It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how can you buy or sell the sky?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
How can you buy or sell the sky?

www85.homepage.villanova.edu...

i found this message to be truly inspiring, so i decided to make a video clip

many will say that this is fake, that it never happened, i don't know and frankly i don't care! the message is powerful and positive

www.youtube.com...

This is a speech made in 1851 by Seattle, chief of the Suquamish, in response to a treaty proposal under which the Indians would sell two million acres of land for $150,000. Buckminster Fuller calls it "one of the most beautiful and profound environmental statements ever made"

How can you buy or sell the sky, the warmth of the land? The idea is strange to us.
If we do not own the freshness of the air and the sparkle of the water, how can you buy them?

Every part of this earth is sacred to my people. Every shining pine needle, every sandy shore, every mist in the dark woods, every clearing and humming insect is holy in the memory and experience of my people. The sap which courses through the trees carries the memories of the red man.

The white man's dead forget the country of their birth when they go to walk among the stars. Our dead never forget this beautiful earth, for it is the mother of the red man. We are part of the earth and it is part of us. The perfumed flowers are our sisters; the deer, the horse, the great eagle, these are our brothers. [...]

[can't figure it out how to embed the vid]

[edit on 16-3-2010 by raynemarina]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
by building a skyscraper then you can sell the sky room!!

basically building upwards

[edit on 16-3-2010 by jumpingbeanz]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Well, you can certainly buy and sell the things that the sky affords.

Aren't there states in America where the sunshine and the rain is actually owned by utility companies and you're not allowed to collect your own rain and so on?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by raynemarina

You can, but shouldn't sell or buy the sky and/or land...eventually we will come to see we only own these things in our mind, and in the end, it comes down to imaginary lines drawn in dirt which further divide people up and turn them against each other resulting in massive world wars and so on...and yes, I am promoting a one world Government, it just isn't operated by a minority of elites who think they can own the world...

reply to post by Merriman Weir

Aren't there states in America where the sunshine and the rain is actually owned by utility companies and you're not allowed to collect your own rain and so on?
I think so...it's just disgusting...and anyone who can't see this is surely blind or profiting from it...

[edit on 16/3/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by raynemarina

The words here attributed to Chief Seattle are pretty. But he is dead and his people are gone. If they had understood the white man, perhaps they would still be here.

What more is there to say?

How can you buy or sell the sky, the warmth of the land? The idea is strange to us.

It is a simple thing. When you buy land you are coming to an agreement about future intended behavior. If I have a rock in my hand, it is within my power to throw it, drop it, to write upon it. If I sell the rock to you and you buy it from me, we are agreeing that I will not act my will upon it, and you may.

This agreement does not change the rock.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
When will humans see the folly in the concept of ownership

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
it's not about THE *sky literally
it's about that we are on earth as travelers, nothing really belongs to us, tho it's all ours to use
we can't sell land that it isn't ours in the first place

like the *rich *elites like to think they own the land, and take out the resources of the earth and sell them to others, what gives them the right??? first come, first sell???? NO!!! VENI VIDI VICI???? NOOOOO!!!
this is soooooo wrong!!!!!

when will we learn to live in harmony with nature and fellow human beings and share the earth, not SELL it?!

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Take my love
Take my land
Take me where I cannot stand
I don't care
I'm still free
You can't take the sky from me.

Burn the land and boil the sea...
You can't take the sky from me.

Was Joss Whedon both channeling Chief Seattle and predicting our future?

top topics

join