It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could make one wish

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Hello ATS, I have been thinking for awhile now about if I had one wish and what would that wish be. After much thought, watching shows where the person can make a wish, and asking friends and family what they would wish for, I noticed a trend where they all wished for wealth, power, and to live forever.

So, if you had one wish what would it be and why? please explain why you chose this wish. I will share with you my wish and why.

I wish to know everything about everything without any ill affects.

The reason I wish to know everything is, by knowing everything I can help advance everything in existence, imagination, with knowing everything comes the ability to do anything, make as much money one needs, have as much power as one wants, ultimately knowing everything one would not need these things.

You may ask what is the point in knowing everything? Wouldn't life become meaningless? Is not learning one of the points of life? the very thing that drives one to move forward? This very well me be the case, but now with knowing everything I can as I said help advance everything, help everyone, and anything. It would not be about me anymore, it would be about everything.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by I think Im normal

Hi!

For my two children to have happy (or if not happy) contented lives. Seems there is so much unhappiness/uncertainty/bleakness and negativism these days.

Peace!

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Time travel back to the 80s and live it up.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

Hi!

or the late 60's and early 70's and er....I can't remember.....

Peace!

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smell The Roses

Haha, what would be your reason for traveling back to the 80's?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This seems simple to me.
To have the power to make people, be it a individual, or a group say only the absolute truth while focused on them...so, like watching a live television show where some politician is saying something, either turn on the device or whatnot and suddenly the politician is saying live in front of the nation exactly what he is doing and why...

would immediately focus it on people I believe are holding truths over the people...find out once and for all the full truth of: Aliens, UFOs, Political Agendas, etc...suddenly the world becomes a more productive place.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I would like to see death and come back and say what it actually is.

I have posed this question to people all the time.. my goes along the lines of..

If you can have 1 wish you knew would come true what you it be, but you aint allowed money and power.

Good question.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by I think Im normal

Originally posted by Smell The Roses

Haha, what would be your reason for traveling back to the 80's?

Big hair, good music, and money.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by I think Im normal

If I could make one wish what would I wish for?

I would wish that the political system was not so rife with corrupt individuals.

Plain and simple, that our leadership actually stood for what it said it did, committed the actions it promised, never took a lobbying group or special interest groups money, had their bank accounts and private lives, completely public.

And that they had the same exact Medical Coverage as every other American.

All of that is covered under the same wish, because if it's not corrected, it will forever bankrupt our nation, when we need people to lead us who we can trust, period.

In other words, that they actually did their damn job, for America, not to spite America.

[edit on 16-3-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
My one wish would be: "I wish to have the ability to do absolutely anything that I want at any moment with the only negative consequences being from my actions, not some catch 22 from making this wish in the first place."

Essentially, that covers everything, and there's no tricks. There's no "I'll give it to you but you have to sell your soul" type of deal, there's no "you get the power to do anything, but only if you can snap your fingers, and by making this wish the first thing that will happen is that you lose all your fingers", so on and so forth. All you get is full power.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I would wish to wish for nothing.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I think this a pretty good idea.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I would wish to have 10 more wishes.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I'm becoming increasingly unhappy with what I see in the world.

The oppression of individuals bothers me a lot. Even those who live in a country with liberal laws can be at the mercy of an oppressive family.

All or most living things can be designated as predator or prey. I hate the system here where we all have to eat so much to stay alive.

Some have so much and some have so little.

I wish I could think of one wish that would solve all these things that concern me.

Failing that - I should like to wish for warm feet because I've currently got frostbite. (Or something that looks alarmingly like it)

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I would want to know that not one scum human, would i ever have the misfortune of having in my company again. Give me animals over humans any day.

I can see why so many people love there dogs or cats more than any human in there life.

I would not want wealth or power, i would just want to be left to live out this one life in peace, away from scum.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The wave
Saturn Fx
Andy
Thichheaded
Berenike

I share your wishes.
Mine: That everyone loved one another as much as they loved their own.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
There are many things I would like to wish for.

However, I would wish to go back to the 90s back when I was a little kid, back before everything started to change in my world.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
If I was allowed to have one wish only, it would be to have an infinite number of wishes.
Then I could wish for anything I wanted, or anything I could think of later on in life.

As I like to say, hind sight is 20/20, and it would really suck if somewhere down the road I think I should have chose a different wish when I had the chance.

Also, if I had an infinite number of wishes I would grant all the wishes to those who posted before me.

So, who is granting me my wish?

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I wish that I have an infinite amount of wishes, and that I can make my wishes come true by saying "I wish", then saying what I wish for, then snapping my fingers!

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
That humanity learn and show compassion and understanding of themselves and the world.. Along with humanity moving beyond the barbarism, bloodshed, religion, politics and assorted primitive behaviors they use to justify destroying themselves and the world.. Maybe one day.. Ahh well one can dream..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join