It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rove: Obama ‘let a cowboy president violate the Constitution’ in Honduras

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
rawstory.com...

There are some analogies one might expect Karl Rove to stay away from. But the former Bush adviser on Monday described the Honduran president in terms that may sound eerily familiar to some descriptions of his former boss.

Appearing on ABC's "Top Line," Rove attacked the Obama administration over a series of alleged foreign policy missteps arising, he said, from insufficient "groundwork."

"We saw it in Honduras," Rove said. "Where, rather than monitoring the situation, [the Obama administration] let a cowboy president try to act in an extra-constitutional way to violate a fundamental principle in the Constitution, all without having done their homework in advance."

Cowboy president?

Proof positive that the neocons think that everyone is brain dead and they can rewrite history, because no one can remember their crimes, corruption and lies.

Either that or they are brain dead and actually have a hard time discerning the truth.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

The cowboying was over said Honduran prez trying to extend his term limit after being rebuked by his own legislature, supreme court and the top general in his army. With a little help from Hugo Chavez. Big difference from our last president who despite his "cowboy" ways still had support from members of both political parties. I mean didn't such upstanding politicians go along with Bush's wars? Some claim now to be against them but they still approved the wars in the first place. Watch and see how this administration plays out before throwing too many stones at Bush and his administration.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
What baffles me to no end is why Rove thinks he is in a position to talk trash. Just like Cheney thinks HE gets to criticize.
Rove and Cheney both think they both did a wonderful job for the US. They have appointed themselves critics, as if they had earned that place.

They both helped to manually manipulate the US into its current state, but hey, who's paying attention?

Criticizing other politicians is a clever attempt among said politicians to bring down their opponents and to distract the masses from their own misdeeds.

Nice find, OP.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Exactly.

OP Yes, Rove and all the other career sock puppets in Washington are asshats but he hit this one on target.

I guess if GW decided to run for a third term, it would be the same thing as what the Honduras President tried to do. You would have loved a third term of GW wouldn't you have? C'mon, GW is your BESTEST PRESIDENT EVER?!

And the idiot in chief actually was siding for the this very thing.

Admit it whaa, it was very stupid stance for the Admin to back a president of a FOREIGN country, trying to break that countries Constitution.

C'mon, you can do it, you can say Obama's Admin REALLY screwed up on that one.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Hmm .. I missed the part where it was the United States job to protect the Honduran Constitution?

I pray there will be a time when Rove and Cheney fade from public light, so we don't have to listen to the BS that they projectile vomit all over our news.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Not to worry RockPuck, Satan will be calling his boys home soon enough. You can bet on that.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Why am I not surprised that you would align yourself with Rove.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

No, his points are well valid.. Democrats authorized the Wars. Some claim ignorance at the time.. personally, your best bet is to despise em all.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Now I understand what this thread was referring to. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Are you two in cahoots? Looks like it!

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Thats Rove.. He loves to juust take the heal of his boots and dig it into the back of your skull. Inevitably pushing your face further into the heaping pile of sh!t his idle, his crush, and his savior left for us in his wake. gotta love Rove...

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Do you mean that Obama is letting other countries handle their own problems???

What a concept.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

It is just amazing howmuch of a complete hypocrite Karl Rove is. First of all, who is he to talk about following the constitution? This man knew full well the doings of the Bush administration so why does he talk? Did he completely wipe his mind of the evident hypocrisy?

Second of all, Obama 'let' the Honduran president violate the constitution? What is Obama to send the US military to every single place to 'liberate' it? Why doesnt Karl Rove get the memo that we are not the police of the world. Cowboy? Whos he calling a cowboy? We had a cowboy in office for 8years who stoop on the constitution and he stoop right next to him?

This guy is a complete hypocrite, it is just astounding how anybody can claim he 'hit the nail' on anything.

In the case of the Honduras situation, nobody here can come out say they 100% understand the situation. The president was accused of lengthening his term in office when no such thing had been done as of yet, and his opponents decided to overthrow him without proper process to install a military lead government. I dont think the rightwing are fully aware of the situation other than 'this is just another leftest president who is probably guilty'.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
but he hit this one on target.

Anybody who critical of Obama 'hits the target' for you endisnighe. It wasnt too long ago you were crying you eyes out of the 'two wars' this president was continuing and how its not our business, now you agree with a hypocritical neocon over the fact we didnt take action on another nations situation. Really now?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Heh, all that was needed from the Obama administration was a condemnation of the acts of the former Honduran president. But I forget that the liberal hero Chavez was involved and the guy just poops gold.
I'd hate to see any US president try and get himself a third term by circumventing the US Constitution. That would be a self serving act contrary to our "principles". But if you want one person to run a country for life their are still many places for you to go live.
Sorry guys no gang work here
I like Rove and Cheney, since Obama broke the old unspoken rule about talking bad about your predecessor
GW never said boo about how the Clintons took more than the towels and stationary when they left the White House. AND I have to hear Holder, Pelosi and Reid spout some heavy handed garbage. It seems fitting. The rules of decorum have really changed haven't they?

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Where exactly did I say I agreed with Rove on doing ANYTHING?

I agreed with Rove on the Admin's position that they wanted the country to allow him to break the Constitution of their DAMN country.

Quit trying to put words in my mouth.

I do well enough for myself, thank you.

I am not and never will be a Neo Con.

Sorry to break your bubble of bull, but just because someone is a Neo Con, does not mean everything they say is wrong. BUT, someone here thinks ANYTHING a Liberal Progressive Dem says is holier than thou.

Sorry, I back the Admin's position on attacking the Israel position on expanding again, see THAT, I can admit when somone on the other side gets something right.

But people like you and others CANNOT EVER admit when someone not in your TENT, gets something right, because it makes your party look like idiots.

So, the OP accusing people of being forum gangs, because people like me that do not want misrepresentation of facts to be the NORM here at ATS, can kiss my tookis. Ooooh I said tookis.

join