It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[RINGS] this is not a game

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Well, I haven't been keeping entirely up to date with the whole Rings thing, but you may have a point.

If, however, -5- is a part of the game, he's certainly the weakest element I've seen yet. The rest of the clues and backstory are so polished and intruiging, -5- just seems to be out to irritate people. I accept that this too could be a part of the game, but damn it - they could at least have hired someone who can capitalise sentences properly!

And walt, I think the reason most people refer to it as a "game" is that "events" don't usually have prizes.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeLands

And walt, I think the reason most people refer to it as a "game" is that "events" don't usually have prizes.

In the alternate reality gaming these people are used to, there is a curtain not to be pulled back and places where the players will not refer to it as a game, or break the spirit of the game. However, I'm not saying that this is an AGR, if I said it were, I would have just violated my own rule.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
But I scoff and laugh at the other four too!

It's healthy.

Many posts by 1-2-3-4 or generic clues refer to "the enemy". When you think through this, if the four want to keep their #ing preciousses hidden, then the enemy is one who would assist interlopers in finding them. That's what enmity is based on - opposition to goals and defeating your opponents' agendas and dreams.

So if -5- is the enemy of 1-2-3-4 then of course -5- is to be listened to.

Hehehe.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
What ARE the prizes anyway?

If it's knowledge, then I can get that anywhere any time from the right people around ATS.

Materialistic greed and all-powerful rings are far more of interest to megalomaniacs.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
been lookin up hints on the heiroglyphics -5- is now using but all i have got so far is this www.antiquesatoz.com... & a headache so im off to sleep

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
kinda new here, but I noticed -5- had three 3 warnings... just wondering if that has any relation to "find it among talk of three"

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   
thers not really a connection between them considering two of them are the same

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by flipper
kinda new here, but I noticed -5- had three 3 warnings... just wondering if that has any relation to "find it among talk of three"

More than likely no...

he appears to just be a lunatic, on his way to being banned...

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I believe �-5-� is running his own disinformation campaign in order to confuse other members and allow himself a better chance of winning. If other members are concentrating on his clues they won�t be working on the real clues.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by -5-
i have said it before
you have not listened

i have shown you history
you have only laughed

i have offered aid
you have scoffed

i am not playing
you are

who shall obtain the four?
who indeed.

Ah-Ha! Look who we have here. Is that you Cromeline? I'm sure it is. My but old habits die hard do they not?

Please don't be concerned over this pathetic little worm my fine old friends of ATS and Simon. He has been thinking of hunting little treasures for far too long with little or no exposure to actual human contact for many years. (It's been seven years, has it not Cromeline?)

And the time has come, and you now know no more than you did way back then. What a pitty. Everyone, as you have noticed by now, if you or someone that looks like you crosses this poor bitter person, you become his enemy for life. He has a long memory and naught to do but contemplate his several failures.

So here we are at last, yes? The long awaited quest for enlightenment as started as predicted. So where do we stand my fine fellows?

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:40 AM
link   
There's one born every minute.

Pitty about the pity.

Infernal mongrel.

* leaves, tail between legs *

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
I believe �-5-� is running his own disinformation campaign in order to confuse other members and allow himself a better chance of winning.

Very good. Yes.

As you can see by now, our confused little friend is very good at spreading his confusion and causing doubt. But very awkward at actually cooperating and contributing toward a common goal.

But, in any event. I'm sure the good work you and other members have done will easily negate his bitter comments and eventually drive him back into whatever dark cave he sprang from.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Why are your ATS points uncalculated after almost 90 posts, long-absent THREE-headed canine guardian of Hades, and what are you going to do about it?

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Another member returns? Strange.

How are we to be sure that you aren't just another part of this elaborate hoax or are you really just simply coming back to ATS?

This riddle is starting to make my head hurt.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Why are your ATS points uncalculated after almost 90 posts, long-absent THREE-headed canine guardian of Hades, and what are you going to do about it?

Um... I'm not sure what I *should* do. I've been away (as you've noticed). How does one go about getting these points and why should I have them?

Thank you for your question camouflaged incarnation of Vishnu.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Cerberus, one of the four old lines chasing what is rightfully yours?

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I do hope he's not a hoaxer I've just spent half an hour looking at ancient greek legends.
AAAADDDDDMMMMMIIIINNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join