It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA finds shrimp dinner on ice beneath Antarctica

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

In a surprising discovery about where higher life can thrive, scientists for the first time found a shrimp-like creature and a jellyfish frolicking beneath a massive Antarctic ice sheet.

Six hundred feet below the ice where no light shines, scientists had figured nothing much more than a few microbes could exist.

That's why a NASA team was surprised when they lowered a video camera to get the first long look at the underbelly of an ice sheet in Antarctica. A curious shrimp-like creature came swimming by and then parked itself on the camera's cable. Scientists also pulled up a tentacle they believe came from a foot-long jellyfish.

This is amazing. I am quite surprised that life could actually live in that time of climate.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
interesting check this link out www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
But this is impossible! Science says life can only exist where it's warm! What do we do!?!?!??!

Great find. Scientists don't know shi-

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Nice to see NASA IS WATCHING SPACE UNDER ANTARTICA very cool NASA wonders if they found anything else lmao.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Rumor control:

This so called discovery was staged! They used a 3'x5' freezer and scale models. You wouldn't believe what they REALLY found down there...

j/k

The threashhold for what can be considered life bearing environments gets larger and larger everyday!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I recently listened to hoagland talking about an ancient civilisation living next to a hot lake 3 miles beneath the ice. Interesting

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Nice to see NASA IS WATCHING SPACE UNDER ANTARTICA very cool NASA wonders if they found anything else lmao.

Actually it makes quite a bit of sense for NASA to be looking in the most remote and 'before thought to harbor no life' places on this planet for space exploration. It will help them there scientists to stop knowing what they KNOW and get on to LEARNING what they don't know. Life can exist in virtually all environments. If it can, it will exist.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dariousg

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Actually it makes quite a bit of sense for NASA to be looking in the most remote and 'before thought to harbor no life' places on this planet for space exploration. It will help them there scientists to stop knowing what they KNOW and get on to LEARNING what they don't know. Life can exist in virtually all environments. If it can, it will exist.

I agree friend just tuggen AT NASA AND THE WAY THEY DO WHAT THEY DO
.I am familiar they do studies on EXTREMAFILE CREATURES also, take care. Its just nice to see they are atleast talking about life in that region NOW must be that time of EXISTANCE AGAIN LOL.

[edit on 3/15/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
When i saw the headline to the post i thought maybe it was a whole Shrimp dinner with the foam serving dish....

Anyway, very interesting.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I'll bite; What did they find down there?

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
ya i saw that arcticle recently. I think its a very important arcticle relating to space exploration.

Ignorant people will say "lol shrimp omg this is what we pay nasa for."

well, aside from all the lying and frustration coming from nasa, finding another habitable planet is i think one of the most important goals for our civilization at the moment.

If we can start seeding out throughout our own galaxy we could easily ease a lot of the problems we have such as pollution, energy crysis and hunger/starvation.

top topics

join