It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Flow, What is it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
There's something very odd going on in space - something that shouldn't be possible. It is as though vast swathes of the universe are being hoovered up by a vast and unseen celestial vacuum cleaner. The accidental discovery of what is ominously being called `dark flow' not only has implications for the destinies of large numbers of galaxies.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
This is interesting, I watched a program last week or week before on bbc2 called, "is everything we know about the universe wrong" or something like that, it was talking about dark matter then dark energy then dark flow, its seems according to the scientists that this dark flow is just the name given to something they dont understand they dont know what it is but apparently its there but they cant explain it , I will see if I can find it online if your interested, it was an interesting program.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by union_jack
There's something very odd going on in space - something that shouldn't be possible. It is as though vast swathes of the universe are being hoovered up by a vast and unseen celestial vacuum cleaner. The accidental discovery of what is ominously being called `dark flow' not only has implications for the destinies of large numbers of galaxies.

We don't know what it is that is why the phenomenon has picked up the 'dark' name they give to new things in space we don't understand.

There is a school of thought that says it is caused by the effects of a nearby universe, in other words we are in a multiverse.

In this scenario our universe is a bubble and we are somehow connected to this other bubble universe and our matter is being drawn towards and possibly into this other universe.

Actually it galaxies are not being sucked up but are all moving very quickly in one specific direction, towards a single point.

There is another school of thought that states that the universe itself maybe a black hole, we are all inside this black hole and the point that all matter is rushing towards is the singularity.

But who knows, maybe we will find out one day but right at this time, anyone’s idea is as good as anyone else’s.

Peace out,

Korg.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
found the program on youtube its in 6 parts very interesting

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
That youtube upload is fantastic, thank you for sharing this...U/J

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
It's also available on BBC iPlayer in one stream and better quality.

I'll be watching this tonight.

Horizon - Is Everything We Know About the Universe Wrong?

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
so all "dark flow" is , is other universes reacting with our own IMO. I dont see it as a problem, but i grew up reading DC and Marvel, so science is out the window. ...but its pretty much out the window anyway when you talk about dark matter and dark flow

I still think fractals are the answer. I dont know how or why, but....

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
so all "dark flow" is , is other universes reacting with our own IMO. I dont see it as a problem, but i grew up reading DC and Marvel, so science is out the window. ...but its pretty much out the window anyway when you talk about dark matter and dark flow

I still think fractals are the answer. I dont know how or why, but....

Actually you maybe right!

Fractals are a way to describe chaos and order from chaos and chaos from order. Which is pretty much exactly what we experience in nature. Repetition.

You may find this an interesting read..

Electro-Fractal Universe

Peace out,

korg.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Heres a thread I did on Dark Flow a while back

DARK FLOW

HOWEVER - It should be noted that "localized Fast movements of sections of the universe in a uniform direction" could easily be explained by things like The Great Attractor.

Great Attractor

Lets not forget that over 20% of the view of the cosmos is hidden from earth because of our proximity to the dusty arms of the milky way. Zone of Avoidance

with all that being said, I wouldn't be surprised if Dark flow is just something some scientists made up to explain the unexpected movement of large form structures of the universe.

Dark "stuff" doesnt interact with photons in an observable way, or radio waves for that matter. there has to be some sort of fundamental misunderstanding about the nature of the cosmos. Otherwise, why havent we physically seen the stuff yet?!?

[edit on 16-3-2010 by drsmooth23]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
My view;

The vacuum is a fluid composed of polar particles at the plank length.

Those particles are electron-positron 'pairs' - in fact one entity, two ends of a single wave.

There is only one force, electromagnetism.

Thats my take on life the universe and all the dark stuff.

Go back to Dayton Millers ether drift experiments and realize that he discovered this in the 1930's - but Einstein became the globalists poster boy because they wanted to derail physics for the next 100 years - mainly because this knowledge was used by Tesla to create free energy technology.

Try arguing that Einstein was wrong, good luck with that - he has been elevated to a demi god status by propaganda - purely to keep certain 'secret technologies' out of the public arena.

Oil is the reason why we need dark matter, energy and such crap. Without oil the secret controllers lose their greatest lever and asset.

Science is controlled - don't expect any funding when trying to look for ether drift or study the structure of the vacuum.

[edit on 16-3-2010 by Amagnon]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Mighty interesting and fun to watch S&F

But I'll have to agree with Amagnon.

An electric universe would explain this as simple as it is.

top topics

join