It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch out for emotional rhetoric to try and demonize private business.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Emotional entrapment to push an agenda, watch for it.

I have noticed a lot of emotional hit pieces over the last 6 months, demonizing all businesses, using things that the Mega Corporations are doing, to try and get people to bypass their normal skepticism.

Yes, the things they are stating are usually true more often than not. But you have to look beyond the emotional response they are trying to get.

Ask yourself what it is they are trying to accomplish by getting you angry. Emotions bypass the normal intellectual questioning that people do.

Sorry, but small private businesses have been taking a hit over the last 30-40 years. The GOVERNMENT is in bed with big business, not small business. Why do you think the regulations that are passed are 95% of the time detrimental to small business and does not effect big business at all?

When you see these pieces that demonize all business, ask yourself why they demonize all business and not the ones committing the offenses. The reason is more than likely to make people think that all business is detrimental to you. Where does this lead? It leads to more and more regulations to control all business and to destroy smaller business interests.

If you like Mega Corporations, continue to call for more and more regulations. If you like working for Mega Corporations through that temp service, continue calling for more regulations. If you want less and less freedoms, keep calling for more regulations. If you want government to tell you what you should and should not eat, keep pushing for more regulations-because we all know that the FDA and EPA have your best interests at heart. /s

Oh, and if you actually want to make a difference for the good. Frequent your local businesses and QUIT going to the Mega Grocers, Quit going to Wal-Mart, Quit feeding the BEAST.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
i agree, spend a dollar in walmart and it immediately leaves your community. not to mention the item you bought was produced in a factory in some third world asian country for pennies by a company that outsourced all of their jobs for larger profits. but don't worry, i'm sure they are very concerned about you and your family.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
If you want government to tell you what you should and should not eat, keep pushing for more regulations-because we all know that the FDA and EPA have your best interests at heart. /s

Sorry End, I gotta call you out on a little factual error.

Those govt regulating agencies don't have any hearts. They're evil soulless entities bent on the destruction of the little guy.

You're right about how the regulatory agencies do nothing but drive down the little guy to keep the big corporations from having to deal with competition.

The costs associated with regulatory compliance are small potatoes to most big corporations but, they are a BIG DEAL to most small companies. Enough of a big deal to discourage many entrepreneurs from even trying to start their own business.

Big corporations are glad to pay a little bit of their revenue to comply with regulations as long as it discourages competition. They see it as being cheaper to comply with a few costly regulations than it would be to have to actually face competition. Heaven knows, if they had any real competition, they might be forced to find a way to lower their prices, improve their products or, HEAVEN FORBID, actually provide good service to their customers.

Complying with a few regulations is definitely cheaper than having to wage economic warfare against every start-up who seeks to take a bit of their market share. It's cheaper to buy out their opponents after they have been bankrupted by trying to comply with government regulators.

More government regulations and control is always good for the big corporation's bottom line. That's the way they were designed right from the start.

Regulations force monopoly onto the private sector until we are all forced to work for one huge mega-corporation that controls everything.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Your breakdown was excellent and made me think of an analogy.

The government is the enforcer of the mafia/corporations. They get paid by their bosses while collecting from the bosses competitors. Frelling excellent setup for them, just a detriment to the rest of us.

I find it either truly ignorant or telling that people here, cannot see that regulations (95% of which are written by the Mega Corps) are the cause of the things they bitch about. It never ceases to amaze me that they point out things, like the problems with food or other products and that the government is enforcing the very things they complain about. I don't know, I am trying to fight the ignorance, but sometimes it is like-:bnghd:

Thanks for the comment FortAnthem.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Very well put, couldn't agree more, save mom and pop stores and businesses. SCREW WALMART AND TARGET and any other big corp. Feck them all to hell.

I will spend $20 for one bolt at a personally owned Hardware Hank before i step foot in a Home Despot, yea I spelled it right.

I will spend $6.00 for a loaf of bread at the local bakery that is privately owned before I shop at Cub Foods or Rainbow. At least I know what is in the bread then.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

I like your use of Home Despot.

The area we live in has our own little despot but at least he is an American.

We have John Menard and his Menard's stores. No Home Despot or Lowe's.

One thing Menard's does do, is they have a manufacturing facility here in the states. Wow, real work and not just positions scanning China stuff. There is China stuff, just not all of it. His store does try to carry as many American made products as possible.

I think some of us in America have to start using this business environment to bring back work. Start businesses that promote USA products. And that is United States of America, NOT Usa Japan.

There is a conspiracy for people here.

Ever hear of the town in Japan they renamed to Usa? That way they could label it, Made in Usa. Pretty sneaky Japs huh? Gotta love em. Oh well, the Government Motors is getting em back for that one. This of course is a rumor, not factual. Just some light sided humor.

[edit on 3/16/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by murphyhurtme

If I spend my money in my local corner shop,does my local shopkeeper come over all philanthropic and start supporting the local community,like hell he does,he feathers his own nest.I shop at tescos at least ther s no pretense,and the prices are cheaper

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jondav

With your attitude, do not complain about having a low paying job than.

Yes, your keeper may invest it, guess what, that still helps the local economy, as long as he invests in a local investment.

For every dollar spent, seven more are created by the flow of the money. If you take that one dollar out of the local economy, you just lost that 7 dollars. Yes, that person may not do the same, but they may.

Macroeconomics fundamental, if the money stays in the local area, it multiplies the economy by 7. Basic Macro.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
And here is another law hidden in the Health Care legislation that is really going to hurt small businesses.

money.cnn.com...

And yes, you read it right. It's from CNN.

top topics

join