It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IN PICTURES / Danish artist dresses her baby as Hitler, exploring the meaning of evil

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
reply to post by star in a jar

The way things are going, by 2040 having dressed as Hitler won't mean anything to anyone. "Who's Hitler" will the be response. I just think its stupid that the woman thinks she can explore the 'meaning of evil' in this manner. Just a publicity seeker in my opinion.

It worked.

This thread and the articles about this woman prove it.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Your response is what I was hoping for. I didn't mean to come off harsh, I was just trying to get you to think a little bigger, and not be reactionary.

Admitting that you have some room to think about the issue now is very much what needs to happen more when debating any topic. I'm not telling you what your opinion should be on anything, I just want you to apply some critical thinking. Your response was surprising and refreshing!

This is why controversial things like this are fantastic, they give us an opportunity to examine ourselves. Bravo to the artist for accomplishing that, as evinced here in this thread.

To Doctor J, I am certain that the child would be much more eager to make a cup of juice disappear than 6 million Jews.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It seems like this woman is just using her baby and a controversial costume to bring attentio to her art.

It doesn't make me angry or happy, but it does make me suspicious. Just another case of someone fishing for their fifteen minutes of fame.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by litmuspaper
It seems like this woman is just using her baby and a controversial costume to bring attentio to her art.

It doesn't make me angry or happy, but it does make me suspicious. Just another case of someone fishing for their fifteen minutes of fame.

So how exactly does one produce something controversial, with the goal of getting people to think, without drawing attention to themselves or their art?

Based on the discussion in this thread alone, it's easy to see that she has managed to stir the old pot a bit. Kudos to her for that.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by suicydking

It depends on the motivation.

I just think her motivation comes from another place than you do, nothing wrong with that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join