It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free State Project membership hits 10,000

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
There are so many complaints about how America is becoming a fascist regime but there are few that understand one of the very few possible solutions are the Free State Project, which just hit its 10,000th member this month, just ahead of one of their annual convention... the Liberty Forum, where this year the "star speaker" will be Judge Napolitano who is best known for his show on Fox News.

In a way, they are the tea party on steroids, with regular meetups as well as unplanned events on a continual basis throughout the state. Instead of becoming owned by party politics they continue to generally detest all politicians. Its members all intend to physically move from wherever they are at (either within the US or from across the globe) to the state of New Hampshire and participate in many forms of activism for freedom. Some of their more bold activists frequently make the news by doing things like gardening in areas where gardening is illegal, doing puppet shows without a license, and more notably smoking marijuana in public.

Despite that less than 1,000 of the 10,000 have made the move so far, they have made quite a big impact. For example, Free State Project members have four to six seats on the state senate. Many of them participate in politics but many others detest the idea of politics, choosing to do entirely non-political things such as civil disobedience or supporting alternatives to the US dollar. In fact, I'll be supporting one or more of the members in helping promote the use of silver as a currency in New Hampshire retail venues. I can't wait to see what kind of progress is made with that alternative currency project.

Now that membership has hit 10,000 there are rumors that quite a lot of people will start moving over into New Hampshire. If just 800 can do what they've done in New Hamshire I'm very optimistic about what an even higher influx of members will do.

Edit - Please add you opinion! I'd appreciate any and all thoughts on the Free State Project!

[edit on 16-3-2010 by truthquest]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
This makes me happy.

I am not a member of the free state project but I am in support of their ideas of freedom. I wish them luck, and I would join them if I could.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I need to do a lot of reading about silver as currency, acohol as fuel, permaculture, the real financial history of the USA and where to live to make the community happen.

Realtors are not bad people. The model of zoning and business regulation is less gearged toward community and more geared toward pushing up the cost of real estate including pushing for influx from buyers that have no stake in keeping the local business model going.

Savannah Georgias' layout forces the hand of the local realtors to conform to a model that allows cottege industries to flourish.

Local Realtors with roots in the community industries can get together and push for a better freeer community business model.

It would be good to have some good township models established by group of community minded people that helps to end the slavery of being run by selfish corporate interests and to help stabilize small communities. A community of small businesses and farms can be a Corporation too.

There are tons of free energy sources around us to tap into.

When the government has energy there is tyranny.
When the people have energy there is freedom.

delete
edit

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The free state project is awesome.

I think the only way the federal government will get the message is for a state to blow them off.

It needs to happen now.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
This is all great news and all but in the few years since I've moved to NH (largely due to the FSP) I've noticed the state legislature take a slight but noticeable turn to the totalitarian side and on a street level there is much backlash against the FSP from the long-time locals. Some of it rightly deserved. Most of it not.

NH is sitting on the edge of some very important changes. The sense I'm getting is that it could go either way at any moment. The Massholes have been active in killing NH. The BATF has been hammering local shops for nuisance penalties like selling ammo to some slave state resident here on vacation. The armed protesting is polarizing the residents giving the unaware a reason to notice the 'lack of gun-control' so the Massholes can swoop in and promise Utopian gun-free dreams like they have in MA which is making the liberty side become increasingly aggressive and protectionist which goes right back to scaring the morons into adopting totalitarian policies for the illusion of safety.

My fingers are crossed it goes the right way.

top topics

join