It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next time watch where you park your Karma!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
This is going to be a really short thread because it would be inappropriate for me to post virtually any of the names or identifying details, but I just can't help but gloat a little.

I work security in a place where wealthy and sometimes famous people can be found. A couple of days ago I was a little torn about a decision to write one of them a parking ticket (I almost never write a ticket if I can get away with not doing it, because I'm not a peace officer, the people who judge the cases are not appointed to any court, and if our tickets are actually legal at all I'm pretty sure that they shouldn't be). But because of where the violation was, there was no way I could claim to have missed it if anybody else noticed, so I had to do it. The name that ended up on that ticket didn't ring any bells at the time, but it does now...

Today I came home from work and my little cousin told me about her day, volunteering at a sporting event. She handed a professional athlete the wrong one of two identical towels, and had a tantrum, a few epithets, and a blunt object thrown at her for that.

Naturally I demanded a name...

And in a few days, this person will open their mail, and soon after will call to tell me that I don't know who I'm messing with. And I'll just let them go on believing that.

The funniest part is that if I had done it after the fact and it had been blatant retaliation, the $50 dollars would mean nothing to this person- they would probably burn a whole fist full of 50s in front of me just to make the point and forget the whole thing before the smoke cleared. But experience shows that to be held accountable to the same set of rules as everyone else by a working class guy like me is just about the most infuriating thing that could happen to a person like that. It couldn't have gone this well if I had planned it.

new topics

join