It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evil Nazi Doctor's (Mengele) obscure writings for sale at auction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Seems someone has found a new way of making profit on the fame of someone convicted for crimes against humanity.

www.theworldismycountry.org...

Panagopulos is featuring two Mengele writings in his next auction. The sale on January 20 and 21 is expected to bring Nazi collectors out of the woodwork to cough up $100,000 for the never-before-seen artifacts.

And what exactly will those delightful Nazis bid for at this auction?

One is a letter he wrote from Auschwitz to his estranged wife proclaiming his love and plans for “our imaginary reunion.” The other is a 180-page “diary” devoted to Mengele’s theories on eugenics and population control and his rambling views on women, politics, and the church. Consider: “The real problem,” writes Mengele, “is to define when human life is worth living and when it has to be eradicated.” The diary is written within the covers of a composition book titled Illustrated Zoology.

This eerily reminds me of the freaks that came out of the shadow's to buy up the remains of the Führer's art work last year. I've always wondered who the people are that buy this stuff - on the one hand I understand them - as a history buff collecting and owning such items doesn't seem far off to me, but I can't get rid of the suspicion that the people who drop this kind of money aren't in it for the history. It's either for financal or ideological reasons as I see it, and that is kind of revolting. Of course there's nothing wrong with making a buck... But making bucks on Hitler's fame.. It seems kind of off to me...
As for the other group, I won't even say anything about them. It's kind of disgusting to me that there are still plenty of people around that will buy this stuff and worship it. I literally see an altar in a dark cellar somewhere where some freak hung up his collection of Hitler paintings.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.thelocal.de...

Well anyway. If anyone is interested, go and bid - as far as I have seen you can still bid although the article is from january.
If you do buy it, make sure to inform me and send a copy of the manuscript to me. You can read excerpts from the manuscript and look at some pictures of it at the auctioner's wesite: (under LOT 650)

auctions.alexautographs.com...

I can't decide if this is fascination or simply tasteless. What do you think?

BTW I put this in current events because the auction seems to be open still. Mods, feel free to move - I won't repeat my plea for a genuine history forum at this point. :-)

[edit on 14-3-2010 by NichirasuKenshin]

posted on Aug, 17 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Seems like there's no prospective buyers on ATS. I'm positively surprised :-)

new topics

join