It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What might really be happening in Washington State?

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

LOL...yes. You make an extremely valid point. One of the reasons I have taken to documenting times on here is so that I can see if there is a clear correlation or not. This last one is by no means clear. It could very well have been that she was just anxious because I was gone. I DO need to be mindful that if she really DOES have an ability to sense these quakes, I don't diminish it by over-reacting to every little thing she does.

Oh...I have a couple more pics to share. These are not what I would call worth framing,
but I think they give you the proper perspective on just how MASSIVE these volcanos are here in the PNW.

While I was gone this weekend down on the Oregon Coast, I took a picture of Mt. Saint Helens and Rainier as seen from I5 (the main N/S highway). Please keep in mind this was taken through a window while going 70 mph....but you'll ge the idea.

Mount Rainier as seen from I5 just South of Seattle (looking out the back window to the South). It literally towers over the lower half of our State:

This is the view of Mount Saint Helens as seen near Astoria. I was actually just West of I5 on a connecting freeway...I really had no idea you could see Helens so well from the Coast. It is quite a site to see how the top is blown right off. What it must have looked like from there when it erupted!!!

Finally....I just have to throw in a nicer one.
This is Haystack Rock in Cannon Beach and the surf at Seaside..both in Northern Oregon.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

excellent and beautiful pics!

check your deep tremor thread

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Okay. I just looked at the deep tremors for yesterday. I am posting this here on the Washington thread because it's very relevant. This is the first time since I began watching this over a year ago, that it made the hairs rise on the back of my neck.

Check this out:

source

Those of you that have also been following the tremors will probably see it right away.

Typically, the tremors are in clusters, or running on a North/South pattern. Here is another image for comparison. It is one that I posted earlier showing the tremors in a time-lapse over a couple of months when it was last very active:

The tremors that went on all day yesterday look like they are freakin radiating out from a central point. ALL the way across the cascades.

In addition to that, when I look at the history for the past few days there WAS one quake right in the epicenter of that formation. It was small, but perhas significant for the same reason I felt the one out on the peninsula recently was. Location and depth.

Magnitude 1.3
Date-Time Friday, August 05, 2011 at 02:00:31 UTC
Thursday, August 04, 2011 at 07:00:31 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 47.590°N, 122.490°W
Depth 60 km (37.3 miles) set by location program
Region SEATTLE-TACOMA URBAN AREA, WASHINGTON
Distances 6 km (4 miles) NE (48°) from Manchester, WA
8 km (5 miles) SSE (155°) from Bainbridge Island, WA
11 km (7 miles) NE (51°) from Parkwood, WA
12 km (8 miles) WSW (251°) from Seattle, WA

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 1.6 km (1.0 miles); depth fixed by location program
Parameters NST= 9, Nph= 10, Dmin=25 km, Rmss=0.15 sec, Gp=119°,
M-type=duration magnitude (Md), Version=1
Source Pacific Northwest Seismograph Network

Event ID uw08050200

source

Right smack dab from the subduction zone.

This concerns me....seriously, the hairs are still raised. I've had a bad feeling ever since about 1:00 this morning and it hasn't gone away. I'll be eagerly waiting for five to roll around when they typically post the days tremors. Maybe I'll email the site admin to get his take on it. He's talked to me in the past.

edit on 8-8-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
So I wrote to the site manager for the tremors and he was great about writing me back. Said that he thought something was wrong with one of the seismos and would be fixing it. If you go back to the above linked site you will see that yesterdays chart has now changed from the one I captured.

Make of it what you will.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Those photos are SO beautiful WC! Despite the danger of living in such an active area, if I were able, i'd jump ship and move to WA in an instant! It's amazing how big Mt Rainier looks, our local 'mountain' is about 300m high and that's really all we've got near town, so i'm super jealous!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
My little dog is doing her 'freaking out in-you-face' act again.

We'll see if we get a small to moderate quake close (whithin 30 miles or so) in the next few hours.

(just keeping track)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I'm usualy sound asleep right now. But for some reason tonite I'm tired but I can't sleep.
It's 2:53 here and I have to be up at 5:00. Cats and Dogs seem to be fine. But I seem to be stressing. Not usual for me.
Not usual for me at this time of nite. I
edit on 11-8-2011 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)[/editbyI have this ringing in my head. ( and no I don't think I have food poisining) ]
edit on 11-8-2011 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

Well its 7 here. I'm tired as heck, but all seems to be ok. I think maybe Im feeding off others. I still have that feeling. Life goes on. must be off to work.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
My son and I are going camping at Mt Rainer this weekend, & Mt St Helens next weekend. As much as I love camping, I have to admit I'm a little (teeny, tiny) bit nervous with so many weird things going on lately. I will be sure to bring my camera, just in case...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
@crappiekat....I hear ya. Me too.

I've been feeling it a bit more lately, like the weeks leading up to the Japan Quake. Here's to hoping it goes away! (maybe we are picking up on the anxiety around us from the economy???)

@onthelookout: If you have a phone with internet access...I'll monitor the mountains for ya! I'm sure it'll be fine and you'll have an amazing time!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Hey westcoast, how ya doing? It's been awhile since I have posted at all on ATS, but I am still reading everyday. I have had to take a break, and probably going to get back to that break after this post.

Life is amazingly fantastic for me lately, but I 100% agree with what you wrote. That feeling, not fear or panicky, but that feeling of something big, something possibly hurtful, that several of us felt before the big Japan one, keeps building every single day for some time now. That feeling is getting really strong now, each day becoming almost unbearable at times.

Ear ringing, hopefully not prophetic vivid eq dreaming every night for the last four nights, my kids and dog acting weird, odd animal sightings too. I don't know what to make of it at all. I think I am batting about 30% correct overall in the alternative pred thread, so I thought I would share with you.

