 645: U.S. Preparing for Civil Unrest / Possible internment camps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I found this blog last night and the author brings up HR 645, a bill that I knew nothing about entitled, National Emergency Centers Establishment Act.

The author believes that this bill is in response to the civil unrest that is currently taking place in Greece. The author believes that this is what is going to happen to the US in the near future and the government is ramping up preparations for it. One of the interesting things that the author points out is this language in the bill:

" A bill entitled the National Emergency Centers Establishment Act (HR 645) was introduced in the US Congress in January. It calls for the establishment of six national emergency centers in major regions in the US to be located on existing military installations.

The stated purpose of the "national emergency centers" is to provide "temporary housing, medical, and humanitarian assistance to individuals and families dislocated due to an emergency or major disaster." In actuality, what we are dealing with are FEMA internment camps. HR 645 states that the camps can be used to "meet other appropriate needs, as determined by the Secretary of Homeland Security."

He also goes on to say that the camps will be modeled after Guantanamo but I can find nothing in th bill that mentions it.

Link

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackJackal

this is the part I like

in section 2 you get
(a) In General- In accordance with the requirements of this Act, the Secretary of Homeland Security shall establish not fewer than 6 national emergency centers on military installations.

But go down one paragraph and the very first line reads

(a) In General- Not later than 60 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the Secretary of Defense, shall designate not fewer than 6 military installations as sites for the establishment of national emergency centers.

Sounds like they want this put in place double quick... as in before summer ends

[edit on 17-3-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackJackal

I must say good job on finding this article can't wait till more people sew this! Good work!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
this is not new news, just wrapped in a new package.

similar things took place in WW2.

better wake up america!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Star and Flag - Thanks for the informative post. A couple of questions: Has this Bill been passed into law? Also, is this Mr. Hastings the former judge who was fired for taking bribes?
Most emergency response centers as far as I can remember, have been done through private sector: churches, civic organizations, Red Cross, etc. Even with Katrina, the military just helped with evacuations and food and supplies and levy repairs.
I don't think they actually had their own facilities to "house" people. It's just really scary, if this is all true.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Your kidding yourself if you believe they are not smart enough to see whats on the horizon. The government has think tanks that work on scenarios and how to protect against them.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

Thankfully, it has yet to be passed into law. As of now, it is referred to committee.

Link

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
This bill was introduced by
Rep. Alcee Hastings [D-FL23]
on Jan. 22, 2009

cosponsored by
Steve Cohen [D-TN9]
Artur Davis [D-AL7]
Jim Gerlach [R-PA6]

Last Action:
Feb 6, 2009: House Armed Services: Referred to the Subcommittee on Terrorism, Unconventional Threats and Capabilities.

H.R. 645

It has nothing to do with what is going on in Greece

Not saying it is a good thing.... just old and still sitting in committee

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
hmm... Kinda makes me wonder if these things are already agreed upon and staged. That way, if they need it, they pull it out of the hat for a quick vote and it becomes another example of the US Govt working in a surprisingly quick manner, when in reality, it had been planned for years and already setup ready for deployment.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I don't care how much preparation they do.

It's not like I'm prepared for a picnic.

Nothing worth doing will ever be easy, but it will never be impossible either.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The HR 645 I found has to do with withdrawal of troops from Iraq, and is from 2007. Do they recycle HR Numbers?

thomas.loc.gov...:H.R.645:

"110th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. R. 645

To provide for the withdrawal of United States Armed Forces from Iraq, to authorize assistance for Iraq, and for other purposes.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

January 23, 2007

Mr. PRICE of North Carolina (for himself, Mr. MILLER of North Carolina, Mr. LEWIS of Georgia, Ms. VELAZQUEZ, Ms. JACKSON-LEE of Texas, Mr. FATTAH, and Mr. BISHOP of New York) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Foreign Affairs, and in addition to the Committee on Armed Services, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the jurisdiction of the committee concerned "

Anyway the OP bill doesnt look like a death camp bill to me. It looks like some lucky politicians get to spend a bunch of money on their buddies companies building stuff at military bases, that will probably be abandoned in a few years anyway.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer.

Did you search for HR 645 on ATS? There are a lot of posts.

But who am I to stop a rehash?

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
You mean the kind of civil unrest that occurs when a corrupt federal government fights wars the majority of its people don't want to be in, starts taking away more of its citizens rights, and continues to raises taxes to pay for the retarded spending of the wars and bailouts.

Hrm, it almost seems like the government knows they're corrupt and f***ed up and are planning the best way how to keep their unlimited power over the people...

Forget internment camps, just wait until most of the citizens wake up and start protesting the federal government. The federal government will start using G-20 style riot squads, weapons, and vehicles to protect itself from its own people.

How is that in the best interest of the people of America? In is only in the best interest of the government so they will be able to cling to power.

Everyone outside of the government can't be a terrorist. That must be flip-flopped. America's homegrown terrorists are the corrupt in power now. They terrorize us physically and emotionally by creating absurd laws, enforcing them, and by taking half of our pay check only to spend it on more ways to control us.

One lunatic with a pistol or bomb is not our major problem. He can only do so much damage. Those who are in control, who continuously try to erode our rights one by one, and will do anything to keep sucking the tit of power are the ones who are terrorizing everyone.

If it ever gets this far, our only hope is that the brainwashed zombie riot squad soldiers come to a realization that they are people too. They could simply turn around and fight the real enemy. They need to realize that they should not help the powerful corrupt get what they want. They should help the people get what they want.

Don't be a pawn! Be a knight in shining armor that does good for your country!

new topics

top topics

join