It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fantastic Planet - A Freaky French Cartoon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I found this movie that was originally made in France. It is about an alien race that is 100 times the size of humans, and has us as pets. (They stole humans from Earth) The aliens meditate on humans. The aliens culture is all based around some weird sort of metaphysical reality. Maybe some people on ATS can get more meaning out of it than me.

There is some mild artistic nudity in the movie. If you are interest in watching the whole thing it is on youtube in sections.

Here's the preview.

I thought this would be interesting to share. It has an interesting meaning to it, but very weird.

MODS: DON'T MOVE THIS TO BTS, IF YOU WATCH IT YOU WILL NOTICE THAT IT FITS THE PHILOSOPHY AND METAPHYSICS FORUM VERY WELL

I hope someone finds some interest in this. It's probably just going to give me nightmares.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by Phlynx]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Not one I fancy watching tonight, but I will certainly give it a whirl tomorrow when I have more time.
Thanks for posting it!

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
i absolutely love this movie, i saw first in japan in japanese, then in french in america with subtitles, classic!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
It reminds me a lot of Jeroen Bosch paintings, that whole freaky offworld astral like experience.

I think it was intended as a play on human nature.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by locster
It reminds me a lot of Jeroen Bosch paintings, that whole freaky offworld astral like experience.

I think it was intended as a play on human nature.

Yes, it's majorly a play on human nature, but a freaky one.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
that looks like an awsome cartoon, thanks to the OP for bringing this to my attention.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
this is a wicked entertaining movie:

(click to open player in new window)

Alxandro posted a really choppy FULL version of it a long time ago in the media section, what do you expect though for under 50 mb? You can get the full thing on youtube if you can understand french, otherwise you can only get parts in english.. or watch the choppy version here.

[edit on 14-3-2010 by CavemanDD]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
also, look at this video a friend sent me the other day, another cool metaphysical cartoon clip. It really plays on certain themes like a question of good and evil as being something relative to some being that may go about creating universes all day. I mean you can be considered evil for mudering food you eat, like plants or something, its just context and perspective. Its fun to look at different angles. But to me it really speaks of life as a subjective experience to detach limiting perspectives from, anyways... and so on, make of it what you will, its pretty cool regardless:

"who are you?"

"an angelllll"

"what's your name?"
"SATAN"
That's awesome.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I remember seeing this just once when it was first broadcast on TV in the 70s and it's still as fascinating as it was back then. It has been shown since then but only a very disappointing severely edited version aimed at kids so thanks for the link as I never thought of looking online for the original uncut version

It's a brilliant piece of work that gets us thinking.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CavemanDD
also, look at this video a friend sent me the other day, another cool metaphysical cartoon clip. It really plays on certain themes like a question of good and evil as being something relative to some being that may go about creating universes all day. I mean you can be considered evil for mudering food you eat, like plants or something, its just context and perspective. Its fun to look at different angles. But to me it really speaks of life as a subjective experience to detach limiting perspectives from, anyways... and so on, make of it what you will, its pretty cool regardless:

"who are you?"

"an angelllll"

"what's your name?"
"SATAN"
That's awesome.

I've seen it. It's really different.

posted on Apr, 13 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Looks like they will either make new one or a remake in 2013

www.imdb.com...

new topics