The thing that makes me nervous, is that the times I have been right so far, the same super strong luck has been happening that is going on now. Ridicuously successful at work, awesome times with my kids, lots of fun with my friends, and great personal life.

It would be so easy for me to not believe in precog, if this bad eq feeling coincided with the down times in my life, or when life isn't on such a high note. Lol, that would be easy, go get some help.

Anyway, you do awesome work westcoast, I hope you keep it up. And the only other thing that I pay a lot of attention too, besides my feelings, my kids, and my dog...is your dog!

Thanks, and I hope we are wrong.

Peace

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

It's great to hear from you! We seem to be on the same 'wavelength'. Funny you mention the positive things in your life. Same here. Certainly can't complain! Life is good.

Don't worry....I can't seem to 'stop' even when I try. In fact, it seems to be when I try that stuff happens! I believe this is due to my tendency to get too wrapped up in it all when I feel things building. I try to pull back.

Anyways...watching my dogs! Seems nothing happened last time..unless you count the 3.3 to north of us in Canada, but that was quite a ways a way so I think too much of a stretch.

Take care and enjoy your good, positive Karma!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Bit random, but as this is one of my favourite threads on all of ATS I thought i'd share my dream from last night.

It was very brief, at the end of some regular boring dream but then it changed to me watching TV and on the news was a picture of WA state, with Seattle being the only name of it with the red target rings (like how they show earthquake epicentres on TV) with '7.2 Quake' next to it - I remember waking up, thinking of you Westcoast, and checking ATS and Quakewatch app, and.. nothing. It felt SO real! Not claiming any psychic ability, but just in case, wanted this recorded ;p.
x

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Mt Rainer was awesome! I got a couple of great pics of the mountain that I might share if I ever load them on my computer. (I'm lazy like that)

This coming weekend is Mt St Helens!....and I couldn't help but notice some movement there the last couple of days. Eeep.

Ummm...so yeah I have a smart phone with internet access...if I have coverage where I'm at...I'll be checking in here.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by westcoast
Okay. I just looked at the deep tremors for yesterday. I am posting this here on the Washington thread because it's very relevant. This is the first time since I began watching this over a year ago, that it made the hairs rise on the back of my neck.

Check this out:

source

Those of you that have also been following the tremors will probably see it right away.

Typically, the tremors are in clusters, or running on a North/South pattern. Here is another image for comparison. It is one that I posted earlier showing the tremors in a time-lapse over a couple of months when it was last very active:

The tremors that went on all day yesterday look like they are freakin radiating out from a central point. ALL the way across the cascades.

In addition to that, when I look at the history for the past few days there WAS one quake right in the epicenter of that formation. It was small, but perhas significant for the same reason I felt the one out on the peninsula recently was. Location and depth.

Magnitude 1.3
Date-Time Friday, August 05, 2011 at 02:00:31 UTC
Thursday, August 04, 2011 at 07:00:31 PM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 47.590°N, 122.490°W
Depth 60 km (37.3 miles) set by location program
Region SEATTLE-TACOMA URBAN AREA, WASHINGTON
Distances 6 km (4 miles) NE (48°) from Manchester, WA
8 km (5 miles) SSE (155°) from Bainbridge Island, WA
11 km (7 miles) NE (51°) from Parkwood, WA
12 km (8 miles) WSW (251°) from Seattle, WA

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 1.6 km (1.0 miles); depth fixed by location program
Parameters NST= 9, Nph= 10, Dmin=25 km, Rmss=0.15 sec, Gp=119°,
M-type=duration magnitude (Md), Version=1
Source Pacific Northwest Seismograph Network

Event ID uw08050200

source

Right smack dab from the subduction zone.

This concerns me....seriously, the hairs are still raised. I've had a bad feeling ever since about 1:00 this morning and it hasn't gone away. I'll be eagerly waiting for five to roll around when they typically post the days tremors. Maybe I'll email the site admin to get his take on it. He's talked to me in the past.

edit on 8-8-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

Has anyone noticed the Cascadia Tremor Activity Map for Aug 21? It went from 492 the day before to 629 on Aug 21. It's not radiating out like what you were pointing out in this previous post, it's all clustered - but I was wondering if you had any thoughts on this? I'm curious about the uptick this month...

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by onthelookout

Yup. Definate increase in activity. I was gone for five days and just took a look last night. Yikes!

You can see by going back over the info on here for the past month that a few of us have been questioning what is up. I've even communicated with the array team.

It would appear that the ETS has started...three months early. I am putting together a new thread on it, since I plan on following this as yearly!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Yay, awesome! It will be nice to have a thread just for this.

Last Thursday night, (our first night at Mt St Helens) while I was in the tent trying to get comfortable in my sleeping bag, I was feeling woozy like I was on a crazy carnival ride. Not the kind where you get sick to your stomach...it was more like when you're actually having fun on the rides (wheeeeeeee!)

That was the reason I was even looking at the deep tremors (and earthquake sites), I was trying to see if I was picking up on anything (besides the fact that I was sleeping on the ground next to a volcano!)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Just want to share my latest close-up and personal shot of Mount Baker. It was glorious up there this week!!

One more of the neighboring mountains as seen through the trees from a trail WAAAAY up high! (the drive up to the trailhead scared the crud out of me!)

edit on 23-8-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Earthquakes at Cascadia...

August 19 : 290 earthquakes.
August 20 : 492 earthquakes.
August 21 : 629 earthquakes.
August 22 : 326 earthquakes

So it went up a hell lot on August 21...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yup!! They have officially called it a new ETS (Episodic Tremor and Slip) event, and have started a new blog.

I began a fresh thread on it HERE to add any new info!

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join