It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IN PICTURES / Danish artist dresses her baby as Hitler, exploring the meaning of evil

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

IN PICTURES / Danish artist dresses her baby as Hitler, exploring the meaning of evil

www.haaretz.com

"We all have evil within us. Even small children are evil towards each other," Danish-Norwegian artist Nina Maria Kleivan tells Haaretz as she explains why she chose to dress up her baby daughter as the most evil historical figures of the 20th century.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

"Even my daughter could end up ruling Denmark with an iron fist. The possibility is still there. You never know."

In a photo-series "Potency," Kleivan's daughter Faustina, is depicted as famous/ infamous personalities as Joseph Stalin, Benito Mussolini, Saddam Hussein, Ayatollah Khomeini, Chairman Mao, Idi Amin, Augusto Pinochet, Slobodan Milosevic, and Adolf Hitler.

The aim is to illustrate just one thing: We all begin life the same. We all have every opportunity ahead of us. To do good, or inexplicable evil.

Though I agree with the aim but I disagree with making a kid wear these clothes for public exhibition without their consent. I dont have any problem with anyone wearing swastika etc or looking like Hitler, Stalin or Aerial Sharon etc. for their personal choice. Nothing wrong with it. But IMO babies who cannot consent should not be allowed as exhibition me thinks.

www.haaretz.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
We are seriously going to over-react to this? No, not me. Not this time.

We've got depopulation going on and we're worried about whether or not this baby was dressed as evil figures against her will.

I assure you, the baby had a great time playing dress-up with mama, and mama made and excellent point.

I doubt the girl is going to have a nervous breakdown when she grows up and sees the pictures. If she's smart, she will see the message as well.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

This Artist seems to need some publicity - guess what? He won!

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
No George W? Aww.

Anyway I love this photo essay, what an adorable little devil this child is!

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

"Though I agree with the aim but I disagree with making a kid wear these clothes for public exhibition without their consent. I dont have any problem with anyone wearing swastika etc or looking like Hitler, Stalin or Aerial Sharon etc. for their personal choice. Nothing wrong with it. But IMO babies who cannot consent should not be allowed as exhibition me thinks. "

Why not let a kid wear it? I mean it's not like he gives a damn? It is symbolic art to bring forth a point and if it has to be done in this way then so be it.

And do your litle baby's give you consent to dress them up in cerntain clothes? How do you know your baby likes the new pants you bought him? give me a break about baby's consenting please.

Don't start to make a fuss about this story because frankly there is nothing to make a fuss about. Its just your imagination trying to find new ways of hating humanity.

Stop being negative about everything and try to relax

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
i know i shouldnt laugh but, double freekin LAWL at that pic!

reminds me of the bruno movie!

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reminds me of this => KIDDY

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
What if one day she's in a position of authority and someone digs this photo up to discredit her or something?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by colloredbrothers

except that ones a poor photoshop job, and this ones an actual baby dressed as hitler

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

The Kid looks like a toddler they have no conset... Why do you get upset over silly little things, The Lady is trying to prove a point ya know...

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Oh please.

God gave me cute little babies. I dressed them up for public exposure in all manners of goofy cute adorable attention grabbing clothes to show off my perfect precious angels!!

That is a parents god given right.

My favorite outfit was a pig onesie, both my munchikins wore it.

And lord only knows what I had the kids dressed as for Halloween, maximum exposure and exploitation there!

This mother has done nothing wrong, and her child is a spoiled brat if she grows up and disses her momma for this photo display.

Please.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
People are idiots, some of whom want to draw attention to themselves.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
It's coz just for "public exhibition" its distasteful..if it were for personal use or wearing for himself and going out I'd have no prob with it. But using kids for "exhibition" is not good IMO.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
It's coz just for "public exhibition" its distasteful..if it were for personal use or wearing for himself and going out I'd have no prob with it. But using kids for "exhibition" is not good IMO.

Do you boycott films and sitcoms that have toddlers and infants appearing in them? Do you boycott products that use infants & toddlers to advertise? Just curious how deep your convictions lie.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by suicydking

Thinking about that made me reflect I actually don't go out of my way to boycott things which exhibits kids on ever day items like baby food etc. But atleast those things are not controversial. Perhaps i may be wrong due to MSM highlighting this issue. You have merit in your statement though, I agree.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I dont know how to expand upon this thought, so here is it is.

Controversy is in the eye of the beholder.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
O.M.G. the baby wont even remember it and if anything loved the attention! Even if it did remember still no harm in putting on costumes and taking pictures! Kids put on costumes of evil and some good, every Halloween! I`m jealous of the baby! What a creative idea that mom came up with. I love babys in art like that dancing baby on the computer! As long as the baby wasnt harmed like by forcing it to exterminate 6 mill jews...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
O.M.G. the baby wont even remember it and if anything loved the attention! Even if it did remember still no harm in putting on costumes and taking pictures! Kids put on costumes of evil and some good, every Halloween! I`m jealous of the baby! What a creative idea that mom came up with. I love babys in art like that dancing baby on the computer! As long as the baby wasnt harmed like by forcing it to exterminate 6 mill plus jews and 4 mill plus others. But then the baby would dress as the Ayatollah and deny the holocaust ever happened so... ya.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

The way things are going, by 2040 having dressed as Hitler won't mean anything to anyone. "Who's Hitler" will the be response. I just think its stupid that the woman thinks she can explore the 'meaning of evil' in this manner. Just a publicity seeker in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join