It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Use Wisdom Teeth To Replace Lost Teeth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Our Ancestors designed wisdom teeth for a purpose.

They just sit back there, under the gums- in reserve.

When you're a geezer (wise), just pull out the bad molar, extract the pristine beautiful wisdom tooth and 'poof!' insert instant living cloned replacement tooth in brand-new condition in the fresh, bloody hole.

DON'T give your wisdom teeth away.

They could even be carved into implant stumps for frontal teeth, then crowned.

Any oral-maxial-facial surgeons on the board? No patent on this idea, run with it!

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

Too late for me, I had all 4 wisdom teeth removed as a college freshman to prevent "crowding" of my other teeth at my dentist's recommendation, but now it seems like I would have had enough room for them without removing them. Mine weren't "under the gums" as you put it, they had broken the surface and seemed to be coming in when I had them pulled.

The size/shape of the wisdom tooth might be wrong for an immediate and direct replacement for another tooth, but with some shaping/sizing as you suggest I don't know why it would be impossible, but I'm not an oral-maxial-facial surgeon either!

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Umm not to sure what the OP's on about, our ancestors 'designed'? wisdom teeth.. thats a new one
. I know what they are intimating but wisdom teeth dont just sit there in the gum in reserve... they WILL come out on their own eventually.

They erupt just like normal teeth just in your teens rather than your first few years like baby/child teeth.

I have all 4 wisdom teeth still in my head fully erupted and functional, sure the bottom ones are tilted inwards 30 degrees and the upper ones are tilted outwards likewise and they have buckled my upper gum line slightly inwards. They were mildly aching over the 9 years when during monthly periods they decided to move a fraction of a mill more out, was an 'interesting' experience having trap door like flaps of gum at the back of my mouth for a while
(not to mention id ALWAYS get a cold the weeks they where 'on the move'). I like to think of it as a novelty
given how many people get there's removed for no real good reason, over crowding is a rather stupid reason really since they have usually ample space back there to pop up unless they come up under established teeth which would be a problem, but at least i have 4 teeth more than every one else
and i didnt have to go through that barbaric removal operation

Strange thing is for them to erupt properly without fuss and without deforming the jaw line humans would need to have jaws and upper jaws at least half a centimeter longer... must admit, its an interesting throw back and a sure sign our faces are getting shallower, but they are hardly useless, also by the time most people get them removed you shouldnt really have any real teeth problems that need to be replaced, and i doubt you could keep em on ice until you did need em, teeth are live after all not some solid bone. Then again humans these days have shocking diets and oral hygiene unfortunately.

Just look after your teeth better its alot easier
heck im 31 and ive had only 2 tiny fillings and only been to a dentist proper 5 times in my life... only brush my teeth once a day, and floss every other.

Personally id say dont get em removed unless they are actually gonna cause 'real' issues.

[edit on 15-3-2010 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
don't know about wisdom teeth, but I never understood why they didn't just insert a replacement false tooth in the cavity where they just pulled a real tooth out.

I would think that the gumbs would soon grab onto the new tooth and hold it better than the sloppy arrangement of having a partial or denture.

I mean, now they drill holes and put in posts, so whats the difference? Probable answer is more $ to be earned the way they do it now.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
i got one removed after it started going black.i have still 3 more.the horrors which i had during the extraction.I could feel a driller drilling my bones and after that my mouth was swollen for 5 days.

new topics

top topics

join