It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you are truly willing to live in nature? The Commune Experience

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Hello Freeborn,

I consider your idea as a serious thought you might have been contemplating.

Let me tell you, if you really want to make this happen I can help you.

I am a mechanical engineer from Bangalore(India) who wants to do something really

unique!

I just discovered that people from outside India, like you are more than

willing to settle in here in India.

I will help you find that "just the place you have been looking for".

Karnataka is a southern major state of India and consists hell a lot of

variety of places!!

It has even sea routes open to the west and the western ghats are known

to be greenest place around here!

I can take care of everything you need, starting from travel, construction

of a suitable habitat for you also at the same time taking care of your

safety and all the complexities involved in buying a land!!

Let me know if you are interested. We can start off right away!!

Write back!

Enjoy!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Most communes of the 60s & 70s didn't work because of the "do your own thing" mentality. Any commune/village will fail if the people can't work together for the common good.

You might think "the more people we have the easier things will be", however, consider the quote in my signature. Sometimes, less is much more productive.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by SheaWolf]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by freebourn

Why does it have to be a commune of 20 or so people? Why not all just go into nature and live off the land solo?? That requires no investment whatsoever and can be started within 48 hours.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by freebourn
reply to post by polarwarrior

If we are a group of 20 people.
Living of the land will be very easy!

5 people goes hunting
5 people goes fishing
3 people work a small field
2 people make improvments to our habitat
5 people help around, cooking and making tools

You're going to need more than 3 people to grow crops for 20. Unless you have over 100 acres majority of your land will need to function for growing some type of crops (and not just food even), rather than just a "small field".

You're going to want to check up on land prices in your target region (step one).

Check for micro-regions where other people of your home state and potential thinking have also 'colonized', for better odds of assimilation.

Check gun laws of your target region.

Check seed importation laws. Will you be able to bring in an exotic seed bank with you for prosperity, or will they limit you to what is local?

We can find more food then we need. Clean sources of water everywhere in parvatti. Around 800 waterfalls lol. Not to mention the massive Parvatti river. That place has enough to go around

I'm kind of confused. It was my understanding that India is one of the most densely populated and undernourished locations on earth, and one of the key hot spot regions for looming "Water Wars"? Even if it isn't in your target region, property prices must be a fortune (relatively).

You're best bet might be to scrounge (Craigslist, yards sales, thrift stores, etc) up materials , tools and other equipment at 'home' for a year, and then pack a 40' shipping container to the brim and ship it all there in one shot, rather than move there and be limited to what can be acquired locally. Shipping a 40' container to Argentina cost something like $4,000. Show up with a biodiesel processor and the like, to have a solid business plan.

And why India? You'll be HARD PRESSED to assimilate. Argentina might be a vastly better destination for you, and plenty of people are already moving there from everywhere else.

Originally posted by DClairvoyant
Society needs to get money out of the picture and crack down on the corporate laws and interest's who really do own everything we have even us. Once people wake up to this a lot more action can be taken against the perpretrator's who's only interest in us are our money.

What does your Zeitgeist Movement propaganda have anything to do with surviving in India??

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I'm planning on doing such a commune thing as part of a social experiment
...I want to prove that people will NOT fail, when they unite.

But it's hard to find people who want to join. It's not like I hate society and I wanna get out. I just want to find out if communes can work.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I would go with you all, but you all seem to be thinking it is going to be like lost or some reality show, I will be still upon arivel, we would live nicely, if people would be willing to agree that we are the outsiders, and if this thing was going to work out peacefully. you all must overstand the comitment.

Nevermind i am sure this stuff has been worked out.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Sorry! I need my HOT water and DEET. The Utopian society as such is only an illusion, too. My reality right now requires me to have electrical power (via oil companies) for the computer so that I could log online and post nonsense, if you will, on open forum discussion board.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by girisharnold

This is EXACTLY what I've been thinking for awhile now, I'm now 25. I haven't really looked into exactly where yet but with help from a man like above India seems like it would be great.

I just want to live in peace....

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I've also been thinking about this for about a year. But, it's a bit tough getting the family to move too. I'm not going to leave them behind.

My mother said she would probably go in a couple of years. She knows about the elite, so I'm not sure why she would want to wait. I'm afraid in a couple of years it's to late.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Jonko]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I would love to live off the grid somewhere, dont fancy India tho .

If I had the money to buy some land here in Ireland, deep in the country somewhere then I would definatley make a start myself on living self sufficiently.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I hear there are plenty of cows in India that are free for the taking. For some reson the locals don't like them. We could have one heck of a BBQ.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I have been living your dream for more than five years now in Mexico. I lived alone in the jungle in Quintana Roo and now am moving to an established ranch in Vera Cruz where I will love alone ](except for occasional weekends) I love it! Yes, there are animals, snakes scorpions, etc but that is the least of your problems. In Q Roo the soil is terrible, the jungle is full of insects that eat the few things that actually grow. My greatest sucess was with chickens and eggs. My new ranch has mature producing fruit trees and fertile soil. I will again raise chickens, hopefully a milk producing animal ( rams are my current idea) and bees, There is a pond stocked with perch. the biggest problem I have faced is with the local people. Racism, sexism, superstitions, etc. I was friends with most people in the nearby pueblo but the few that didn´t want me there made life miserable at times. You will be an American no matter how long you are in a foreign place and how well you speak their language.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Something that I forget to mention. Most area of Mexico are no longer acepting the US dollar. I found out this week that HSBC (owned by the Brits) and Santander (owned by Bank of America) told me that Mexico and most the world is no longer accepting dollars. Supposedly this is to hurt the narco trafficantes that have lots of dollars to spend. But the border areas are still accepting dollars with lots of identification and records. This is something to think about for those of you planning to bring your savings out of the US. I ran around all week with few pesos and more in worthless US bills.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
So,
They have Tigers in India but I cannot have guns?
You say the cops are openly crooked?
And the land to be paid for I cannot own?
The pictures were beautiful btw.
But I’ll stick to bears and mountain lions….and my guns.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I believe this is how we were supposed to live in harmony with nature, notice how people feel good watching the ocean or a lake or mountains or simply the color green and blue.

Maybe a mix of nature and technology that is "nature compatible" that doesn't harm mother nature would be a good mix, the best of both world

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by freebourn

It is most certainly an excellent idea. I know of several churches in my area which are doing exactly that. They find huge pieces of land in the middle of nowhere and the church and many of its congregation congregate to that land building houses and buildings and such and so forth. I wouldn't want to live in India however. I'm a Red White and Blue blooded American so I prefer to live in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave. At least here I am assured of my rights at least for the time being or as long as the American people don't let some foreign born muslim take away our God-given rights. God Bless America!!

<< 4  5  6   >>

join